We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
The Essential DMT Guide Options

Purges
#21 Posted : 12/21/2013 12:24:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How have I only just noticed this?! Outstanding guide, thank you!
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

MelCat
#22 Posted : 2/24/2014 3:21:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great job some one. Definitely wiki worthy. Thank you for all the time and energy you put into this!
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

endlessness
#23 Posted : 4/9/2014 12:26:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Old thread, but thank you for that work Smile

There are some factual errors or information missing though..

For example, there is no significant 5-meo-dmt content in chaliponga, this seems to be more a rumor than anything else, it has only been found in traces so far. https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/DMT#Diplopterys_spp.

Regarding different caapi/aya types, please reffer to the Collaborative Research Subforum, as well s to my signature caapi analysis thread. We already know Banisteriopsis muricata has the same alkaloid profile as banisteriopsis caapi.

Specially regarding with most black ayahuasca sold around, it was NOT found to have any harmalas or related alkaloids, and it has been identified as Alicia anisopetala.

Ashema
#24 Posted : 4/24/2014 6:42:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fantastic resource.
Thank you, some one.

Ashema

some one
#25 Posted : 6/1/2014 3:57:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I edited everything advised.

Quote:
How have I only just noticed this?!

I updated my posts with more information as time went by, which is probably why you didn't notice the full content yet.
some = one | here = some | there = one

some one
#26 Posted : 5/29/2016 2:43:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Various info:

Quote:
I've been experimenting with the different FASA/I/W teks and FB conversions.

I found this to be the most efficient route for obtaining pure DMT (Fumerate).

DMT Fumerate:
1: Use Cybs A/B Salt Tek to obtain freebase DMT
2: Dissolve the final yield in acetone
3: Filter undissolved material using cotton in a funnel or syringe
4: Add FASA until no more clouding
5: Wait until the DMT Fumerate precipitates
6: Decant the solution, add fresh acetone to wash, decant again, dry

Freebase Conversion:
1: Dissolve DMT Fumerate in water
2: Add a basic solution with pH >11
3: Pull 3x with Naphtha
4: Freeze precipitate, decant, dry

Doing FASA on Limo /Xylene /Toluene results in a yield which smells like the NPS. Xyl and tol are toxic and very unpleasant smells to work with. Food grade Limo residue is safe for oral use, but some brands precipitate Fumeric acid. It also needs to be distillated (frequently) for proper use. In any case, the yield is contaminated and needs to be cleaned. This requires additional time and work.

I prefer the A/B naphtha freeze method instead. The FASA conversion is a good clean up step to turn sticky yellow, or dirty /contaminated DMT to clean bright yellow /white. Many plant substances don't dissolve in the acetone. These are filtered out. Many plant oils stay dissolved in the acetone after FASA is added. End result is clean DMT Fumerate which smells like pure DMT salt. Also, you know exactly how much DMT you have to start with, so you know how much FASA you need max. No need to worry about adding FASA too fast, Fumaric acid can't precipitate out in the acetone when adding too fast, as it does in NP solvents.

As for the conversion from Fum to FB, I didn't like any of the options stated here and in other treads. Some failed, others were a pain to work with, and all of them resulted in sodium carbonate residue in the yield. Easiest, safest and purest way to convert is to base with Lye, pull with Naphtha and freeze precip. Due to the small volume of liquid, 3 pulls were enough. No need to do much shaking. An acceptable amount of yield loss occurred, most due to discarding impurities and non DMT oils.

When doing FASA + FB conversion as a clean-up after an A/B, there are less oils in the FB yield. I found these oils sometimes had the smell of undissolved Naphtha. The yield after this technique hardly smells (of anything) at all.

The added value is that by freeze precipitating naphtha, you can recycle the NPS for re-use. You can also recycle the leftover Acetone into FASA by placing it back in a container with excess Fumaric acid. Quite sustainable..

The whole FASA/I/W road map is interesting. But imho the best way to use this innovation is after an A/B tek. This gives DMT Fumerate for storage and oral use. To convert back to FB, simply perform a mini A/B.

The disadvantage of this method is that the yields are not full spectrum (orange /red) or half spectrum (yellow, dark yellow), for the people who desire that. It also uses toxic Naphtha and corrosive Lye.

