We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Tasteless Acacia Confusa tea, indeed. Options

Sabnock
#1 Posted : 12/7/2013 5:06:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So to get straight to the point, i made a tasteless Acacia Confusa tea, don't know if it's tasteless on it's own, but i mixed my Acacia tea dose in a cup of tasty Lemon Balm tea with some sugar (feel free to sweeten with anything, i myself one day wanna try honey), and the Acacia Confusa is tasteless. There might be a very, very, very, very slight hint of a taste that you can associate with coming from the Acacia but it is in no way bad tasting at all and like i said it's basically tasteless and most people probably wouldn't even detect that very, very, very, very slight hint of Acacia.

I did the egg white tannin removal using 2 egg whites on 50 grams of Acacia Confusa root bark, 6 or so fresh boils, combined all boils together in a big pot and reduced down just a tad so that when it started boiling again it wouldn't overflow. Once it was reduced down just a tad, i let it cool off for about 20 minutes or so, and then i heated it back up until i saw steam coming off the brew and then added in my 2 egg whites and stirred. I boiled the brew, reduced it down to a manageable size and then filtered everything through a t-shirt and a coffee filter through a strainer, filtering out the tannins and cooked egg whites. After being filtered, i then proceeded to boil again and reduce the brew down to 500mls.

The resulting liquid, was placed in the freezer overnight, thawed the next day, and the clear liquid was decanted away from the remaining sediment. I was able to get 350mls of the clean/clear/translucent orangey red tea before the sediment tried to pour out. This 350mls of orangey red tea is tasteless when mixed with Lemon Balm tea, probably on it's own as well, and is indeed ACTIVE (i took some Moclobemide with it before trying it out with Harmalas in a few days). The remaining liquid with the sediment, was filtered over some cotton balls in 3 coffee filters through a strainer, and most of the sediment got trapped in the cotton balls, though just a tad slipped through and the remaining liquid looked just a tad bit cloudy so i stuck it back in the freezer and thawed it out, and it's got just a little, little tiny bit of sediment precipitated at the bottom, so i will filter it off later on and probably will mix it with the rest of the tea.

And i didn't use any acid like Vinegar or Citric Acid, though i'm sure a little pinch of Citric Acid wouldn't hurt, Vinegar might leave a taste, idk.

But indeed, it's tasteless, and i bet one can mix their Acacia Confusa dose into any beverage and the results will still be the same, full of magic and tasty. Enjoy! And yes, this probably does apply to Mimosa as well, since the egg white thing was originally for Mimosa due to the tannins, but it works with Acacia just as well Smile

Shout out to BecomeTheOther and his advice in the Clear Mimosa Tea thread that can be found online by searching, about using the egg whites in cleaning the Mimosa tea, which he was pretty spot on with his advice Smile

Btw, i wasn't exactly sure where to post this, so please move it to the right location if the Pharma thread isn't appropriate.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Sabnock
#2 Posted : 12/14/2013 5:10:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Btw i should note that i drank the Acacia tea dose, warm, in a warm Lemon Balm tea and hardly tasted a thing.

Tonight, i took my Acacia dose cold, in some grape kool-aid, def. tasted it then but it wasn't at all unpleasent, just tasted a little off.

So i think drinking the Acacia tea dose when it's warm, is probably better taste wise.

I also decided to add in some Citric Acid to preserve it, so i don't know if that did anything to the taste but i guess next i time i'll take it warm in the Lemon Balm tea like i originally did, to see if the Citric Acid had any impact on taste. If the Citric Acid did have an impact on the taste, then maybe next time i won't use any Citric Acid or maybe just a slight pinch, and just freeze it until the night before i'm wanting to dose. With the Citric Acid though, i'm gonna try storing it in the fridge and if i plan on not using it for awhile, then i'll stick it in the freezer.

starway6
#3 Posted : 12/15/2013 12:45:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sabnock wrote:
Btw i should note that i drank the Acacia tea dose, warm, in a warm Lemon Balm tea and hardly tasted a thing.

Tonight, i took my Acacia dose cold, in some grape kool-aid, def. tasted it then but it wasn't at all unpleasent, just tasted a little off.

