We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
TEK: Boil n Base V1.2 updated Options

T5001
#21 Posted : 12/7/2013 9:48:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

There's also the fact that in a lot of other teks metal lids are depicted. Most metal jar or bottle lids are either unsuitable aluminium (corrodes in caustic solution) or steel with a rubbery coating beneath which degrades in naphtha. If you are seriously worried about plastic then even HDPE isn't guaranteed safe with naphtha above 20 degrees c. Glass turkey basters also have a rubber bulb which does degrade (it shrinks and stiffens over time). Add to this the fact that even naphtha which comes in a metal container has an unknown plastic lid or valve.

Luckily none of it matters too much as long as you don't evaporate the solvent to yield Big grin

If you really do care about plastic contaminants you would find a way to collect the freebase without using naphtha at all, since it comes contaminated in the bottle, by the container itself. I suggest re-salting your DMT and somehow freebasing again without using naphtha at all. I'm still trying to figure that one out...

I have seen freebase crystallize from a diluted methanol/DMT solution, but that was already a freebase...

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

brainforest
#22 Posted : 8/25/2014 11:24:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for this T5001,

I attempted to do this extract last night.

I left my precipated solution in the fridge over night, when I came down this morning there were some clear crystals lining the glass.

I've now placed it in the freezer, however I was just wondering if this could simply be the rock salt re crystalizing.

I don't want to get my hopes up to early.

Is this possibility?

Cheers
"Better safe than sectioned."

T5001
#23 Posted : 8/25/2014 4:57:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

brainforest wrote:
Thanks for this T5001,

I attempted to do this extract last night.

I left my precipated solution in the fridge over night, when I came down this morning there were some clear crystals lining the glass.

I've now placed it in the freezer, however I was just wondering if this could simply be the rock salt re crystalizing.

I don't want to get my hopes up to early.

Is this possibility?

Cheers

Fortunately plain old salt isn't soluble in naphtha, so no worries Thumbs up

brainforest
#24 Posted : 8/25/2014 5:15:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wahoo,

Cheers for the Tek my friend.

It's still in the freezer, I just hope to God I can get the crystals without them melting like my previous two attempts.

However I must say, this is my first attempt using your tek, and the crystals are clear and stuck to the glass.

Not like the white, floating goo of my previous attempt.

Cheers again.

I'll upload pics if it goes well.
"Better safe than sectioned."

Tone42001
#25 Posted : 11/14/2017 7:31:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This was the first tek I used, and it worked great. It consistantly produces good results. The boil is an important step I feel, it def. increases yeilds.
" Loose your inhibition, follow your own ambition" - Dylan

PREV12