We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Desmanthus leptolobus extraction tek? Options

WEM
#1 Posted : 11/20/2013 1:43:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure if this is the right place to start this thread but here goes nothing...

I recently acquired some Desmanthus leptolobus seeds which were from someone who is growing them with the intention of isolating the gene responsible for DMT production, hoping to breed a higher yielding plant. Apparently they wait until the Desmanthus leptolobus plants flower, then selectively crossbreeds, collects the seeds documenting which plants they were from (and which plant it was breed with) and then preforms an extract on every parent plant's roots individually, effectively finding out what each of the parents' yield was to figure out which seeds are likely to be higher yielding, and then repeating the process. Wiki claims there was a study done which showed one sample of Desmanthus leptolobus root bark yielded 0.14% DMT, hence its nickname Prairie mimosa.

My question to everyone here is this: What extraction method do you guys recommend I attempt to use? Obviously I still have to grow the plants Wut? but when I tried looking for info on extractions used with Desmanthus all I could find in the Nexus was a single thread from two years ago. Has anyone made anymore progress with extractions using Desmanthus? The person who produced the seeds claimed they use an A-B tek with an additional recrystallization with whole roots instead of just root bark, he mentioned that when he tested it against a known sample with thin layer chromatography plates to test purity he estimated it to be roughly 97% pure.

Thoughts? I would prefer if it was an Eco friendly tekSmile
A dramatic shift approaches...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

WEM
#2 Posted : 12/3/2013 4:17:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

No takers? I can't possibly be the only one who's planning on attempting an extraction from this plant...

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 12/3/2013 6:11:37 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Any of the eco-friendly teks on the site will work just fine. Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

WEM
#4 Posted : 12/3/2013 7:39:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the replySmile

obliguhl
#5 Posted : 12/3/2013 7:45:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Please, please please ...don't disappear. This Plant is really underresearched and appears to have great potential. I got some seeds a a year ago or so, but to my shame, never germinated them.

Please make us happy and share your progress!

WEM
#6 Posted : 12/3/2013 10:19:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I agree there is a lot of potential for this plant and is quite under-researched, I plan to germinate the seeds I have for next spring's sowing, then come fall I'll pick half to harvest and let the other half continue to grow into the next year, from what I've been reading they'll easily survive where I live (climate zone 6a, but it should survive down to -20°F or colder).

Is there really that few people who have considered this plant as a potential source? Surely there's got to be others who have experience extracting from this plant. Maybe the seeds are just harder to come by than I previously thought...

obliguhl
#7 Posted : 12/4/2013 6:01:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There are a couple of folks on the shroomery who are interested....
And yes, the Seeds are pretty hard to find. I think there is one seller on ebay (who advertises DMT content = i won't touch that offer!).

Cotyledon
#8 Posted : 12/4/2013 12:42:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

These seeds are definitely a rarity. I had been looking for them for about a year before I was gifted some about a month ago. I haven't germinated any of them yet since we've got several months to go before I could plant them out. Last year I started 40 illinoensis seedlings way too early and ran out of space indoors, then they got rootbound and didn't show much interest in surviving after that. Lesson learned!

But I will be starting a proper bed of leptolobus this spring. I haven't thought ahead much past getting them to maturity yet, but I figure I have some time to figure all that outSmile

Auxin
#9 Posted : 12/4/2013 10:07:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Half the seeds I've seen distributed were free (thats even how it first entered the entheo community) and all the rest were trades, ebay is not the place to go Laughing

Come spring, dont rely on them transplanting well. Soak until they swell then plant them straight into the garden in a prepared spot. Lepto is USDA zone 6a hardy if I remember right.

Any bark tek will work for extraction.

WEM
#10 Posted : 12/5/2013 5:54:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I was considering starting them indoors but if they don't transplant well then I should simply sow them outsideSmile

I agree eBay isn't the place to get Desmanthus leptolobus seeds, I got mine free over at STS, the giveaway thread has since closed from the guy running out of seed packs but given enough time someone else will have seeds up to giveaway/trade.

Thanks everyone for the tips!

Doodazzle
#11 Posted : 12/5/2013 11:09:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I also got some freebies, from herbal shaman, back in like 98. They sat for over 10 years before I tried....zero germination. Actually, they were Desmanthus illinoensis seeds.

A good, non-invasive plant that grows in 6a hardiness has been a dream of mine for awhile. I want to take a plant growing in my local habitat (without greenhouses and the like, if possible) and extract it using an eco-tek.

WEM, please keep us posted--I think the bundle flowers deserve some scrutiny.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

WEM
#12 Posted : 12/5/2013 6:19:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I can definitely keep you guys in the loop! Perhaps I could use those biodegradable pots designed for easy transplanting so I can get a head start for spring without worry of root shock... The only thing which I can't seem to find anywhere is how much light this plant prefers, I'm considering planting them in an area which gets full sun but I wonder if it prefers less light than that... It's seems to hug the ground it so I'd imagine it's used to growing beneath other plants and getting less light as a result... Maybe I'll plant them in more than one area with varying levels of light so see which does better... brainstormingPleased