We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
mescaline and licorice root Options

fractal rider
#1 Posted : 4/30/2009 5:17:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swin was reading some info and foundo that licorice root can make the mescaline experience more intense it is said that can be quite effective with this and i was wondering if someone has tried this???
om namah shivaya

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 4/30/2009 5:24:45 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Hmm... I've never heard that.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 4/30/2009 5:28:01 PM

The Great Namah

1 teaspoon of Piracetam taken 2x daily and Melatonin 10mgs taken nightly, both for a week prior to the mescaline experience has worked wonderfully for me. The recovery time from an all night mescaline experience is greatly shortened by using Piracetam.

My wife and I have both tried each of these seperately and then combined. Combined produces greater euphoria and overall potentiates the experience much more than either method used seperately.

I have never had any luck using licorice root for potentiating mescaline. Both my wife and I have tried, both by making a tea out of it and also chewing large amounts of the root daily and right before taking mescaline. No noticable results were noted.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

fractal rider
#4 Posted : 4/30/2009 5:52:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

in pycaeum talks abou licorice this is what they say ...

Licorice Root - There is evidence that mescaline can be potentiated by drinking a tea made from licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra). 2 to 3 cups of strong tea are brewed and consumed at the start of or at the waning stages of the trip. It is said to increase the intensity of the experience by up to 3 times. This tea may contain MAOI's, so caution is advised
om namah shivaya

69ron
#5 Posted : 4/30/2009 6:40:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've wondered about that too. I love licorice.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 4/30/2009 7:34:39 PM

The Great Namah

fractal rider wrote:
It is said to increase the intensity of the experience by up to 3 times.

This is way too high. If it potentiates mescaline AT ALL it is only mildly. At least with the few trials that my wife and I did with mescaline and licorice root/tea.
The Spice extends life
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

'Coatl
#7 Posted : 5/1/2009 3:47:41 PM

Teotzlcoatl

You know I think I do remember hearing about this now... it was on Erowid wasn't it? Sounds like a myth to me!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

acolon_5
#8 Posted : 5/1/2009 4:05:26 PM

The Great Namah

Yeah, its on a couple of sites. I read the same thing and gave it a try. I don't know about any MAOI activity... I've used rue and Pedro before with so-so results.

I chalk it up to some guys who had a really potent cactus and coincidently drank some liquorish tea to calm their stomachs and poof! "Wow this is strong stuff, the licorice tea musta potentiated the mescaline man!"

Dunno, but that's what I saw in my head after trying it.
The Spice extends life