We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
phalaris teacher. Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 8/26/2013 6:10:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Well, I finally got this thing dialed I think. Roughly 2 kilos fresh(232g dry..not sure exactly what that is fresh) arundinacea was harvested late july into early august from a wild patch nearby, during an extended period of sunny hot days.

Extraction was typical a/b, only using sodium carbonate as a base and sunflower oil as the np solvent. Solvent was salted with acetic acid and water a number of times. Alkaloid liquid solution was then evaporated, mixed with baking soda/water and dried again and then pulled 2 times with 99% iso, filtered and evaporated to yield maybe 2-300mg(edit, more like 100mg when cleaned up more) or so of a potent red goo that smells strongly of tryptamines with floral overtones when vaped. The tryptamine smell from this extract is the strongest I have encountered from grasses so far. I made sure I was not just jaded, and got my gf to also smell the vapor and she agreed that it smells just like DMT.

A small eyeballed amount(maybe 20mg) was melted onto a few flakes of passiflora leaf and was slowly inhaled over the course of 2-3 minutes. Innitial effects were subjectively identical to that of a low dose of DMT, both in subjective experience and time of onset..no visual phenomenon at that level, just an entheogenic headspace that I instantly associate with a low dose of vaporized DMT. Even the way my body began to rhythmically sway a little was an indicator of DMT/DMT-like effects for me.

I figured I had only taken half the hit at this point, and maybe I can reach a visual level if I finish it. I finish the rest in another 2 spaced out, cautious hits. Same effect but kind of muted, which is to be expected. Probly got most of it on the first hit.

I walk out of the room into the hallway to tell my gf I think this grass was the best so far. It must be minute 4 at this point. Standing in the hallway I realize I am coming up, hard. This is not DMT..not anymore anyway. The hallway takes on a shimmering, enhanced quality and I feel a very pushy, highly energized deep tryptamine rush taking over.

I walk out into my living room and sit down and fumble to put on some mellow psy music and sit back.

All I can think is "oh fuck! I overdosed!.."calm down and breath".."oh fuck what if I smoked poison?!"

I calm myself and breath and feel this rushing tryptamine energy. It has all the craziness of mushrooms mentally, but with this super charged energetic activation that I kept thinking was like some kind of kundalini rush.

Then the music gets thick..maybe minute 8. There is a shift. It's like everything thickens with this ectoplasmic energy. Still not really anything I can call geometric at all, but I can sort of perceive the dimensions of the room kind of opening up..kind of crystalline but it's hard to really know what to call it.

But then..it's like it just blows up. I start tripping my brains out and loosing it. Everything is glowing from within. I have this box of baking soda on my table with a sun on it. I notice(for how long it was already doing this I don't know) that the rays around the sun are moving..like freaking radiating and extending past the limits of the box into the room and glowing with this golden aura and the ceiling is getting rounded and all shiny like it's smiling at me. At this point I am shaking(like I do with tryptamines) and feel like the amount of energy I am feeling is going to implode my being. This is NOT DMT. This is some other kind of tryptamine.

I stand up and all the rushing energy feels too overpowering..my ego is just struggling as it shrinks away. I am sure my pupils were bugging out because everything was soo bright with color..but in a very natural way. Saturated in it's own aura and animated. I must stress that. Everything was animated.

I just loose my shit. I freak out. I need sugar..I need food, water..I need to ground. I dosed too much of unknown weird tryptamines...but it's kinda cool, right? So I deal with it and drink some almond milk and some water and sit back down and breath. It starts to subside now. I feel okay, but I have a heavy tryptamine rush still. This is maybe minute 12-15.

Visuals only went for a couple minutes. It all subsides from there and I am baseline by 30-40 minutes.

Make no mistake. This is a real entheogen and should be respected. It is not DMT, even if there is some DMT in there. I would not give this to other people..I think the energetic and mental effects will freak some people out. I think it is some kind of powerful chakra activator, or kundalini awakener.

