We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Soil mediums, nutrients and more? Options

Father Time
#1 Posted : 1/22/2014 3:27:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys and gals!!! im chiming in today to ask all of you what you personally use for your own salvia plant when it comes to Soil mixture, type Nutrients(npk), frequency of nutrients, & Ph of water if you ph your water at all. Feel free to share anything else you feel is valuable.

thanks Smile

p.s. if your feeling really peppy your even welcome to show off with some pics
anything posted buy this account is 100% fiction

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

The Unknowing
#2 Posted : 1/22/2014 4:45:05 AM

Life is a dream, the heart a compass

I use juicy rich garden soil with lots of organic compost mixed in. It gets watered when it rains. I have five tiny cuttings that I made from one plant I bought online and they're all growing a new set of leaves (the shortest cutting is around 3cm long!).

They seem to like growing under all my trees in shady/diffused lighting where the soil remains moist.

Don't make growing plants a science experiment Smile
Also, don't listen to me.
The Universe is Breathing
As Above, So Below, As Within, So Without ~ message from the divine

Cosmic Spore
#3 Posted : 1/22/2014 11:27:55 AM

โ˜  โšก โ˜ฃ โš  โ˜ข

I'm no expert, but I have some experience with Salvia growing.

I use "Jungle Growth" soil with a lot of perlite mixed in (40%-45% perlite).

Light intensity, fertilizing & cloning of Salvia divinorum (Sterling Bunnell 1962 strain)

The whitefly infestation killed most of mine.

Nicita
#4 Posted : 1/22/2014 5:49:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia grows very good in hydroponic systems (preferably with aquarium water). You can avoid the white flies that way, because the need soil to lay their eggs. Otherwise they will most certainly pop up at some time and they are really, really nasty to Salvia plants...
If you use soil, mix in lots of perlite, hydrocorrels or vermiculite. Fertilize with small doses whenever you notice slow growth.

Father Time
#5 Posted : 1/27/2014 6:15:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nicita wrote:
Salvia grows very good in hydroponic systems (preferably with aquarium water). You can avoid the white flies that way, because the need soil to lay their eggs. Otherwise they will most certainly pop up at some time and they are really, really nasty to Salvia plants...
If you use soil, mix in lots of perlite, hydrocorrels or vermiculite. Fertilize with small doses whenever you notice slow growth.

I use a hydroponic medium which really helps with the pests!! Basically I'm running a ph neutral & nutriant devoid medium. It's just a 40% vermiculite and 60% perlite which I treat as a hydroponic set up Smile works awesome !!
anything posted buy this account is 100% fiction

fathomlessness
#6 Posted : 9/4/2019 2:04:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Father Time wrote:
Nicita wrote:

I use a hydroponic medium which really helps with the pests!! Basically I'm running a ph neutral & nutriant devoid medium. It's just a 40% vermiculite and 60% perlite which I treat as a hydroponic set up Smile works awesome !!

Sorry to revive an old thread but that's a really good idea if I have understood it correctly. You mean that you have perlite and vermiculite in a pot and not a hydroponic pvc tubes. My fungus gnat problem is too bad to even consider anything else at this point!