So i think drinking the Acacia tea dose when it's warm, is probably better taste wise.

I also decided to add in some Citric Acid to preserve it, so i don't know if that did anything to the taste but i guess next i time i'll take it warm in the Lemon Balm tea like i originally did, to see if the Citric Acid had any impact on taste. If the Citric Acid did have an impact on the taste, then maybe next time i won't use any Citric Acid or maybe just a slight pinch, and just freeze it until the night before i'm wanting to dose. With the Citric Acid though, i'm gonna try storing it in the fridge and if i plan on not using it for awhile, then i'll stick it in the freezer.

If you did all this to the AC bark and removed so much stuff from the tea to make it taste better..?
WAs there any DMT left in it...for an experiance?
If so how strong was the experiance ...after removing this stuff from the tea?

Just curious...

Sabnock
#4 Posted : 12/15/2013 4:50:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh yes, it was just as potent as taking the powdered root bark in capsules, at least as far as i can tell.

Btw, i'm never going to use an acid again when making an Acacia tea, it made the tea have a taste, bearable but not tasteless like without the acid. I'm thinking about just adding a little bit of baking soda to up the ph a little to make it neutral. I guess instead of using an acid to preserve it, freezing it until the night before dosing is probably the best thing to do. Any idea on how much baking soda one would add just to neutralize the Citric Acid? I don't have a ph meter so i guess i'll have to just add a little bit at a time.

starway6
#5 Posted : 12/15/2013 11:34:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sabnock wrote:
Oh yes, it was just as potent as taking the powdered root bark in capsules, at least as far as i can tell.

Btw, i'm never going to use an acid again when making an Acacia tea, it made the tea have a taste, bearable but not tasteless like without the acid. I'm thinking about just adding a little bit of baking soda to up the ph a little to make it neutral. I guess instead of using an acid to preserve it, freezing it until the night before dosing is probably the best thing to do. Any idea on how much baking soda one would add just to neutralize the Citric Acid? I don't have a ph meter so i guess i'll have to just add a little bit at a time.

Just as potent..
Thats great!Smile ..Did the experiance feel cleaner compaired to [not].. removing the tannins and other junk?
I need to try the egg white method...!

Sabnock
#6 Posted : 12/16/2013 7:07:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, i guess you can say that, yeah. It def. seemed lighter in/on the body compared to taking the bark in capsules. The only way i can explain it is like if you extract Harmalas from Rue, and take the Harmalas instead of the Rue seed, things seem a lot clearer/cleaner/light in/on the body.

Now i'm gonna try Chaliponga hopefully in a few days, gonna use one egg white in a brew of 50 grams and see if it cuts back on the taste.

Bancopuma
#7 Posted : 12/16/2013 2:54:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^Let us know how that goes! Have some chaliponga and rue all brewed up and ready to go, just need to find an eve, maybe tomorrow. Am also going to try adding lemon balm to my Acacia tea, I look forward to experimenting in the near future...I've drank worse potions than a confusa tea for sure, but it was far from tasteless!

Sabnock
#8 Posted : 12/17/2013 6:54:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah i hope to try the Chaliponga here soon, so when i do i'll be sure to post about it.

As for the Lemon Balm, can't wait to hear if it does something for you. Here lately i've been adding 2 grams of Lemon Balm and one gram of German Chamomile to my Huasca. I feel it stops the stomach issues pretty good, probably because i think the Harmalas tend to potentiate the two herbs. I haven't mixed in the DMT part yet with this combo as i'm waiting for my Chali and Acacia Simplex teas to settle and be filtered and such, but when i do, i think it's gonna be awesome!

I mean, if one can access the Ayahuasca realms without stomach issues/nausea/purging and it's a little calmer and not as scary (due to the anxiolytic effects from the Lemon Balm and German Chamomile)... I think one could go really far with something like that, and while some may feel the purge is necessary, i don't think it is and i like to experiment and explore, and so i shall.