Source: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=882140#post882140

Quote:
I tried this experiment:
A: Acid phase: 50 ml 5% white vinegar in 200 ml water to the bottle, 3.0 pH
B: Acid phase: 60 ml 5% white vinegar in 300 ml water to the bottle, 3.7 pH

Results:
A: Naphtha rather clear the first pull, turned more yellow in pulls that followed. DMT yield was yellowish.
B: Naphtha very clear on all pulls. DMT yield = very white crystals!

Conclusion:
The less water during the acid stage, the lower the pH, the more plant oils get extracted, the more yellow the dmt is. For white crystals, aim for pH 4.

source: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=856094#post856094

Quote:
Using epson salts as a desiccant:

- Weight 200g magnesium sulfate (Epson salts)
- Place it on an baking dish covered with Aluminum foil
- Heat it at 200 C for 2 hours
- Collect the anhydrous magnesium sulfate
- Store it in an air tight container for future use

- Fill a 500ml bottle with the solvent to be dehydrated (Acetone)
- Add 25g of anhydrous magnesium sulfate
- Shake and let settle for a day prior use
- Always keep the magnesium sulfate in the bottle
- For usage extract anhydrous Acetone from above with a pipette

- The magnesium sulfate should hold 2x its weight in water
- 25 g anhydrous magnesium sulfate holds 50 g water
- 50 g water is > 10% volume of 500ml Acetone
- When you get below 100ml, discard the Acetone

You could try to re-use the left over Acetone:
- Add it to 25g anhydrous magnesium sulfate and wait a day
- Decant the Acetone away from the the magnesium sulfate
- Add the Acetone with new Acetone (500ml total) to new magnesium sulfate (25g)

You can re-use the magnesium sulfate:
- re-heat in the oven for 2 hrs at 200 C

Source: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=784270#post784270

some one
#27 Posted : 8/1/2016 5:27:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Warning, the study quoted below found various toxic chemicals being released from PG and VG. Some of them are carcinogenic.

Quote:
Use of electronic cigarettes has grown exponentially over the past few years, raising concerns about harmful emissions. This study quantified potentially toxic compounds in the vapor and identified key parameters affecting emissions. Six principal constituents in three different refill “e-liquids” were propylene glycol (PG), glycerin, nicotine, ethanol, acetol, and propylene oxide. The latter, with mass concentrations of 0.4–0.6%, is a possible carcinogen and respiratory irritant. Aerosols generated with vaporizers contained up to 31 compounds, including nicotine, nicotyrine, formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, glycidol, acrolein, acetol, and diacetyl. Glycidol is a probable carcinogen not previously identified in the vapor, and acrolein is a powerful irritant. Emission rates ranged from tens to thousands of nanograms of toxicants per milligram of e-liquid vaporized, and they were significantly higher for a single-coil vs a double-coil vaporizer (by up to an order of magnitude for aldehydes). By increasing the voltage applied to a single-coil device from 3.3 to 4.8 V, the mass of e-liquid consumed doubled from 3.7 to 7.5 mg puff–1 and the total aldehyde emission rates tripled from 53 to 165 μg puff–1, with acrolein rates growing by a factor of 10. Aldehyde emissions increased by more than 60% after the device was reused several times, likely due to the buildup of polymerization byproducts that degraded upon heating. These findings suggest that thermal degradation byproducts are formed during vapor generation. Glycidol and acrolein were primarily produced by glycerin degradation. Acetol and 2-propen-1-ol were produced mostly from PG, while other compounds (e.g., formaldehyde) originated from both. Because emissions originate from reaction of the most common e-liquid constituents (solvents), harmful emissions are expected to be ubiquitous when e-cigarette vapor is present.
Source: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/.../10.1021/acs.est.6b01741

Many of these chemicals are major health hazards:

Diacetyl
Quote:
Diacetyl has been linked to a rare type of lung disease, bronchiolitis obliterans, also called "popcorn worker's lung" because it has been seen primarily in workers at microwave popcorn factories. This disease destroys the lungs and can be cured only by a lung transplant. Diacetyl appears to damage lungs when it is repeatedly inhaled in vaporized form (!!!).
Source: http://www.drweil.com/dr...wave-Popcorn-Threat.html

Glycidol
Probable carcinogen not previously identified in e-vapor

Propylene oxide
Probable carcinogen and respiratory irritant

Acetaldehyde
Carcinogen (nasal, oral)

Acrolein
Powerful irritant

Formaldehyde
Known carcinogen. Causes nasal sinus cancer, nasopharyngeal cancer and leukemia:

Quote:
Ingestion of 30 mL of a solution containing 37% formaldehyde has been reported to cause death in an adult human. Water solution of formaldehyde is very corrosive and its ingestion can cause severe injury to the upper gastrointestinal tract.