This is wild grass we are talking about okay, and I think this has proven that seasonal changes and weather conditions can alter the alkaloid level/ratios. My prior extracts were not this potent with grass from the same general location. Unless different patches within the same area are yielding different extracts that I can only assume that there is a right time and a wrong time to harvest this stuff. So all you people reading this wanting to run out and extract grasses, just know that I have being doing this for a while and the grass does not yield stuff like this all the time. Your milage can vary drastically.

Tryptamine levels should have been nearing a peak during the time of harvest, with beta carboline levels still rather low. Tryptamine levels might be at the maximum right now for a bit actually, before beta carbolines begin to rise towards fall. I will have to harvest some more this week to find out.

Some of this extract will be saved for analysis for sure. The rest will be bioassayed some more. I am not keen to ingest it again for a couple weeks though. I need to get back into yoga before I smoke this particular plant extract again, to deal with the intense rushing of psychedelic energy that it sees to blow out the crown of my head. This was not a launch into hyperspace. I was "here" the whole time but my ego was heavily dissolving into this energy and it frightened me.

I am going to guess the initial effect that came on pretty much right away was low levels of DMT, maybe boosted by beta carbolines..and the main peak effect that took a few minutes to come on was possibly 5meoNMT, again synergizing with beta carbolines.

It is "rougher" than smoking relatively pure DMT extracts, mentally and physically. Be careful.
jamie attached the following image(s):
DSC05244.JPG (2,136kb) downloaded 1,243 time(s).
Long live the unwoke.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Michal_R
#2 Posted : 8/26/2013 6:47:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow... Shocked what to say? An amazing report; and thanks for your pioneering work, Jamie! I would be very much interested in what the alkaloids actually were...

Do you have some previous experience with 5-meo-DMT, Jamie? Phalaris grass is supposed to be full of 5-meo, sometimes even predominantly/mostly 5-meo... Is there any particular reason why you think there might have been 5-meo-NMT + beta-carbolines in the "mix"?

(I better grab my sickle and go out to the fields before its too late; and then follow Jamie´s tek...)

jamie
#3 Posted : 8/26/2013 6:54:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

no I have never worked with 5meoDMT.

the reason I bring up 5meoNMT and beta carbolines is because I sent an extract(harvested a different time of year etc) from grass from the same general area to someone for TLC analysis and the main tryptamine present was 5meoNMT, with significantly lesser ammounts of DMT/NMT, no 5meoDMT was found and there was high levels of beta carbolines.

If people want to experiment with wild arundinacea, they should also read this thread..
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=41419

As you can see, even though I always get some kind of activity, I don't always get a really potent extract like this. I must stress that I feel from my experience that the alkaloid levels/ratios are always changing due to a number of factors. You have to really get it at the right time. I have had other extracts that were pretty mild in comparison and just gave low level tryptamine vibes but not really a psychedelic experience.
Long live the unwoke.

kiang
#4 Posted : 8/26/2013 8:03:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

wow really! Thanks jamie for paving us the way with this very promising plant ally. I did some work in april and then in june but had no success but am collecting in other seasons as i think that i will get it right sometime eventually. Thank you for your report!

steppa
#5 Posted : 8/26/2013 8:45:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great report! Thank you!
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

jamie
#6 Posted : 8/26/2013 5:45:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://mycotopia.net/fo...s-canary-reed-grass.html

I am sure everyone has seen that^ by now, but it is worth looking over anyway. Go to post #5. They mention bufotenine causing some of the side effects, but I did not detect any bufotenine effects..and while extracts in the past have tasted like smoking bufotenine, this current extract tastes just like a sweet, floral DMT. I did not experience "cardiac distress"..but it was intense and felt like my heart was racing, as happens with other tryptamines at high doses for me.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#7 Posted : 8/27/2013 1:17:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

does anyone have an idea on how to go about separation of 5meoNMT from other alkaloids?
Long live the unwoke.

Parshvik Chintan
#8 Posted : 8/27/2013 4:14:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
does anyone have an idea on how to go about separation of 5meoNMT from other alkaloids?

i am not sure if this would work (idk if 5-meo-nmt is a sencodary or tertiary amine or what), but i would think dr sisters threads are worth checking out:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d...spx?g=posts&m=458457
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d...aspx?g=posts&t=20978
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

hostilis
#9 Posted : 8/27/2013 8:53:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome report jamie. I am very stoked about the head-way you're making with phalaris. I may have to test out the wild aquatica that grows around here. I would just need help IDing it.

