We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
help with defating stage Options

anabolic_hippie
#1 Posted : 12/3/2013 7:44:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

seems weather i am using chaliponga or acacia when i attempt to preform the defating stage i put in naptha, even just swiling it around carefully seems to cause an emulsion so easily. does anyone else have this problem. is there any solutions

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

HumbleTraveler
#2 Posted : 12/3/2013 10:58:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you using Ronsonol lighter fluid? Or actual hardware store Naphtha (like VM&P)? Cause if youre using lighter fluid, it no longer is Naphtha. So that MAY be whats doing it.

Can you provide some more info what your steps are up until the point that you attempt a defat?
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

DreaMTripper
#3 Posted : 12/4/2013 1:00:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What tek and at what stage are you defatting? If you have a seperator then I suggest using hot sunflower oil. If just basting away then xylene or toluene as its much tidier to decant.

anabolic_hippie
#4 Posted : 12/8/2013 10:37:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i did an acid cook on acacia then put some naptha in (not lighter fluid) swirled it gently seemed to just cause an instant emusion. i have done this with chaliponga same results, i have read of ppl using naptha to defat before they basify then pull.

HumbleTraveler
#5 Posted : 12/10/2013 7:07:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It could certainly be your Acacia is extra fatty. Supposedly, adding extra Lye to the mixture helps calm down an emulsuion. Also, getting the mixture hot by placing in a heath bath for a while and then gently swirling it end over end can help to eliminate the emulsion.

A defat, if youre really getting THAT much, should definitely be plugged in pre basifying.
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

DreaMTripper
#6 Posted : 12/10/2013 11:42:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah a defat takes no time and can have a big effect and ruin the extract if it isnt done. Naptha isnt a particulary good de-fatter hot sunflower oil is much more efficient 200ml/100g material and you pull all the gunk in one go.

skoobysnax
#7 Posted : 12/13/2013 6:14:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DreaMTripper wrote:
Yeah a defat takes no time and can have a big effect and ruin the extract if it isnt done. Naptha isnt a particulary good de-fatter hot sunflower oil is much more efficient 200ml/100g material and you pull all the gunk in one go.

I will have to check this out. Funny though I have had some people say ACRB doesn't need a defat. Hot sunflower oil sounds better in any case.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?