We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Moldy bark Options

wide-eyed
#1 Posted : 1/31/2014 2:15:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

apologies, seems I misunderstood.

just wondering if anyone thought it would create a toxic spice if one extracted from moldy bark. the largest pieces of mold can be removed but surely there is a coating of aflatoxin and other mycotoxins on the "clean" looking pieces.

(i am under the impression that this is ok to post)

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Spiralout
#2 Posted : 1/31/2014 3:25:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just curious what kind of bark it is and wheter it was moist or damp?

wide-eyed
#3 Posted : 1/31/2014 4:56:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It was pretty damp.

Mr.Peabody
#4 Posted : 1/31/2014 6:29:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, it's better left to the more chemistry-minded folks, but my take is, it is probably ok to extract.

I just recently extracted a good portion of rotten cactus, and ended up with the best quality of mescaline for myself to date. I did an STB, then salted out with sulfuric acid. I would think if you did a similar extraction with this bark, specifically salting with fumaric acid, you should end up with only the good stuff, and nothing toxic.

Are you able to separate anything without mold, or is it one big ball of mold?
Be an adult only when necessary.

wide-eyed
#5 Posted : 1/31/2014 6:55:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Its mostly the larger, thicker pieces that are moldy. Much of it is untouched, probably covered in spores though. I am not familiar with fumaric acid, I will have to look into it.

Entheogenerator
#6 Posted : 1/31/2014 7:45:24 AM

Homo discens

Wide-eyed, please read The Attitude Page and edit your posts accordingly. Stop

Quote:
No discussion on selling, buying, sourcing, acquiring, pricing, trading, mentioning pending deliveries or smuggling of drugs
This includes all isolated psychedelic compounds and RCs (Research Chemicals), whether they are legal or not. The only goods allowed to be discussed are legal live plants, legal viable seeds (both in the Sustainable plant and seed suppliers subforum) and legal/unwatched chemical supplies. See Street Value of DMT (AND WHY YOU SHOULDN'T EVER SELL DMT AND OTHER PSYCHEDELICS) for good reasons why we don't allow this.

EDIT: Thank you, wide-eyed.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 1/31/2014 8:48:48 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Mr.Peabody wrote:
Well, it's better left to the more chemistry-minded folks, but my take is, it is probably ok to extract.

I just recently extracted a good portion of rotten cactus, and ended up with the best quality of mescaline for myself to date. I did an STB, then salted out with sulfuric acid.[...]

I cursed when I saw this. I once threw away a rather large Trichocereus that had gone completely rotten. It was almost entirely liquid and stank of ammonia, though!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli