We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Iboga Microdosing Guide Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 12/27/2013 11:48:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi y'all, this is a guide for microdosing with iboga that I helped compile with the guy who runs Reset.nu, I thought it may be of interest to some. Was made with TA tincture in mind but also applies to the root bark as is. Microdosing is an accessible and low cost way of working with iboga safely and in a controlled manner for those that are curious and wish to work with the plant, and done this way it can be easily integrated into day to day life. It may also be wise for anyone contemplating a flood session with iboga to consider microdosing with the plant prior to this.

An iboga treatment provider told me that 500mg of root bark taken every four days works well as an anti-addiction treatment and antidepressant, and this can be taken in a '00' capsule for convenient dosing. Doses much lower than this will be effective, as the effects are cumulative. It is important to taste a tiny pinch of the root bark, so all your senses are able to experience the plant. It is important to set intent and state a positive affirmation on ingesting the root bark, and this is discussed below. This affirmation, in whatever form iboga comes in, is a vital part of the treatment not to be neglected.

Iboga (Tabernanthe iboga)

Iboga is an evergreen, flowering shrub, native to the rain forests of western Central Africa. The plant prefers well composted, well drained soils in a protected, partly shady position. Under the right conditions it can grow up to a height of 10 meters. The stem is erect and branching, its leaves are dark green, its flowers white to pink or yellowish, its fruits are orange and oval shaped. The magic of the iboga is to be found in the root bark, home to the powerful teacher that lingers in this extraordinary plant.

Historical Origin of Iboga Rites

For many generations, the iboga plant has played an important role for practitioners of the indigenous Bwiti religion in Central Africa. The Bwiti initiation rite to obtain spiritual maturity consists of the ingestion of a very strong dose of iboga, followed by an intense, mind-altering experience. Lower doses are taken during weekly ceremonies, as collective religious fervour, a moment for intense love and mutual understanding, while fuelling dancing and drumming late into the night. Through the iboga plant, the Bwitists feel that they strengthen their connection with the divine realm and experience a deep understanding for the cycle of life, death, and rebirth.

Bwiti is considered by its members as a universal religion, accessible to anyone who approaches it with respect and humility. Among the Bwitists, there is a widespread hope that one day the Bwiti and its iboga rituals will become known at the very core of western culture. A noble thought...

Iboga Therapy in Drug Rehabilitation

Over the past decades, iboga treatment indeed found its way into western practices. Professionally guided, intense therapy with iboga has proven to be extremely successful in curing drug addictions. Recent studies have shown that iboga reduces dopamine concentrations in the body, hereby reducing the affects of certain abusive and highly addictive drugs. The plant will have to undergo more clinical research in order to become an officially registered medicament, but so far the results have been promising.

Iboga as a Way to Personal Liberation / Freedom of the Soul

Iboga can play a powerful curative role but not only for drug addicts. Rooted in unpleasant past experiences and subsequent negative emotions, many of us are in one way or another caught up in patterns of thought and behaviour which limit us in our freedom. Those patterns are quite similar to addictions: despite their harmful character, we deceive ourselves into believing that they provide us a shortcut to comfort.

Iboga digs down into the depths of our mind. It will surface what is hidden and treasured, that what shapes us and keeps us in shape. Iboga can help any one of us to eliminate self-induced oppression, accelerate personal growth, and bring more joy to life.

Master Your Mind

Our environment nowadays demands us to operate on mind-based logic, it feels like there is very little space left to follow our hearts. Through the uncontrollable production of all kinds of thoughts, your mind is constantly influencing your behaviour. Don’t believe everything you think! The mind can be a useful practical tool, but should not be your guide.

The problem is that your mind feeds on old emotions and outdated information, thereby distracting your soul from its presence in the happenings of the now. The very Now is always New and should be experienced in total openness, allowing any new impulse to freely flow into your perception. You can be freed from your mind if you become aware of this dichotomy. Ask yourself: Who is this making me behave or react like this? Am I not free to have a new challenge and emotion in every new situation? Why should I be a slave to my thoughts, my preferences, my likes and dislikes, my... You, you are free!

Letting in the Spirit of Iboga

One possibility to let the spirit of iboga in is to take what is considered a full dose. The journey that follows is not a journey for the faint at heart. Though there are a number of guidelines which can be followed to minimize any risks, the experience will not be of an easy nature.

A more gentle way of communicating with the spirit of the iboga plant is to take in much lower doses. If used in the right way, tiny amounts of this powerful plant are sufficient to regain control over one’s thoughts and actions. I discovered a new technique for self-treatment with Iboga tincture, which will be explained further in this guideline. The experience of myself and others have taught me that treatment with no more than a few drops a day can be surprisingly effective.

