We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Mixed feelings about psilocybin Options

Elpo
#41 Posted : 7/6/2013 4:05:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rising Spirit wrote:
I have always had a very deep respect for and to some degree, an intense fear of psilocybin mushrooms. Much as I do for vaporized spice, for that matter. The price for admission... is DEATH. Dying is the scariest state of being for humans to experience, perhaps just a few notches more so, than living in this material paradigm? Honestly, why do you think newborn babies cry upon taking their first breath? The isolation is so extreme sometimes it nearly paralyzes me. What is this place? Why do I exist at all? What am I here to learn... or perhaps, to unlearn?

But let's all be very clear on this issue, of all the illusions we embark upon through our existential journey, beginnings and endings are the most terrifying. Why so? Because of the unknown factors involved in committing ourselves to the reality of one or the other state and frequency of mind. When we do so, we gain and loose in equal measure.

My last few voyages with shrooms have been quite overwhelming and that's an understatement. Many of the lessons I've been shown, involve mirroring to me (the witness to this earthly dream sequence) my habitual mindset and it's predilection for creating mirages and false assumptions about everything I am exposed to. I have been forced to cross the line/membrane, whereby I am torn asunder and gradually experience re-assemblage through most definitive ways and means. It's as if the habitual propensity for accepting the surface crust of my self, for the central core... is the major lesson imparted.

I have often felt that the reason mushrooms are so intense is because we are largely composed of bundles of thogouht-forms. Our accumulated ideas are in essence, our ego-selves. Shrooms seem to enjoy pulling the rug out from underneath us. They leave us stripped naked of our human conditioning and reveal to us the majesty and immensity of the Cosmos. As Teacher Plants, they show us where we are stuck, both psychologically and metaphysically. They can be mistaken for being heartless at times, or even as cruel... but they are not. They are simply being 100% honest with us. They show us our mindset, without any blinders. They also facilitate our understanding, by forcefully tearing us to shreds! And they show their depth of compassion, tenderness and universal love, by allowing us to be reborn, anew. They gift us a second chance to fully be here now (free from the self-created constraints of the time-space-continuum).

I have bee waiting for the right circumstances to ingest another quarter ounce with Caapi as an accompaniment. The Caapi tea seems to bring the voyage much more into Hyperspacial parameters. And yeah, I do find that when I am willing to release my fear and my fixation upon this or that concept, I am gifted with a pure vision of the reality within this dreamscape. they are my favorite psychedelic for a number of reasons. Mostly, because they are the fruit of this world. Not necessarily the "forbidden fruit"... but they are tough on the ego-self. I have discovered that DMT is the same way. One simply cannot hold on to one's own routine self-patterning and hope to survive the experience (without much suffering and confusion). And when one finally lets go completely... the bliss is immeasurable.

Having the dualistic mindset dissolved so powerfully, always shares the shit our of me. And this is wholly understandable, as the EGO deals with so much misinformation and is so very prone to distort reality for it's own agenda. Mushrooms do not like our bullshit, my friends. They destroy these errors in universal understanding, sometimes most unceremoniously so. Seemingly harsh at times... but always truthful and always with our greatest benefit in mind (if mind is the correct word for this). But more than anything else, the lessons are loud and clear. I hear the same revelation each time I embrace this entheogenic Deity. And I paraphrase, but of course.

"Wake up, you are really a frequency of consciousness. Open yourself to this truth. You are not the material husk, you are the Divine kernel within it's epicenter. You are Universal awareness, Omniversal Being, Infinite consciousness dancing freely throughout the myriad forms and appearances it assumes for an infinitesimally brief sojourn. Let go... or be destroyed time and time again. Be yourself, your true self. You are already here. Now is an eternity and it is heavenly in it's reality. Do not be something unreal, illusory and spiritually limiting. Be wholly One with God, consciously and wholeheartedly. Embrace the remembrance of yourself becoming manifest thought, within this Infinite Grid.

Be God awakening to the splendor and perfection of itself, as it effulgently blooms, in yet another guise. Receive love without reservation, so that you might share it with all you encounter. Immerse your mind within the effulgence of the Divine Field of Being. Be that loving, all-knowing light, for certain death awaits those who sleep endlessly. Reflect this healing wisdom and allow your own Spirit-song to be the Spirit-song of all unified life forms. There is but the singularity experiencing existence from behind the veils and mirages, that of the Supreme Godhead! For the morphing dichotomy is surely the biggest untruth and a vibratory frequency of no lasting reality, as if it were but a passing dreamscape."

I completely agree with every word!
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Infectedstyle
#42 Posted : 7/6/2013 4:32:09 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

Thank you Rising Spirit for your loving words, you are an inspiration.

I needed that. Your words remind me of my first mushroom trip. Gradually showing me reality is a grid of energy. I reckon i have been close to ego-death at times. It feels like my body gets thorn apart. I have never been able to let go , just yet. I am hungry tho.. Very much so.

Mushrooms still scare me. But so does talking with other people. I've put my hopes on a visit to Santo daime to balance my ego and energy body. 7 days from now i'm in for a session. Great positive people there, of the hippie type. I love 'em.

aliendreamtime
#43 Posted : 7/14/2013 2:05:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mushrooms...I am usually convinced that they are evil when they start to kick in. By the time the trip is over, I am fully reassured that they are an ally.

Similar to a parent-child, student-teacher, trainer-athlete scenario. They take you to where you wouldnt be able to go yourself.

