We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
MJ, Dreams & Spice of Life. Options

f1
#1 Posted : 1/22/2014 2:43:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This past summer I went too fast with spice, this fall/winter I possibly went too chronic with MJ. I developed dark circles under my eyes & had only a few dreams in 3-4 months. (popular on google to say MJ takes away your dreams, messes with your dream states)

I am now in another country and have not sought out MJ, my dark circles are deceasing and I dream nightly..

I feel that sleeping is likely much weirder than we give it credit for, possible nightly hyperspace visits?

I think that I was possibly to chronic to A. take a break on the dream world, B. ease my overwhelming feeling of my many visits to hyperspace and its impact on my ego.

I am very curious on this communities thoughts/feelings regarding this subject.

Love and Gratitude Thumbs up

In the dance of astral hyperspace, we learn, grow, and connect. Here's to our shared journey through the cosmic tapestry! ✨🌌

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

3rdI
#2 Posted : 1/22/2014 3:15:50 PM

veni, vidi, spici

weed always takes away my dreams, when I stop smoking my dreams go turbo for a few weeks before settling down to normal. I also find I need less sleep when im not smoking which I presume is due to the sleep I get being of better quality, I downloaded one of those sleep tracker apps and found that I was getting 50% more quality sleep when not high (while not that accurate as an app they are fun to use.)

I cant say I've ever had dreams that were like the DMT space but if I take 5HTP my dreams become very, very strange and lucid. Its an interesting effect but I cant do it for very long as I don't get enough rest when the 5htp dreams are about.

there was a tale by Hyperspace fool about a multiple awakening from a dream state that was quite interesting if you can dig it out.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

f1
#3 Posted : 1/22/2014 3:20:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
I cant say I've ever had dreams that were like the DMT space

Haven't had them? or can't recall them.. Twisted Evil
In the dance of astral hyperspace, we learn, grow, and connect. Here's to our shared journey through the cosmic tapestry! ✨🌌

3rdI
#4 Posted : 1/22/2014 3:21:23 PM

veni, vidi, spici

haven't had themRazz , I don't think DMT has anything to do with dreaming.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

DoingKermit
#5 Posted : 1/22/2014 4:06:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:

I agree.

I also find my dreams go into overdrive after a break from MJ smoking. I usually have "flying dreams" during this period too.

Astaroth
#6 Posted : 1/22/2014 5:24:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:

Well, the only time I've had a weird/psychodelic dream was a few nights ago when I was in my room and suddenly became lucid and started flying. After that space collapsed and a 4 dimensional room formed around me with a lot of colors.
I think dreams can show you weird stuff too, but they need something to be based of, just my opinion.
“The urge to transcend self-conscious selfhood is, as I have said, a principal appetite of the soul.”

Nathanial.Dread
#7 Posted : 1/22/2014 8:37:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

THC suppresses REM activity while it is present in the bloodstream, and after regular THC use is discontinued, a rebound effect (which extra REM) is observed, which pretty adequately explains the dreaming phenomena.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Cosmic Spore
#8 Posted : 8/8/2014 2:38:50 AM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

I realize this post is too long, and may not be read at all.

Today is the 32nd day that I have not used Cannabis, after a heavy, daily use period that lasted 5 or 6 years. In the last week, I have been remembering my dreams more (which I didn't really believe would occur, because I sometimes remembered my dreams anyway when I was smoking all the time), and the dreams have been bad consistently.
A possible explanation for these bad dreams is my excessive loneliness, and a real need of a good job.

8/5/2014, I dreamed that I met a female and we were getting along well; we seem to have bonded very well. I don't know how long we were supposedly together, but we've become very close by the end of the dream. It took a very dark turn when we were riding together in my car; for some reason we stopped the car and there was a person brandishing a sword, and I happened to have not brought my pistol. While I was defending us against this person, my girlfriend had remained in the stopped car; the only item near me happen to be a rock, which I used as a weapon, and then continue with my hands and feet, while the other person kept the sword. Just when it seemed like I had won, a second person joined in against me; this person was brandishing two sais. At the time that I neutralized this person, I suddenly realized that the person who had the sword was no longer there, but had made their way to my new girlfriend; I rushed as quickly as possible to her defense, but was not fast enough. He had plunged the sword through her neck while I was running toward them; by the time I made it to the car, he had virtually decapitated her with the sword, inside my car, and I was unable to prevent this, or to save her. When I realized she was dead, and there was nothing I could do (as I looked into her lifeless face) I suddenly awoke.