The Iboga TA 1:50 Tincture

This tincture holds the essence of the iboga plant. Firstly, the root bark of the iboga is extracted into its purest form, being the combined Iboga alkaloids, while keeping the full spectrum of the plant uncompromised. Afterwards, the extract is dissolved in pure alcohol. The tincture that results from this technique is so strong that one drop suffices as one therapeutic dose.

A drop of iboga tincture contains 0.58 milligram of iboga TPA extract. This is the highest possible concentration pure alcohol can contain. The alcohol instantly carries the iboga extract into the bloodstream and the nervous system. One drop, entirely saturated with the iboga alkaloids, contains all of the plant’s properties, its spirit, its voice, and its vibration. This one single drop is your gateway to communication with the iboga spirit. However, to treat yourself successfully it takes a bit more.

The Properties of the Ibogaine

The special characteristic of ibogaine (after being converted to noribogaine, by the liver) is that it occupies the receptors which are urging you into the repetition of a behavioural pattern or addiction. That is what makes it effective even in the most serious cases of drug addiction. Most addicts are cured within a day or four, without any withdrawal symptoms and with little chance for relapse.

With the micro dosage therapy it is possible to send the tiny bit of ibogaine that is captured in one drop of the tincture to exactly that receptor which is responsible for the thoughts and behavioural patterns that are keeping you in their grip. This method works most efficiently if you use the strength of your spirit to guide the healing to the right place. By expressing a powerful affirmation or intent at the very moment the iboga enters your senses and nervous system, your voice carries the iboga and you give directions to the plant teacher via your intent. This technique is a combination of Neuro-Linguistic Programming and iboga therapy, between a very accessible, holistic approach to psychotherapy and the most powerful healing plant in the world.

Implications for Usage

With this self-treatment, you will pinpoint and reset one behavioural pattern or addiction at a time. Before you start with the drops, it is very important first to unravel your problem. Look into to the root of the addictive patterns in your thoughts and behaviour. Search for old emotions that have become embedded in your system along the way. It will take some time and practice to get deep enough and find the naked truth under the surface of your behaviour. Once you found the root, or the soil in which your habits are rooted, you are ready to formulate your intention in the form of a positive affirmation.

This affirmation must be exactly the opposite of what you discovered to be the root of your addictions. For example, if you discovered your base problem to be "I feel lonely", a possible affirmation could be "I am complete". An affirmation should not contain "I wish" or "I will" and it should not contain a "not". It should not affirm your current state.

Once you are sure you have located a troublesome emotion and its opposite positive affirmation, stand in front of a mirror and take a single drop under the tongue. Let the bitter, woody taste fully enter your senses and welcome the spirit into your being to do its healing. Do not wash down the drop with water, experiencing the bitterness is an integral part of the healing. Your senses will be immersed with bitterness while you say ‘yes’ to the spirit. Then, look yourself in the eyes, hold one hand on your throat, and express your intention. Firmly, use your voice and feel the vibration come back into your body while you see, hear, and feel yourself speak. The iboga travels into your nervous system, healing exactly the place you point it to.

Imagine the plant teacher simply closing the door to the old, hindering emotion. Remember, the mind has the tendency to make you believe in twisted versions of reality. Those mind-made lies are based on experiences from the past. While speaking your intention out loud, your voice overwrites the lie your mind has been misleading you with. While the thoughts your mind produces are constructed out of the past, the sound of your voice comes from and into the very Now. Sound is so much louder than thoughts. Feel the liberation from your past and the beauty of the Now.

Potentiating and manifesting

Other than this described technique to reset negative behavioural patterns, the tincture can also be used to connect and reconnect to the positive and bring good things in your life. Nothing is more powerful than ones intent he vibration you set before you start your day will definitely impact it.

Start your day in front of the mirror and set the positive vibe. You will experience the result all day. Where your mind would be constantly judging any situation and loop you into its trap of doubt or insecurity, your affirmation has already overwritten all negativity. My favourite affirmation for the day is: “Everything is good”. With this I have already decided that whatever comes that day has my full acceptance and approval, be it good or bad, I am in peace with the day. EVERYTHING is good. No mind-based misconception can go around that.

