We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"Machine" questions Options

appelseen
#1 Posted : 3/5/2009 9:45:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM decided to make "The Machine". Here where he lives (little down from North Pole) there are no Brillo or Choreboy, there are some soapy steelsponges, but these are made of very thin wire. SWIM however managed to locate some steel scrubbers that look much like those in DMT Handbook, so he decided to work with those.

SWIM wondered if the steel was galvanized, coated with zinc or something.
He torched the steel wire ball all over with a butane torch and did not see any smoke.

So he stuffed some of the torched steelmesh into the neck of the bottle and warming the mesh with standard bic lighter, inhaled a bit, just to get a taste. There was a taste, rather unpleasant one. And sure enough, when he took a better look, now there WAS smoke, dirty sooty smoke coming from where the bic lighter came in contact with the steel.

What should SWIM do? He would really like to use the Machine, but he would also like to save his poor lungs. Forget about the Machine, or is he safe as long as the light is not in direct contact with the mesh? Or should he use butane ligther?

He would really appreciate some thoughts from you guys and gals.

PLEASE NOTE: Contents of this post belong to an ongoing hypermedia performance project that spans across different media, including Internet message boards. All incidents, situations, institutions, governments and people are fictional and any similarity, without satiric intent, of characters or person s living or dead, is strictly coincidental.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

mugwump77
#2 Posted : 3/5/2009 10:39:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pull the wool out with needle nose pliers, rinse in with water (just in case) and then re-burn. you may have missed a spot.

side note: i know when my grandma burned her SW there was always a little bit of smoke, but it was a teeny bit, and caused no harm to her lungs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxfODAGWjW4

Advertising is tax deductible, so we all pay for the privilege of being manipulated and controlled.
-Noam Chomsky

Do you think that the amoeba ever dreamed that it would evolve into the frog? Of course it didn't. And when that first frog shimmied out of the water and employed its vocal cords in order to attract a mate or to retard a predator, do you think that that frog ever imagined that that incipient croak would evolve into all the languages of the world, into all the literature of the world? Of course it fucking didn't. And just as that froggy could never possibly have conceived of Shakespeare, so we can never possibly imagine our destiny.
-Naked (1993)

DarkShaman
#3 Posted : 3/5/2009 11:49:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeeuh son! If you own a butane torch/lighter then preparing your screen shouldn't be a prob. Torch the hell out of it, like make it red-RED hot all over, cool, and retry.

appelseen
#4 Posted : 3/6/2009 7:28:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM found out that darned Bic Lighter gives off smoke and soot whenever the flame touches any kind of metal, so it is better not to use that at all.

As for the steel wool, SWIM soaked it thoroughly with acetone, then ignited - whump!... then final torch treatment. So I guess that's SWIM is now welcome... to the Machine!
PLEASE NOTE: Contents of this post belong to an ongoing hypermedia performance project that spans across different media, including Internet message boards. All incidents, situations, institutions, governments and people are fictional and any similarity, without satiric intent, of characters or person s living or dead, is strictly coincidental.

MalargueZiggy
#5 Posted : 4/16/2009 4:03:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend uses a pretty average size machine quite happily.

His question is this; do you guys reckon a 28ml would be too small? Something like this: http://www.goodnessdirec...of_Peppermint__28ml.html

He was going to make it for ease of concealment.

Basically, what effect does size have on the machine? Is it only harshness of smoke?
"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

islandhome
#6 Posted : 5/1/2009 4:32:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes i use a 750 ml bottle
soo smooth you cant fell the smoke all most
You'd better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace. It's unpleasantly like being drunk."

"What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"

"You ask a glass of water."

Douglas Adams