Further information and evaluation of all known data led the IARC to reclassify formaldehyde as a known human carcinogen associated with nasal sinus cancer and nasopharyngeal cancer. Recent studies have also shown a positive correlation between exposure to formaldehyde and the development of leukemia, particularly myeloid leukemia.
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formaldehyde

Below another paper. It shows that e-sigs release Formaldehyde. No Formaldehyde is found at regular e-cigarettes power levels. However, at more volt (more power, higher coil temp) a significant increase of Formaldehyde was detected. This is bad news for sub-ohm vaping. As commercial sub-ohm vapes are a relatively new phenomenon, the question is if the Formaldehyde factor is an overlooked danger up to now.

Quote:
Formaldehyde is a known degradation product of propylene glycol that reacts with propylene glycol and glycerol during vaporization to produce hemiacetals. These molecules are known formaldehyde-releasing agents. In many samples of the particulate matter (i.e., the aerosol) in “vaped” e-cigarettes, more than 2% of the total solvent molecules have converted to formaldehyde-releasing agents, reaching concentrations higher than concentrations of nicotine. This happens when propylene glycol and glycerol are heated in the presence of oxygen to temperatures reached by commercially available e-cigarettes operating at high voltage. How formaldehyde-releasing agents behave in the respiratory tract is unknown, but formaldehyde is an International Agency for Research on Cancer group 1 carcinogen.

Here we present results of an analysis of commercial e-liquid vaporized with the use of a “tank system” e-cigarette featuring a variable-voltage battery. The aerosolized liquid was collected in an NMR spectroscopy tube (10 50-ml puffs over 5 minutes; 3 to 4 seconds per puff). With each puff, 5 to 11 mg of e-liquid was consumed, and 2 to 6 mg of liquid was collected. At low voltage (3.3 V), we did not detect the formation of any formaldehyde-releasing agents (estimated limit of detection, approximately 0.1 μg per 10 puffs). At high voltage (5.0 V), a mean (±SE) of 380±90 μg per sample (10 puffs) of formaldehyde was detected as formaldehyde-releasing agents. Extrapolating from the results at high voltage, an e-cigarette user vaping at a rate of 3 ml per day would inhale 14.4±3.3 mg of formaldehyde per day in formaldehyde-releasing agents. This estimate is conservative because we did not collect all of the aerosolized liquid, nor did we collect any gas-phase formaldehyde. One estimate of the average delivery of formaldehyde from conventional cigarettes is approximately 150 μg per cigarette,3 or 3 mg per pack of 20 cigarettes.
Source: http://www.nejm.org/doi/...6/NEJMc1413069#t=article

14mg Formaldehyde per 3 ml. If DMT 1:4 (250mg DMT per 1ml), then per 30 mg DMT = (14/3) / (250/30) = 0.6mg Formaldehyde = same as 4 sigarettes. This is not much. However, the question is how accurate the 14mg per 3ml estimation is. What if it's 10x more at high vape rates? Sub-ohm vaping has not been researched well enough yet. I would keep the DMT ratio as high as possible so as little as possible vapor is needed.

DansMaTete
#28 Posted : 8/1/2016 1:06:20 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Just to help to make your own idea here is a debunk of the previous study.

It's not a ROA i use but my question is, is it really unsafe compared to changa ? I think we are far from a study about this.

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

ganesh
#29 Posted : 8/1/2016 5:38:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good work. Wink
More imaginative mutterings of nonsense from the old elephant!

some one
#30 Posted : 8/30/2016 3:26:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DansMaTete wrote:
Just to help to make your own idea here is a debunk of the previous study.

It's not a ROA i use but my question is, is it really unsafe compared to changa ? I think we are far from a study about this.

Solid debunk, I softened the warning.

arrall
#31 Posted : 12/12/2023 12:55:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent work, thank you so much for taking the time to write this.
I'm going to experiment vaporizing DMT using 510 cartridges with 70/30 PG:VG.
I'll report back on how it goes.

PREV12