We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Psychotria propagation Options

Ringworm
#21 Posted : 7/3/2013 5:54:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cool purelyscientific. If ya don't mind me asking where? I'd love to check it out, see if there are any questions I could help with.

Nathaniel:
Evolution. I did what I did, now I do what I do.

As far as legal issues. I've been in this online entheo thing for awhile. The only people I've seen have problems are those that are mass marketing dead plant matter or potent extracts. Stay clear of that, and you shouldn't run into any problems.
"We're selling more than a cracker here," Krijak said. "We're selling the salty, unctuous illusion of happiness."

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

WildEdibles
#22 Posted : 10/21/2013 3:47:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thoes are beautiful healthy looking plants WOW Smile Great work

It is very neat seeing the little plant-lets finally I have heard they can be rooted like this reading it but finally seeing pictures hehe neat thanks
I feel @ 1 in the sun
All in all is all we r. Nirvana

Continuum
#23 Posted : 2/8/2014 6:32:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Ringworm,

Do you have any experience with leaving several seedlings planted together? Does it interfere with growth if multiple plants from the same leaf are not separated? I have one that needs up-potted, and I'd like to know if I need to separate them or of they'll grow happily together as long as they have root room.

Let me know if a pic of the specific plant would help.

Thanks!
Forge a Path with Heart <3

universecannon
#24 Posted : 2/8/2014 6:42:03 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

This propagation guide has been added to the new nexus e-zine Smile

http://ezine.dmt-nexus.me/

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Macre
#25 Posted : 2/9/2014 11:36:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
This propagation guide has been added to the new nexus e-zine Smile

http://ezine.dmt-nexus.me/

Great guide and excellent content for the zine. In fact, last night I separated and re-potted my first few plantlets from three leaf cuttings I've had in a propagator for about 6 months. They are now in a big misty dome with nice big pots with plenty of root space. The cuttings are still in the propagator, I think I can still get some plants out of them.

Only time will tell if they are PV or PA, though questioning the supplier he gave some good answers about the differences between the two. I can't speculate in either direction at the moment.

Peace

Macre
Macre attached the following image(s):
plants.jpg (199kb) downloaded 528 time(s).
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

Ringworm
#26 Posted : 2/11/2014 2:42:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is pretty easy to tell them apart.

When I originally wrote this, I was unaware of how to do so. Of course that was about 12 years ago when I first took these pictures.
The easiest way to tell with young plants is how the leaf attaches to the stem.
"We're selling more than a cracker here," Krijak said. "We're selling the salty, unctuous illusion of happiness."

Macre
#27 Posted : 2/11/2014 6:30:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ringworm wrote:
It is pretty easy to tell them apart.

When I originally wrote this, I was unaware of how to do so. Of course that was about 12 years ago when I first took these pictures.
The easiest way to tell with young plants is how the leaf attaches to the stem.

Interesting, I didn't know that. I was under the impression that you could only tell them apart from the flowers, with PV having smaller white flowers. How do you tell them apart this way?

Peace

Macre
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

Ringworm
#28 Posted : 2/11/2014 11:30:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Look at the second photo in this thread. Notice how the leaf differs from the rest of the pictures.

Macre
#29 Posted : 2/12/2014 7:24:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ringworm wrote:
Look at the second photo in this thread. Notice how the leaf differs from the rest of the pictures.

Ah yes, it is a lot wider where the leaf meets the stem.

Peace

Macre

Ringworm
#30 Posted : 2/12/2014 1:45:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Indeed it is.

I am no botanist, or taxonomist, so that said.....
I've grown all sortsa viridis, alba, etc.
Some viridis were hesitant to make espina, some alba made them easily. The flowers of the alba and the viridis I grew were identical.

