We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Cacti identification Options

Gardener
#21 Posted : 1/13/2009 9:58:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

They're Lophophora williamsii plants. Sure. But they were pretty expensive, as I see... Their "normal" price should be the half or less of that 11 euros.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

'Coatl
#22 Posted : 1/14/2009 4:20:57 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Well here in the U.S.A. they go for like $30 a button! So...

I think that's a pretty good price!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

The Traveler
#23 Posted : 1/14/2009 6:52:39 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Thanks for the identification.

And yes, I found a dutch supplier who sells them for about 40,- EURO per TEN pieces and they are also of flowering age.

Gardener
#24 Posted : 1/14/2009 11:23:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I tought L. williamsii is illegal in the USA... except for the members of the NAC... Well, in Middle East Europe, this price counts as expensive. I can buy 4-5 cm diameter flovering plants for 2-4 euros here.

'Coatl
#25 Posted : 1/14/2009 7:08:06 PM

Teotzlcoatl

He's in Europe and I'm a Native American and Peyote Church member.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

The Traveler
#26 Posted : 4/30/2009 4:40:04 PM

"No, seriously"

Hello cacti lovers.

One of the cacti I bought a few months back has started flowering. Maybe we now finalize the identification of this cactus for good?

p.s. It is really beautiful to see it flower. As soon as the sun start shining the flower opens and when it gets colder it closes again, you can actually see it opening and closing very slowly.

The Traveler attached the following image(s):
c1.jpg (337kb) downloaded 38 time(s).
c2.jpg (313kb) downloaded 39 time(s).

970Codfert
#27 Posted : 4/30/2009 4:50:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What a pretty cactus!
All posts are fictional.

'Coatl
#28 Posted : 5/1/2009 4:43:10 AM

Teotzlcoatl

How beautiful!

I am inclined to say this cactus is Lophophora williamsii or Lophophora williamsii var. decipens or Lophophora decipiens ,but there is no way to really know for sure without DNA testing. It's differently in the williamsii aggerate tho!

Isn't it wonderful growing cacti?

The Traveler
#29 Posted : 5/1/2009 11:31:41 AM

"No, seriously"

How beautiful indeed,

And good to hear that it's definitely williamsii.

'Coatl
#30 Posted : 5/1/2009 3:30:47 PM

Teotzlcoatl

The rib pattern is what had me confused.... they are not the typical williamsii rib pattern, that why I said it may be Lophophora williamsii var. decipens or Lophophora decipiens.

However I can say for certain that it is in the williamsii aggerate.

PREV12