Thanks!
3... 2... 1... BLAST OFF!!!!FFO TSALB ...1 ...2 ...3

My grafting guide

MagicGing
#10 Posted : 8/27/2013 2:03:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow

awesome work! and a great report!
i need to find some wild phalaris and do some backsalting and a little experimentation of my own Smile
โ€œThe swans go on the path of the sun, they go through the ether by means of their miraculous power; the wise are led out of this world, when they have conquered Mara (desire) and his train" Dhammapada

"But is it probable," asked Pascal, "that probability gives assurance? Nothing gives certainty but truth; nothing gives rest but for the sincere search for truth"

jamie
#11 Posted : 8/28/2013 8:23:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...act_DMT_From_Phalaris.3F

linking this for safety. I want people educated and I don't want new people reading my reports and thinking this is just a free and clean DMT source. This wild grass is it's own teacher and DMT is only part of it's makeup.
Long live the unwoke.

3rdI
#12 Posted : 8/28/2013 8:36:34 PM

veni, vidi, spici

Good work jamie, cheersThumbs up
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

acacian
#13 Posted : 8/29/2013 11:21:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow!! great report Jamie and very exciting to here of someone having some real progress with this plant. sounds like a medicine not to be underestimated. any speculation on what the alkaloid might have been? do you think its possible you may have had a 5-meo-dmt experience? the intense rush of energy sounds like what many people say about that particular tryptamine.. look forward to future results

congrats buddy Smile Thumbs up

jamie
#14 Posted : 8/30/2013 7:37:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^Im just guessing based on analysis of prior extracts..but I am going to assume for the moment that the main tryptamine is 5meoNMT..maybe there could be 5meoDMT also I don't know. I am not sure how much variation there is here among patches minutes apart, between seasons etc in alkaloids present.
Long live the unwoke.

Parshvik Chintan
#15 Posted : 8/30/2013 8:03:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

maybe there should be a seperate name for phalaris extract to distinguish it from DMT.
similar to how jungle spice and jim-jam got their own names.
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

jamie
#16 Posted : 8/30/2013 8:10:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well some phalaris strains/species have been shown now with TLC to give up pretty clean DMT content in the extracts. There is so much going on with the phalaris grasses it would be hard to just describe it all with one name.
Long live the unwoke.

acacian
#17 Posted : 8/30/2013 8:14:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
maybe there should be a seperate name for phalaris extract to distinguish it from DMT.
similar to how jungle spice and jim-jam got their own names.

yeah I think there should be a phalaris section under "other entheogens" as well as a section for acacia as both genus of plants obviously go way deeper than just dmt

Parshvik Chintan
#18 Posted : 8/30/2013 8:28:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
There is so much going on with the phalaris grasses it would be hard to just describe it all with one name.

so multiple names, then.

like with mimosa, if it is relatively pure white crystalline dmt, we just call it dmt, but then there is jungle spice, yellow spice, and jim-jam.

surely something similar could be conceived for phalaris?

(makes me wish i was back in AK where the phalaris supply is unending so i could do some testing myself)
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

acacian
#19 Posted : 8/30/2013 8:41:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah .. i'd even be inclined to just call jungle spice "mimosa extract" as it is really an extract which captures the trees teaching. no need to go into semantics though I guess and jungle spice is a well established name

jamie
#20 Posted : 12/30/2013 12:07:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just wanted to say this thread is not dying..I have just hit a really rough spot in life for a while and forgot about my work with the grasses as I needed to do some serious work with mushrooms and mimosa..but spring will come in a couple months here in BC and I have a lot of grass I harvested last season still to extract and work with..

Is anyone else here working activly working with the tryptamine grasses at all? I have a number of high alkaloid strains going as well and got to try out an extract from some of my aquatica a couple months back which was interesting..but I wont say anything conclusive. It likely had a good ammount of 5meoDMT present. I have not tried the aquatica var.aus strain yet but that will come..

Long live the unwoke.

123NEXT»