Examples of positive affirmations

I am complete
Everything is good
I am love
I am my self
Everything is light
I am happy
This day is perfect
I choose
My body is healing itself
Life is generous
I can do it
I am free
I am

Reset the Robot

Through your voice, your intention vibrates outwards into the entire universe. It becomes imprinted in the totality of the whole and resonates back to you. The iboga travels with your intention to exactly those receptors that were urging you to fall in repetition of the pattern you want to be freed from. Your intention or positive affirmation will keep those receptors occupied. You are healing yourself, you are no longer caught up in a loop of oppressive or destructive thoughts. You reset the robot inside you, the robot that defines the boundaries of how you think and behave, fed by emotions from the past, negative ideas of others, or media induced images of reality.

After a week’s time, you start to notice the freedom you have gained. You find the willpower to unplug from previous conceptions and discover you are free to make your own decisions. You find fresh soil for the roots of your being to extract new energy from and sunlight to grow towards your full potential.

When eliminating your old habits, it is very possible that other negative patterns come to the surface. After you feel like you have completely cured the problem you were focusing on, you can repeat the treatment with a new intention. This revolutionary technique allows you to work slowly and focus at one problem at a time. In the end, the tincture gives you the potential to surface all that needs to be dealt with and heal all that limits the freedom of your soul.

Warnings

Without an affirmation, the treatment is ineffective. If not used properly, with the wrong intentions, ingestion of the tincture may even cause damage. Make sure you spend enough time to dig into the soil of your emotions and find the roots of your behaviour. Don’t worry, you do not need to be a psychologist to get to these depths. All the knowledge you need lies inside yourself.

Iboga accumulates in the body. It remains in the body for more than 4 weeks. This means that all the drops you take within 5 weeks will accumulate and remain in the body until they slowly wear off. If the dose you take exceeds 10 drops a day, physical and psychological effects, and perhaps even disorientation and ‘trippy’ effects can occur. Be aware of that some people respond highly sensitively to a few drops only. It is important to listen to the signs of your body at all times and adjust your dosage accordingly. Do not take the iboga tincture before going to sleep. The plant gives you energy and might cause insomnia.

During the period you treat yourself with iboga, it is advised not to use any drugs and keep stimulants such as coffee to a minimum, as well as smoking tobacco or certain herbs. Your receptors will become very sensitive and you may have an unexpectedly strong reaction to them. Also, it is strongly discouraged to combine the healing of iboga with ayahuasca or other visionary or hallucinogenic substances. Lastly, iboga should never be combined with anti-depressant medication such as SSRI's, such a combination would be very dangerous.

Links

http://www.reset.nu

Forums

Forums such as Eboka are essential in this field. Many people who gather in these forums are undergoing the very same process or are interested in doing so. It is an easy and discrete way to get in touch with like-minded people worldwide.

Please visit the forum and join the discussions. Among other things, this tincture and its usage are discussed here and it is very beneficial for anyone to share your own experiences and read about those of others.

http://www.eboka.info/
http://herbtalk.info/forums/index.php

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Vodsel
#2 Posted : 12/28/2013 12:05:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

Many thanks for sharing.

Timely for me, since I have been considering iboga microdosing to kill tobacco addiction for good... and time's running out, I promised myself I'd fully quit before I turned forty.

(and please double check the herbtalk link, there appears to be some characters missing and it returns 404)

Bancopuma
#3 Posted : 12/28/2013 12:18:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey dude, no worries at all. Thanks for pointing out that link, have fixed it. All the best with breaking your tobacco addiction, seems like it's a tough one to break, but it seems iboga could well be an ally here. Assuming you've heard of the pilot study using psilocybin for smoking cessation at John Hopkins?? The sample size so far is very small but the results are very encouraging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHc60goAxv8

http://www.hopkinsmedici...king_short_flyer0312.pdf

Creo
#4 Posted : 12/28/2013 12:27:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This robot would like to reset itself Smile

I've been thinking about iboga for a while now and the tincture seems like a really easy route of administration. Just a couple of questions:

I understand that the tincture contains 20mg TPA per ml, but how many drops are there per ml?

How many drops should you take per day to see an effect?

Bancopuma
#5 Posted : 12/28/2013 1:24:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think there are around 20 drops per ml. The TA tincture seems to be a particularly, almost mysteriously efficient way of ingesting on the alkaloids in my experience. One drop taken daily on the tongue will yield effects as the alkaloids build up in one's system over time and the effects are highly cumulative. If one wants to use more, three drops a day would be a good level I think, separated by an hour per dosing. Your body will let you know if and when you've had enough, and the iboga will remain present in one's system for some time.

