We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Moldahuasca Options

nexalizer
#1 Posted : 11/6/2013 2:46:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Would it be safe to drink a tea that's been refrigerated for several weeks now when it has developed mold?

As in, would adding some more water, let it boil for at least 20 minutes, lower it to simmer and let it reduce again, get rid of the nefarious microorganisms?

This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

cyb
#2 Posted : 11/6/2013 2:51:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

This may help
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

brokenChild
#3 Posted : 11/6/2013 2:51:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what color mold?

endlessness
#4 Posted : 11/6/2013 3:13:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The thing is, we cannot know what mold and what possible mycotoxins are there... As I wrote in the other thread, I did extract from moldy cact and drank from a brew made with previously moldy vine, but in the first case I analysed it afterwards and it was clean, and in the second case I cleaned it up and scraped the mold off before brewing.

If you have the mold on the brew itself, thats a bit different. Heat and all of that may kill the fungus, but maybe mycotoxins could still be there? Who knows..

I`d either extract it or I`d toss it, in your case. If I extracted, I`d first remove the mold manually, filter the brew, and then extract. I`d try to run some tests if possible, or in the worse case, I`d only consume the extract by doing allergy tests with small amounts and raising it gradually in next sessions.

Hopefully its not a very concentrated/large brew....

Proceed at your own risk Smile

Ufostrahlen
#5 Posted : 11/6/2013 6:14:36 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Would it be safe to eat a bread that's been refrigerated for several weeks now when it has developed mold?

Confused
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

nexalizer
#6 Posted : 11/6/2013 10:55:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all the replies. I didn't think about mycotoxins that might be there and won't be destroyed by boiling, and so it seems safer to just discard it.
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

MomentOfTruth
#7 Posted : 1/16/2014 9:15:35 PM

Astro-Travellin

i just tossed a 75g moldahuasca brew. Any idea's on preventing mold? Freeze it? I had mine in a container that was only sealed by aluminum foil on top. It was careless, disrespectful, and a total waste. Lesson learned.

The weirdest part though is when i pulled it out to check on it i tilted the container and there was this big long finger of either sidement or alkaloids protruding off the inside of the container and pointing down and into the center of the liquid. It was about as big around and as long as my pinky finger and was attached at the base to the inside of the container.

Pretty weird!
Coinci-Transcendentalism