We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Improvised Labware Vapor Bubbler Options

amor_fati
#1 Posted : 4/30/2009 7:02:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

This Summer, SWIM's dedicated to replacing most of his current kit with labware, and while he's at it he's decided to build an improvised lab bubbler. Inspired by the the test tube vaporizer posted by 69ron, this will expand on the idea and hopefully result in the best way to smoke yet developed. It was originally mentioned here: http://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=4103

69ron wrote:
The test tube acts as a vapor chamber to allow the vapor to collect and cool down a little before inhaling it. It also prevents loss of vapor so you get the entire dose. You inhale using a vapor whip.

Notice the glass tubing extending from the stopper down into the test tube. That allows air into the tube when you inhale from the vapor using the vapor whip. You heat up the material using a flame of some sort, then when it boils the vapor collects in the test tube and doesn’t come out of it. It won’t go out the vapor whip or the glass tubing. It stays virtually trapped inside the test tube until you inhale it. It works better than any other method I’ve seen.

amor_fati wrote:
SWIM was thinking that when he finally gets some labglass, he'd like to try the test-tube method posted above by ron, especially when he starts extracting bufo. He'd like to feed a tube from the test-tube to a two hole stopper in a vacuum flask. One hole would be the carb, the second would have a glass tube feeding into it almost all the way to the bottom of the flask. The end of that tube would be submerged in water and a tube would be attached to the vacuum nozzle for inhalation. Has anyone tried this method for spice or bufo?

It may seem cumbersome, but it still require next to no handling of the piece during use; the pressure between the pieces would probably be great enough to avoid significant condensation of product with them.

amor_fati wrote:
When SWIM gets around to building his labware vapor bubbler apparatus, he's probably going to use a butane microburner w/ an adjustable flame, as he could also use it to bend glass tubing...SWIM salivates just thinking about it. He imagines having preloaded doses lined up on a test-tube rack with the perfect distance and flame setting for vaporizing. All he would have to do is change out the tubes for every dose.

Everything necessary for this would cost under $150--small price to pay for efficient administration--and for SWIM, most of the equipment has multiple uses.

There's no reason this shouldn't work flawlessly with DMT, but bufo may be a bit trickier; it's quite soluble in water, so may require water with a higher pH. The base would probably have to be sodium carbonate, as bufo is found to react with many other bases, such as lime.

This idea idea has made SWIM quite anxious and has become somewhat of an obsession, so I'm posting this to get it off his chest a little.

Here's a rough sketch of the plan and a pic of the original inspiration behind it:
amor_fati attached the following image(s):
lab_bubbler.jpg (37kb) downloaded 352 time(s).
Vaporizer.jpg (13kb) downloaded 347 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

69ron
#2 Posted : 4/30/2009 7:47:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has all the parts to assemble that right now, but they are being used for lab work. At some point he's also going to build that exactly as drawn.

You know what's funny? SWIM has almost the exact same drawing he did at work last year, complete with the little arrows showing air flow direction.

SWIM used a water bong to smoke Anadenanthera seeds before and it worked really well for that. I bet this setup works really well even for bufotenine too. I think the immense heat of vaporized bufotenine would not really allow it to stay in the water. It vaporizes at 320 C. That's 295 C hotter than room temperature water, so I think it will pass right through the water with only a small loss to the water even at pH 3. It can easily be tested. Just try 10 mg using the test tube only, and then 10 mg using the water chamber. I know there will be some loss to the side walls just because it's larger when the water chamber is added, but I don't think it will be much.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Attention All Shipping
#3 Posted : 5/3/2009 3:23:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What is the benefit of the water chamber?
It looks to me that it could be done just as well with just the bottom picture - testtube with tubing & flame. Effectively just a testtube version of a lightbulb vapouriser but set in a frame to endure you don't drop it & with a tube for flexibility. I can't see that - for sufficiently pure spice without harsh impurities - the water filter does anything other than loses some of the spice.

Also the use of multiple testtubes with pre-measured doses seems wastefull to me as there'll inevitably be some residue left in them and you'll need to clean them all. Seems better to just use the one testtube and refill it.

smokeydaze
#4 Posted : 5/3/2009 3:43:39 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

oo la la
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

amor_fati
#5 Posted : 5/3/2009 9:58:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Attention All Shipping wrote:
What is the benefit of the water chamber?
It looks to me that it could be done just as well with just the bottom picture - testtube with tubing & flame. Effectively just a testtube version of a lightbulb vapouriser but set in a frame to endure you don't drop it & with a tube for flexibility. I can't see that - for sufficiently pure spice without harsh impurities - the water filter does anything other than loses some of the spice.

