We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"Acacia aroma" syn. Acacia farnesiana Options

frozenthunderbolt
#1 Posted : 1/3/2014 6:28:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi folks,

I just received seeds of "acacia aroma" from a friend.

I only found one other thread on Nexus about it, with little useful info.

A preliminary G00g1e search turned up a couple of papers about it's potential use as a powerful anti-microbial and anti-bacterial.

If anyone has anymore info about this plant, or if you have tried and extraction and reagent test or bio-assay, I would really appreciate it.

Smile

Edit: according to "Phytochemical Dictionary of the Leguminosae, Volume 1" By Frank Bisby
(courtesy of G*0g1e Books) it contains no alkaloids - I'll keep researching and would still appreciate others input

An archived page from maya enthnobotanicals states that "An Argentinean ethno botanist recently found this species to contain significant amounts of Tryptamine alkaloids. His findings were later confirmed by a yet unpublished laboratory analysis and a bioassay of the material."

One study of it's anti-ulcer properties also calls it Acacia farnesiana which is found in the DMT wikiki here, but which does not describe any referenced records of named alkaloids

Tentative identification of 5-MeO-DMT and an unidentified β-carboline from immature seed pods: Trout, K. & Friends. 2007. Some Simple Tryptamines. Second edition. Mydriatic
Productions, USA.

Those who walk in truth and love grow in honor and strength.
Bright blessings

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

wearepeople
#2 Posted : 2/4/2014 3:22:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

Are you sure A. aroma is synonymous with A. farnesiana? I've only ever seen Acacia farnesiana called "sweet acacia" or Acacia smallii.

www.aridzonetrees.com/im...Cut%20sheets/acsma05.pdf

I couldn't find anything that links the two.

Thank you,
Wap
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

nen888
#3 Posted : 2/5/2014 6:55:20 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

WAP is right...they are two different species, with quite different characteristics (particularly pods)

Acacia aroma is now Vachellia aroma and is found in Bolivia, Peru, Argentina and Paraguay.

BundleflowerPower
#4 Posted : 1/21/2015 1:01:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well what about acacia smallii? They grow along the coast near me, in dune-shrub habitats. I have a few yearlings in my yard but it will be some time before I can work with them. Can't find much on them, but I'd be amazed if they didn't contain tryptamines.