In my humble opinion, i would say there is a huge amount of crossbreeding in the genus. I think if I were to start over with a collection, I'd try to get some plant matter of known potency prior to growing a forest of them, and just wouldn't pay so much attention to what species or external traits the plant had. (oh wait, that is pretty much what I did)

Macre
#31 Posted : 2/12/2014 7:11:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You make a very fair point. I guess all I need to do is carry out analysis on the plant matter when it's older. If it's active then cool, I'll take loads of cuttings and create my own forest. If it's not, I'll just have a few nice plants to look at. Beyond that, a name is just a name.

Peace

Macre

slewb
#32 Posted : 9/12/2014 7:39:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pine bark based soil = compost + pine bark mulch?

Ringworm
#33 Posted : 9/14/2014 3:18:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I live in an area where pulp wood pine trees are a huge crop.
For me, I could get a semi truck load (50+ yards) for $300.
All it was is ground up pine bark that sat around for awhile.
I cannot speak for other soil types, but this one worked pretty well for me.

Use what works and you can get for cheap, locally.

skoobysnax
#34 Posted : 11/5/2016 11:26:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Continuum wrote:
Hi Ringworm,

Do you have any experience with leaving several seedlings planted together? Does it interfere with growth if multiple plants from the same leaf are not separated? I have one that needs up-potted, and I'd like to know if I need to separate them or of they'll grow happily together as long as they have root room.

Thanks!

I know this is an old question but it seems like my conjoined plants are doing well so far.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

skoobysnax
#35 Posted : 4/30/2017 5:50:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

skoobysnax wrote:
Continuum wrote:
Hi Ringworm,

Thanks!

I know this is an old question but it seems like my conjoined plants are doing well so far.

My PV survived the winter and 2 attaclkes by varmints that un-potted a few. They are loving the outdoors and the rain.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

themtea
#36 Posted : 1/17/2019 1:03:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

how many generation of p.viridis is possibly could propagated through leaf cutting? eg. first leaf cutting grown into big tree, and then leaf taken from that tree, and planted and grown into another tree and so on and on. would it lose vigour and die after certain generation? also would the dmt content decreases by generations? or a new tree from a leaf cutting is genetically different from the mother tree?

Muskogee Herbman
#37 Posted : 1/17/2019 1:59:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Heres my propagation technique i learned from Pinkoyd. Looks like the photos that were here are now gone... Afaik they can be cloned endlessly, and i dont see why it would decrease generation to generation. The Plant is a voracious grower. If you were to rip it out of the ground and some roots remained, new plants would grow, plants grow from the leafs in two different spots, they grow from the seeds, it is a very very prolific propagator, albeit slow.
Muskogee Herbman attached the following image(s):
20170528_151641.jpg (3,568kb) downloaded 157 time(s).
20170528_145038.jpg (5,754kb) downloaded 150 time(s).
20170528_151645.jpg (4,643kb) downloaded 150 time(s).
20181215_121034.jpg (6,765kb) downloaded 157 time(s).
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

Spiralout
#38 Posted : 2/27/2019 5:25:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice musk. Yeah rws pictures are gone for me too ..

I'm going to give this a shot; will update next fall.

DancinDog
#39 Posted : 8/29/2019 10:17:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm new here, but isn't this the plant that Ringworm and others said you could accordian fold or cut up the leaves to create multiple plantlets per leaf?

I'm looking forward getting some leaves and learning to propagate these. Smile

twitchy
#40 Posted : 8/29/2019 11:57:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is based on taste only, but I've noticed that the bitterness of the leaves increases dramatically over about a month or so once you've snapped them and planted them. I'm assuming this is a natural defense mechanism against the leaf cutter ants, but there's a good chance this is caused by a spike in alkaloid content... I've yet to confirm it with assay but they get inedibly bitter after they root. Once they root and create shoots, the rest of the leaf can be snipped off without harming the new plantlet IME, and I'm betting it's going to be a very potent chacruna leaf at that point. I don't know if anyone else here believes in signs, but about two days after I figured this out, I caught the tail end of a nature show on television about leaf cutter ants. Thumbs up

Take a wild guess as to how some plants defend against them. Big grin
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

PREV12