A common misconception of the use of bubblers for spice. The water does not filter, it acts as a heat sink. Hot vapor is quite harsh. SWIM's spice is always quite pure, the only thing that makes it harsh is if it's too hot or if it's burnt. The loss of spice is completely negligible, and the benefit of cooling far outweighs the risk of loss. If SWIY's worried, save the water and extract from it.

Attention All Shipping wrote:
Also the use of multiple testtubes with pre-measured doses seems wastefull to me as there'll inevitably be some residue left in them and you'll need to clean them all. Seems better to just use the one testtube and refill it.

This would be for multiple people. Test-tubes are cheap. The same acetone could be used to wash each test-tube.

Attention All Shipping
#6 Posted : 5/4/2009 4:15:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok, I didn't know it was the heat that made it harsh. Sounds like it could work, though it seems like a lot of hassle to me. Still if you see a benefit in making it best of luck.

69ron
#7 Posted : 5/4/2009 6:09:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hassle? It looks like fun to meSmile
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

amor_fati
#8 Posted : 5/4/2009 7:14:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM's smoked spice in many ways and is well aware of the many other ways in which he hasn't. Apart from acquiring the equipment (which is desirable regardless), there would be realtively no hassle whatsoever for SWIM. Set it up, load test-tubes, get the flame to the right strength, inhale through tube and carb after filling the chamber, and exchange test-tubes between doses by disengaging the used tube from the stopper and replacing it. No messing around with lighters or handling glass pieces while smoking or having to weigh after every dose, less risk of spilling spice, no worries about burning, easy to clean, and aesthetically pleasing.

amor_fati
#9 Posted : 5/4/2009 7:25:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's an inspirational setup:

Not quite sure how something like this would work for SWIM's purposes, but it's interesting to ponder the possibilities.

69ron posted this useful piece at another forum:

Very useful since two-hole stoppers may be difficult to come by for smaller test-tubes.

amor_fati
#10 Posted : 5/4/2009 7:41:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's a question though: What type of tubing would be best to use with this? SWIM would assume vinyl, but perhaps there's a better choice?

amor_fati
#11 Posted : 7/19/2009 4:46:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM's got a prototype up and running. It only has a single hole in the stopper with a single glass tube which isn't long enough, so it's extended with a piece of latex tubing. The side nozzle is also outfitted with latex tubing for inhalation. It's essentially a pull stem design, as the bowl is one of these bad boys: http://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=1818 relying solely on glass to glass contact. The device is outfitted with a rubber gasket toward the base which usually allows it to be used as a bowl in a standard bong bubbler, but in this case it provides a grip for the user to safely carb.

The only problem at the moment is efficient heating of the device. SWIM had great success with most of the tokes, but then he got overzealous and started burning product later on. He was using a normal lighter for this. Some solutions may be found here: http://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=5298

SWIM's well on his way to bringing the dream to full realization.

amor_fati
#12 Posted : 7/20/2009 11:01:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can we move this to methods of administration?

kungpow
#13 Posted : 7/21/2009 7:45:41 PM

Brandon

dang this does seem like a nice idea. This weekend at camp bisco mattimus brought his amazing 640 dollar bong. He had a bubbler attachment that he put on this bong that had the metal mesh in it. We would load the bowl up and toke away. It worked so awesome.

I would suggest making a diffuser for you setup here. Just something that you stick on the end of the tube that runs down into the water that has a bunch of little holes in it. This would make the air bubbles containing your dmt vapor a lot smaller, which will let it cool down a lot quicker.

Nime
#14 Posted : 7/26/2009 11:48:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, i created a new thread in the "methods of administration" are with a bunch of new material regarding this topic.

Here is the link! Enjoy!

Improvised Labware Vapor Bubbler (continued)

I would like to make it be known that I do not actually put what I write on this website or any place into practice in the real world. I like to live a life of fantasy on the internet where I ask questions and give answers.

amor_fati
#15 Posted : 7/28/2009 3:15:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's some photos of the prototype.

Notice also an enhanced version of my old dropper-stem machine design. This one's with a longer and slightly wider disposable glass pipette. The nozzle was originally much longer, but it's broken off with the sharp edges melted by a butane torch to be rounded off for safety. The black ring near the stem, as I've mentioned before, is a gasket with some sort of plumbing application, and it serves two purposes: To provide a safe grip for the user and to create a seal when used with wider bubbler stems. The tiny funnel behind it provides a handy way to load.
amor_fati attached the following image(s):
pipe3.JPG (47kb) downloaded 165 time(s).
pipe4.JPG (45kb) downloaded 166 time(s).
pipe5.JPG (40kb) downloaded 164 time(s).
pipe6.JPG (55kb) downloaded 162 time(s).