Creo
#6 Posted : 12/28/2013 12:00:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One drop seems awfully low - I think you might have just invented psychedelic homeopathy! Seriously though, I'm not sure it's possible to distinguish real effects from placebo at that dosage.

But this thread has certainly given me the impetus to finally begin experimenting with iboga. And like you say, there's no harm in starting with one drop and increasing if need be, since the iboga stays in your system for a while and even the effects of those single drops will accumulate over time.

Bancopuma
#7 Posted : 12/28/2013 12:20:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ha I know man, I say this as someone skeptical of homeopathy, and I contacted Reset.nu about it as I really didn't think it should be possible. But it self evidently was to me at the time, and was far from placebo, and had the signature character of iboga from microdosing with the root bark. One drop or three drops a day, this is still a tiny dose that one would think wouldn't be able to yield effects, but it really seems to, increasingly so over time. Being absorbed on the tongue seems to be a highly efficient means of delivery, and as the alkaloids build up in the system, one becomes more sensitive over time. But yeah I do feel this is a good, safe way of testing the waters with iboga, as individual sensitivities do seem to vary widely with this plant.

jamie
#8 Posted : 12/28/2013 4:10:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

It is probly due to the sublingual absorbtion. Psilocybe alkaloids are also much more effective sublingual vs oral IME when the mushrooms are used to make a concentrated tincture. Harmalas are much more active sublingual vs oral as well.
Long live the unwoke.

Bancopuma
#9 Posted : 12/28/2013 11:41:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It does seem to make a big difference. But I guess it makes sense...straight into your blood stream and rapid access to the nervous system. Apparently a single drop of the tincture contains 0.58 milligrams of TPA extract. If the inner root bark contains between 2-5% alkaloids, this kinda makes sense, as some people microdose with 100mg of root bark, which would contain around 2-5mg of alkaloids. However this is ingested orally which is going to be a less efficient and much less direct way of absorbing alkaloids than when taken sublingually via the tincture. Really interesting to hear about the mushroom tincture, hadn't thought of that before, and haven't experimented much with sublingual harmalas, will keep this in mind, thanks for the heads up.

aleph 1ne
#10 Posted : 12/30/2013 2:57:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma. Thank you for the eloquent write up. It is very inspiring. I know too many people who could benefit Greatly from this method of administration. I plan to try it out myself right away.

I battle with tobacco addiction also. For me, I've been off cigarettes for 9 months now. I've been using e-cigarettes with great success. The only thing is that I am now dependant on these funny contraptions. i worry that if I was without it for too long, that I'd cave and go back to cigarettes.
Mushrooms make me smoke even more. They seem to be an affirmation of life during deep parts of the experience. I've never enjoyed smoking as much as I do on mushrooms. I do not use my e-cig much on them though, and don't battle with it at all. I think Iboga could be the perfect aid in unraveling this silly knot.

Regarding this buildup.. By day 4 or 5, would one still be functional in day to day life, or will it become too.... Iboga like?.. haha.. Would you suggest not having pending responsibilities for the final days?? or the entire time even?

Bancopuma
#11 Posted : 12/30/2013 12:09:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi aleph, no worries at all. All the best with breaking your tobacco addiction. Regarding the build up, you'll be fine by day 4 or 5, particularly if taking one drop a day, and you'll be fine for a good number of weeks I think. Eventually more aware people may notice something about you, when I was microdosing for a while a few people commented I was larger than life or that I seemed to be 'on something'. But if you dose gradually, you can always ease off when you reach a certain level. It won't interfere with your day to day activities, if anything you may find you have more energy and motivation for daily activities.

This is a microdosing experience report that may be of interest, although this person was using much higher doses than is found in the tincture, or one would need to use of the root bark for it to be effective.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=99277

Elpo
#12 Posted : 12/30/2013 5:44:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very well written, thanks for the info.
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

aleph 1ne
#13 Posted : 12/31/2013 6:53:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you so much for the reply, Bancopuma. That eases my mind quite a bit. I have one last question before I begin. (my materials are on the way!!) I've read that the possible negative side effects of Iboga appear most often in small doses. From what I've gathered, this is the reason Iboga shamans administer massive doses. I suppose that there is quite a difference between small doses and Micro dosing. I, myself am fit and healthy with no heart problems or any other conditions to speak of. So I am not so worried for myself. I do have a friend who is fighting and has been fighting some serious addictions for some time. ( opiates and meth) This friend has had some heart complications in the past as a result of his drug use. My secondary intention for doing this is to test the waters for said friend, who is desperate to put this mess in the past. Would you consider this process to be safe for "friend" considering this condition? From what I've read, it's the fear that the onset of Iboga creates that causes the problem. I am guessing that micro dosing would not evoke such a powerful response. Any thoughts on this matter would be Greatly, greatly appreciated. thank you again for your response and all the work you've been doing.