8/6/2014 (last night), two separate bad dreams:

dream #1 - I'm walking on the beach with my (real life) ex-girlfriend, and her new boyfriend is there with us; for some reason she is in a relationship with both of us, and he suspects it, but is unsure. At some point, we enter the water; we are having a great time swimming, until I see a shark coming right for us. We somehow outswim the shark and get to the beach, while a random person gets eaten by that shark. Once at the beach, we spot what appears to be a stone temple, and decide to go be alone inside the temple (the three of us). After entering the temple, and starting down some wooden stairs, I recognize the temple from a previous dream many years ago; I recognize the temple as being infested with 80s-movie-style vampires that had killed me the last time I dreamed of that stone temple. Upon realizing what is about to occur, I try to warn them as I begin going back up the stairs (I'm last in line going down the stairs); both my (real life) ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend are killed by those 80s-movie-style vampires. I don't remember what happened to me, as I'm suddenly transferred into bad dream #2.

dream #2 - I'm at home, outside; my family is there. Suddenly, a beautiful yet malicious female figure is there; she levitates into the air, and from her palm, she sends an energy blast that kills my sister. Immediately, I pull & aim a .22 pocket revolver; shoot her in the face. Her face quickly heals; she morphs into a grey squirrel and runs out of range of the pocket revolver. We quickly entered the house and gathered things to leave immediately. While driving out of the driveway, we got to a bridge, where a tsunami hits the car head on; we somehow survive, but the car doesn't work now. Before I can exit the vehicle, I see the malicious being right outside the car door closest to me; again I use the pocket revolver to shoot it in the face & again her face heals immediately. At this time, I also have a 12 gauge shotgun that I decide would be better to use. I exited the vehicle; I see that the bridge is out and we must swim, but before we start swimming, I see a human-type figure hiding in the forest close to the car that I presume is the morphing malicious super-being (even though it appears as my ex-girlfriends younger sister). Since I assume it is the entity, I use the 12 gauge to shoot it where I can (in the back). She falls dead, and does not change from the appearance of my ex-gf's sister; I realize I have made a terrible mistake, but begin hiding her body. At this time, I notice my ex-gf and her older sister are on the other side of that destroyed bridge and are looking for their younger sister, which I had just made the mistake of shooting. Upon realizing the intensity of the situation, and because of real-life noises, I wake up.

I may edit this post to list more of these dreams if they continue to occur, since this seems to be the best thread to place them: dealing with "[lack of] MJ and dreams". In this post Bancopuma says:
Bancopuma wrote:
In parts of my life when I was under a lot of stress I had dreams about huge tsunamis coming to get me. I always survived though, by either meeting them head on (in a vehicle) or me standing my ground them fizzling out before them getting to me. I was always pretty skeptical of dream symbolism as it seems like it is too personal and subjective an experience for such extrapolations, but lots of water and large waves can apparently equate to emotional overload, which certainly could describe my states of mind at those times.
That makes sense, because I dreamed of a tsunami (which I survived by being in a car); I feel like I'm overloaded with emotional stress of being lonely and needing a good job; waiting to hear back after an interview with the highest paying company near me.

werd
#9 Posted : 8/8/2014 4:58:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

darklordsson
#10 Posted : 8/8/2014 5:03:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
THC suppresses REM activity while it is present in the bloodstream, and after regular THC use is discontinued, a rebound effect (which extra REM) is observed, which pretty adequately explains the dreaming phenomena.

Blessings
~ND

I would love to have a source on this ND, as I too also thought that it deprived vital sleep functions on a day to day ( night to night) function.

Would love to see it, as too I am a cannabis smoker,

Peace ---dls---

anrchy
#11 Posted : 8/8/2014 6:43:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

darklordsson wrote:
Nathanial.Dread wrote:

Blessings
~ND

I would love to have a source on this ND, as I too also thought that it deprived vital sleep functions on a day to day ( night to night) function.

Would love to see it, as too I am a cannabis smoker,

Peace ---dls---

Its funny cause pot has the opposite effect with me. I rarely smoke anymore, and when i did it didnt effect my dreams. Now when i smoke, at night, i can actually recall my dreams better. Not sure what is wrong with my body chemistry.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

divine_sage
#12 Posted : 8/8/2014 6:06:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I can rarely remember my dreams, even before I started MJ use at all (which was as an adult).

MJ seems to help me sleep a LOT better and feel a LOT more rested. I think it's due to my anxiety. Also, I wake up early for work, but am generally a night owl, so it helps me fall asleep at the right time.

I think that a lot of people experience different things in this area.