Edit - And speaking of exploring, i went on ahead and smoked some Enhanced Leaf a couple hours after taking 4 grams of Syrian Rue seed in capsules and a tasty Lemon Balm/German Chamomile tea. And i must say, no nausea, no purging, no stomach issues at all really, and plus it was a lot calmer and what used to be intense now seems gentle and blended in real well. And i could be wrong (and it's probably pre-mature to say this this early in experimentation) but i swear it seems the Rue's duration is longer by atleast an hour or two, i wonder why that is but i like it and i think if it holds out to be indeed the case then an extended gentle and purge free Ayahuasca would be very interesting in my eyes.

PowerfulMedicine
#9 Posted : 12/25/2013 9:54:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sabnock wrote:

I imagine that taking the powdered root bark in capsules would not be as potent as brewing. Have you ever done an Acacia confusa brew without the egg white treatment, just a simple brew? And if so, how does it compare to this treatment?

If I am correct that brewing the material makes for more potent effects compared to taking it in capsules, then the brew with this treatment would be losing some potency.
Maay-yo-naze!

Sabnock
#10 Posted : 12/25/2013 8:06:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've never had an Acacia tea without the egg whites. I've tried drinking Mimosa tea many times without egg whites and never not once was able to get it down due to the tannins. The Acacia tea when cooked with egg whites though, seems like something i'll stick with from now on instead of taking capsules of powdered root bark, def. When you take capsules of the powdered root bark, it for sure works and is probably as potent as it will get. However, when taking capsules of powdered root bark, it does irritate the stomach a little (though Mimosa inner root bark never bothered the stomach), and it does cause dry mouth by sucking up moisture in the stomach due to the astringency from the tannins.

Sabnock
#11 Posted : 12/26/2013 4:30:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Update: Finally got around to taking a dose of my Chaliponga tea that i had done the egg white tannin removal on, and used NO acid.... And the result is it's practically TASTELESS, just like the Acacia Confusa tea. Not to mention, it even looked like the Acacia Confusa tea, and has practically the same very, very, very slight taste that the Acacia Confusa tea has.

I'm waiting for everything to kick in currently, but while i'm posting this, the egg white thing has me thinking.... If so far both Acacia Confusa and Chaliponga are very easy to drink, by using the egg white thing, then would it do the same for a Syrian Rue seed or B. Caapi brew? I've already got a Syrian Rue seed brew in the fridge that i did the egg white thing on a week or so ago, but just haven't gotten around to tasting it yet. Though one thing i did notice about it, is that it looks just like the Acacia Confusa and Chaliponga teas, an orangey/red clear/see through color, except the Syrian Rue seed tea has some yellow in the tea you can see...

So if one COULD make an easy to get down Ayahuasca tea, would they? should they? What are others' opinions?

PsilocybeChild
#12 Posted : 1/27/2014 10:05:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not the most experienced with aya but i think powerfulmedicine suggests that tea will be more potent because it's all already extracted into the water. whereas the stomach need not extract the constituents from the bark. with powdered bark the onset and duration will probably be longer but not as intense. and the bark will cause some stomach irritation as you mentioned.

Chaliponga and Acacia is also potent and less material is used than Chacruna and Caapi, which will also help with taste. I wouldn't think the egg whites and especially filtering shouldn't effect potency too much. you could always try one egg instead of 2 but do what works for you.

Lemon balm and German Chamomile should probably mildly influence the experience, having some mildly psychoactive constituents.

Quote:
Melissa officinalis (Lemon balm) is a herbal medicine that has traditionally been attributed with memory-enhancing properties, but which is currently more widely used as a mild sedative and sleep aid. In a previous study it was demonstrated that a commercial Lemon balm extract led to dose-specific increases in calmness, and dose-dependent decrements in timed memory task performance. The cognitive and mood effects of single doses of the most cholinergically active dried leaf were then assessed in a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, balanced crossover study. These results suggest that doses of Lemon balm at or above the maximum employed here can improve cognitive performance and mood and

http://www.raysahelian.com/mood.html

and German Chamomile may also help to relax you. I'm not sure how they would extend the experience in any way beside adding a bit more psychoactivity. german chamomile inhibits certain stomach enzymes, but i don't think they really effect dmt or harmalas too much.

I will be working with Acacia soon.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.