Many blessings.

Entheogenerator
#14 Posted : 12/31/2013 10:17:01 AM

Homo discens

Thanks for the information, Bancopuma! I have been very curious about T. iboga for quite some time, and I would really like to experiment with it and learn more about it. I think it could have some potential as something I might add to my recovery program eventually.

I intend to make an attempt at growing some T. iboga plants some time very soon. It makes me sad that such a priceless lifeform is being harvested towards extinction, so even if I lived in a place where it was available I would still feel more comfortable growing it myself.

Great guide you've written up! Thumbs up
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Bancopuma
#15 Posted : 12/31/2013 12:31:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi aleph, I haven't heard this before. There are going to be potential 'negative' side effects of iboga at doses larger than used with microdosing, if we're talking about ataxia, photophobia, heightened sensitivity to sound and nausea if too much movement is attempted, but I see these as part and parcel of iboga's effects as it is working on you, and a small price to pay. Are you able to be more specific about what is meant by negative side effects? The Bwiti use small doses (say a tablespoon) to warm the heart and aid in all night dancing and drumming.

Regarding your friend, iboga can affect heart rhythms, prolonging the QT interval, but non compatible heart conditions can be easily screened for via ECG to ascertain whether using iboga will be an issue or not. I think this potential risk has only ever been noted at flood dose levels as oppose to microdosing, but over time the alkaloids do build up in the system, which is worth bearing in mind. So I doubt intermittent microdosing will be a problem, but I can't say this with certainty. Bar this heart issue it does sound like iboga microdosing could be an ally to your friend.

Entheogenerator, no worries! It would be great if you are able to grow the plant, even if it takes years to grow, I think this is a great thing to do, and will be a positive thing I think if you wish to get to know the plant more intimately. Unfortunately my climate is totally non supportive of iboga, otherwise I'd be growing it too. It would be great to see some initiatives of it being grown outside of Africa to ease the pressure on wild populations there.

Entheogenerator
#16 Posted : 12/31/2013 8:23:35 PM

Homo discens

Bancopuma wrote:
Entheogenerator, no worries! It would be great if you are able to grow the plant, even if it takes years to grow, I think this is a great thing to do, and will be a positive thing I think if you wish to get to know the plant more intimately. Unfortunately my climate is totally non supportive of iboga, otherwise I'd be growing it too. It would be great to see some initiatives of it being grown outside of Africa to ease the pressure on wild populations there.

Yea, same here. The climate I currently live in would not be conducive to growing T. iboga, but I am moving about 1000 miles south in the next couple of months, so I think a hotter/more humid climate + a greenhouse might make it a more plausible goal.

In my experience, the intimate relationship which develops between a grower and their plants significantly enhances the psychoactive/medicinal effects that those plants can provide. Thumbs up
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

DoingKermit
#17 Posted : 1/5/2014 12:55:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is an awesome thread, Banco!

I am going to get some tincture soon and follow your guide. Sounds like it will do wonders to clear out some unwanted cobwebs Pleased

Good to see you around buddy.

DK

Terrence_Mechanic
#18 Posted : 5/16/2014 3:51:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have access to Iboga total Alkaloid Extract (ibogaine, ibogaline & ibogamine). How would one microdose this?

Bancopuma
#19 Posted : 5/23/2014 10:23:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Terrence, first I think you'll need to further refine your TA to produce TPA/PTA. This will allow you to much more accurately gauge dosage when preparing a tincture. I would bear the 20mg of TPA per ml quantity in mind and scale up to the desired quantity of tincture, and prepare using strong alcohol. This link may be helpful.

http://www.puzzlepiece.o...ga_extraction_manual.pdf

Bancopuma
#20 Posted : 6/23/2014 7:11:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A little information from Dr Chris Jenks regarding tincture preparation from iboga TA/PTA extract.

"I would expect a tincture of TA to be fine and to have affects equivalent to those of RA itself provided it is fresh. My studies on the stability of ibogaine in solution found that it slowly degraded, especially in the base form or when exposed to sunlight, while the solid TA and PTA seem to be very stable. So I would suggest storing any tincture in a cold, dark place and to consider adding a small amount of an acid, maybe something like ascorbic acid, to extend shelf life further. A little study would be needed to select a food-grade acid soluble in the tincture."

12NEXT