We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Possible adverse effect from the Gates being closed and a suggestion Options

The Black Cat
#1 Posted : 2/2/2014 1:28:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

So I am very new to the Nexus. I would not want to jeopardize my standing here. However I have wanted to ask for help locating a plant that is not any controlled list and has no illegal potential. I would also like to post some news articles that I think would be of interest to many members but reluctant because of the attitude. Confused

After sitting on these rather minor conflicts I came to realize something. What if someone comes here really wound up over dosage or something else that has consequences. I am not suggesting that the standards get eased in any way. I realize to much at stake in multiple dimensions.

I like the idea of mentoring. Not in navigating hyperspace but at least in learning how to communicate in the Nexus. One vision of this would be extending the probation period, but for those new members who want a more fast way to full membership they could take on roles in the Collaborative Research Project and thus be groomed for the right expectations.

Another way to help the situation would be a stupid question link to another off site server or something that would be blind to the mainstream Nexus in which is only be visible to the selected panel members. Panel members could deal with them at leisure.

I realize that these suggestions would not serve the concerns of the current situations but I hope this helpful nonetheless.

Too many times the most dangerous question is the one that was not asked. It is only a matter of time.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Entheogenerator
#2 Posted : 2/2/2014 3:59:04 AM

Homo discens

HerosJourney wrote:
Hi,

So I am very new to the Nexus. I would not want to jeopardize my standing here. However I have wanted to ask for help locating a plant that is not any controlled list and has no illegal potential. I would also like to post some news articles that I think would be of interest to many members but reluctant because of the attitude. Confused

Provided they were posted in the appropriate subforums, you had checked the Attitude Page to make sure they were within its boundaries, and you had looked through the forum extensively enough to be fairly certain that they had not already been covered; I don't think the topics you mentioned wanting to post about would cause any problems.

HerosJourney wrote:
What if someone comes here really wound up over dosage or something else that has consequences.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this? I feel like The Nexus is pretty easy to navigate. I think if someone were really concerned about figuring out an appropriate starter dose, or something like that, they would be unlikely to have much trouble finding that information.

HerosJourney wrote:
Another way to help the situation would be a stupid question link to another off site server or something that would be blind to the mainstream Nexus in which is only be visible to the selected panel members. Panel members could deal with them at leisure.

I am far from an expert on the logistics of maintaining a website/forum/server, so I may be wrong about this, but to me that sounds like it would require a fair amount of work to maintain. Keep in mind that membership is free here, so Trav and the moderators are volunteering their time to keeping this place afloat. From what I can tell, they already have their hands pretty well full.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

The Traveler
#3 Posted : 2/2/2014 1:05:01 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

HerosJourney wrote:

What if someone comes here really wound up over dosage or something else that has consequences. I am not suggesting that the standards get eased in any way. I realize to much at stake in multiple dimensions.

There are other sites where that person can go to in case of an emergencey e.g.: www.tripsit.me

It is a very simple equation for me: if we do not close the gates and clean up the forum then the only viable alternative for me might be that I will have to quit with the DMT-Nexus altogether. The burden of working very hard for this place only to see it continuously being misused for personal quick wins and dirt throwing is one that I have been carrying way too long already.

HerosJourney wrote:

I like the idea of mentoring. Not in navigating hyperspace but at least in learning how to communicate in the Nexus. One vision of this would be extending the probation period, but for those new members who want a more fast way to full membership they could take on roles in the Collaborative Research Project and thus be groomed for the right expectations.

With the continuous influx of new members with a low interest in keeping this place prestine, this will not work. Letting new members poop over and over again on the forum after which the mods have to clean up again is something that clearly does not work. Some new members have been in the welcome area for years without any chance of getting promoted.

Also:
IMPORTANT: How to ask questions
A Few Tips for New Folks from a Regular Member...

People simply do not read. If you make a new post or thread in the welcome area it clearly shows that talk about buying/selling is not done here and still we keep removing such posts every day. Many people do not read or only have their own agenda in mind, now is the time that those people either change their ways and integrate or they will be shown the door.

HerosJourney wrote:

Welcome to For FAQ's Sake...

And I do not see how spending extra time for people who do not want to listen anyway can be justified to the people who actually do read and listen. It is the latter who will suffer from the first. I much rather put my time into research than babysitting non-behaving people.

HerosJourney wrote:

Too many times the most dangerous question is the one that was not asked. It is only a matter of time.

I do not see how this would apply to questions that are asked at least hundreds of times already and that can be looked up by google with a simple search. People should stop being lazy and do their own homework.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Mr.Peabody
#4 Posted : 2/2/2014 5:36:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
People should stop being lazy and do their own homework.

That's the heart of it. Before I became a member, I read this site for well over a year. I was unable to ask anyone anything, and I did just fine. I joined to have access to the art community here, and found how much I enjoyed using the forum overall.

When I have an idea for a new topic or question to ask, I search as much as possible, and then I get excited if there are no results. I love being able to start something new, because that means I am really contributing. It gets no one anywhere when people keep rehashing the same old crap, its a waste of the OP's time, and worse yet, everyone else'.
Be an adult only when necessary.