#52 and #53 are a lecture series by Kathleen Harrison, Terence Mckenna's former wife. She does a great job at outlining the traditional use of these sacred beings.

http://dopecast.libsyn.c...ory/psychonautica/page/5

I think its worth considering where your sacrament comes from, who has had it...influenced it...etc.

But yeah, I've questioned whether mushrooms are evil or not...I've also questioned whether the universe is evil or not...still not really sure either. But for now, life is good. Karma is real.

Know thyself.

Ryusaki
#44 Posted : 7/15/2013 5:06:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought i was a shroom wizard level 99, but the truth is i am just a class 3 student in the shroom school of life.

Last time i took 0.5 gram of potent local cubes and chilled in the park when some turkish women startet to dance and wave their extreme colorful patterned cloth/scarf.
They created a wormhole with their energy and i nearly got sucked in.
I had to flee the scene and got some very intense displays of madness while walking home.

Before that (months earlier) i had an full blown horror trip on 1 gram.
I really couldn't fathom the fact that such a small dose would send me to hell.
It was so intense i had to play a movie in the background as a time marker and to ground me.
Silence was unbearable.
So i let Avatar running (just choose a random movie), and as soon as i did the CEVs intensified and showed the same neon light colors the movie did. I never knew that shrooms could be THAT colorful and 3Dimensional. I heard the movie but saw a different one in my head (couldn't keep my eyes open). I walked through the jungle of pandora by night, saw a lot of insectoids and other strange animals. Quite a strong confrontation with the complete other. I nearly shitted my pants.

They seem to increase the difficult level since i ve startet to ask them specific questions. When i changed the general procedure to a more ritualistic one, with clear intentions, and with the sole aim to get into contact with the voices, they seem to increase their interaction and attention (and the madness Big grin ).

I haven't used them since i've taken Ayahuasca. I am quite intriged to meet them again.

jamie
#45 Posted : 7/15/2013 6:20:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

.5 has been enough at times for me to have closed eye visions and mental effects. 1g of cubes is always enough to produce a decent trip, and can be difficult even. Not sure why some people need to eat multiple grams of them. It seems I needed to eat more 7 years ago also.
Long live the unwoke.

kajex
#46 Posted : 7/15/2013 8:35:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ryusaki wrote:
I thought i was a shroom wizard level 99, but the truth is i am just a class 3 student in the shroom school of life.

Last time i took 0.5 gram of potent local cubes and chilled in the park when some turkish women startet to dance and wave their extreme colorful patterned cloth/scarf.
They created a wormhole with their energy and i nearly got sucked in.
I had to flee the scene and got some very intense displays of madness while walking home.

Before that (months earlier) i had an full blown horror trip on 1 gram.
I really couldn't fathom the fact that such a small dose would send me to hell.
It was so intense i had to play a movie in the background as a time marker and to ground me.
Silence was unbearable.
So i let Avatar running (just choose a random movie), and as soon as i did the CEVs intensified and showed the same neon light colors the movie did. I never knew that shrooms could be THAT colorful and 3Dimensional. I heard the movie but saw a different one in my head (couldn't keep my eyes open). I walked through the jungle of pandora by night, saw a lot of insectoids and other strange animals. Quite a strong confrontation with the complete other. I nearly shitted my pants.

They seem to increase the difficult level since i ve startet to ask them specific questions. When i changed the general procedure to a more ritualistic one, with clear intentions, and with the sole aim to get into contact with the voices, they seem to increase their interaction and attention (and the madness Big grin ).

I haven't used them since i've taken Ayahuasca. I am quite intriged to meet them again.

I love your approach to psilocybin Big grin

At this point, I feel the same as a lot of people in this thread about mushrooms...they lured me in with their beautiful visions, but now anytime I take them, they kick my ass! And I am in the same boat as Jamie, I took .3 a week or two ago and felt that heavy, mind&$#@-y mushroom vibe...I was surprised, and had to pay close attention to my mental state for the rest of the day.

Those mushrooms are tricky..

SkyKitty
#47 Posted : 12/14/2013 11:25:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

When i was young, I took the sacred mushrooms recreationally. They let it slide a few times and then they gave me my first message. They said "we are not to be abused" and i was instructed to not take them recreationally ever again. It was a frightening experience and it took me a few years before i could gather the courage to go under the veil again. They were serious and i couldnt disobey.

After a few years had past, i had helped a friend through an important transition in their life, which involved a trip to Mexico to consult a medical doctor. Upon her recovery from her surgery and we returned home, I felt the call of the sacred mushrooms and was compelled to answer it. That was the second time I ever received a message from them. During that ritual, they told me what I had did for that friend was of the ultimate good, that i was on "the path" now, and that my intentions for seeking the guidence of the sacred mushrooms was now pure. They told me that i could now consult them again in the future in good faith and that they would continue to fill me with healing light. And that was when i first started having visuals when i took them. It was a really positive experience but i still felt fear and tripidation before i would take them after that, letting a couple years pass between rituals.

The last few times i've taken them, the first message they always give me is "be not afraid", before going on to give me the rest of the message. I now know I can trust them and they treat me well provided I continue to follow their first instruction - to not take them trivially.

So i used to have mixed feelings too about them but now I know that we, the mushrooms and i, have a special relationship which is much closer than the one i have with ayahuasca - which shows me images but never speaks to me like the mushrooms do... A least yet. To this day, i still only consult the mushrooms once or twice every two years on average but I know that this frequency is what is right for me. Anymore and i would be going against their instruction.

PREV123