We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
The Art of Changa, a guide to making the perfect blends. Options

olympus mon
#21 Posted : 7/20/2013 9:44:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Jees wrote:

Should there be special notices (e.g. weight) for extracted harmala's:
- coming from vine;
- coming from rue;
- coming from base precip + water washed;
- coming from manske, filtered and straight use that

or are there on the practical side not enough differences to start bother about it?
Thanks!

Your all very welcome. 'Im glad people are excited about trying some new approaches.

Jees- Im guessing there are differences some subtle some obvious between different Harmalas. I have only used caapi or caapi copy. For example THH has a lot of reports as feeling noticeably different than Harmine. Im not a Harmals expert so I wouldn't know about changing doses for specific Harmalas personally but maybe Jaime or some other Harmala super mind can add their 2 cents.

In the near future I would like to start playing around with the different harmalas to even more personalize my Changas. Good call. Thumbs up
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Jees
#22 Posted : 7/21/2013 12:05:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you OM.
Lots will end in trial-error-find-sweet-spot whatever is used. As you said even the bong cares.

About mullein, I picked some leaves in the wild to dry, is this what we want?
The flowers are hardly open yet, are these to use too?

olympus mon
#23 Posted : 7/21/2013 4:02:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Jees wrote:
Thank you OM.
Lots will end in trial-error-find-sweet-spot whatever is used. As you said even the bong cares.

About mullein, I picked some leaves in the wild to dry, is this what we want?
The flowers are hardly open yet, are these to use too?

Thats awesome you can pick your own Mullein. I use the fuzzy un open flowers in my blends not the leaf. I don't know if the leaf hits smoothly or harsh so give it a try and let us know. The Mullein I buy doesn't have open flowers just the lambs ear soft fluffiness.

Amygdala
#24 Posted : 7/22/2013 12:57:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent write up, can't wait to make my next changa batch more appealing to the senses. Any chance of a picture of your mix? My changa has suffered from looking like cigar tobacco as well, definately going to experiment with flavor and aroma additions.

Most posts I have read here describe not including the more colorful flowers like lotus in the infusion because it dulls the color. I have been adding them in afterwards, but I think this makes dosing more problematic as components in the bowl don't have any actives. Do you infuse everything in yr mix?

Again, exciting work. Well done
“What goes on inside is just too fast and huge and all interconnected for words to do more than barely sketch the outlines of at most one tiny little part of it at any given instant.” - David Foster Wallace

olympus mon
#25 Posted : 7/22/2013 4:06:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Amygdala wrote:
Excellent write up, can't wait to make my next changa batch more appealing to the senses. Any chance of a picture of your mix? My changa has suffered from looking like cigar tobacco as well, definately going to experiment with flavor and aroma additions.

Most posts I have read here describe not including the more colorful flowers like lotus in the infusion because it dulls the color. I have been adding them in afterwards, but I think this makes dosing more problematic as components in the bowl don't have any actives. Do you infuse everything in yr mix?

Again, exciting work. Well done

Good question. As you know if you put your pretty color plant stuff in to soak everything is initiated the same brownish green color. Some little Mullien pieces stay bright beige though and I cut up my blue lotus petals real fine. Enough to add color and texture but not big enough to screw with dosing.

Speaking of dosing...I don't weigh out anything. I take a small pinch between fingers and that's my dose. No matter whats in the bowl I'm only taking 1 big hit then have some left overs for comedown boost or 2.

acacian
#26 Posted : 7/22/2013 5:25:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

would love to see some pics of your blends

olympus mon
#27 Posted : 7/22/2013 5:35:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry Y'all. I tried loading some pics but keep getting system error. This has been happening for me trying to load pics. Ill try from another computer tmrw.

Jees
#28 Posted : 7/24/2013 1:45:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
Should there be special notices (e.g. weight) for extracted harmala's:
- coming from vine;
- coming from rue;
- coming from base precip;
- coming from manske, filtered and straight use that
or are there on the practical side not enough differences to start bother about it?

Seeing this post we better forget about mansked harmalas for changa.

Aegle
#29 Posted : 7/24/2013 3:34:56 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Olympus Mon

From one Changa enthusiast to another I must thank you for sharing this excellent information, much respect.

Much Peace and Compassion
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Jees
#30 Posted : 7/26/2013 4:54:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

olympus mon wrote:
...Infusing the blend-
It’s pretty easy and there are multiple ways. I’ll describe the easiest and use the most commonly found ingredient which is 99% isopropyl alcohol or IPA...

I've read some post of 2009 about harmala red (#47, 48, 76, 78 ), formed by harmalas and alcohol, and in those days it was considered a degradation of the harmalas, with a big question mark of affecting the potency (to whatever extend between 0 and 100%). Has the jury come to a conclusion about that meanwhile? The changa essays indicate activity, but was the activity impacted by the solvent to a degree? Is that still a question mark, or has there been (4 years later now) a definite verdict about the harmala red mystery?

SHroomtroll
#31 Posted : 7/26/2013 1:17:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always use acetone for my changa, it evaps quicker than ipa and just is easier to get for me...

Although harmalas isnt really solvable in it but i just mix my mix good and its usually pretty good.

Aegle
#32 Posted : 7/27/2013 3:52:22 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

SHroomtroll wrote:
I always use acetone for my changa, it evaps quicker than ipa and just is easier to get for me...

Although harmalas isnt really solvable in it but i just mix my mix good and its usually pretty good.

SHroomtroll

I also only use acetone for my Changa infusions, it truly works like a charm.

Much Peace and Happiness
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Observant
#33 Posted : 7/31/2013 7:12:45 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Greatthread oly.
Just a little adittion :--I think lavender buds can be fermented which makes them considerably more tasty to smoke, try it Smile
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

olympus mon
#34 Posted : 8/3/2013 9:49:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Observant wrote:
Greatthread oly.
Just a little adittion :--I think lavender buds can be fermented which makes them considerably more tasty to smoke, try it Smile

Great tip, how do you go about fermenting them? Thanks.Smile

chocobeastie
#35 Posted : 8/4/2013 6:53:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Also, I think it is best to put lavendar in the coffee grinder till it goes quite fluffy. I've found that only around 5% of the herbs as lavendar works well, and I haven't gone beyond that.

soulman
#36 Posted : 8/5/2013 2:54:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey OM

Appreciate your work Thumbs up
I was wondering if you could provide details on how you made your palo santo blend please?
That sounds like something i would like to work with.
You have to go within or you go without

smokerx
#37 Posted : 8/6/2013 9:12:39 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

Thank you for all that hard work OM Thumbs up
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

Chairman MAO
#38 Posted : 11/16/2013 8:37:40 PM

Writing the little red book of life...

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
in a low dose it can help one surrender to the experience (from what i hear)

i would start with a small batch, low ratio of datura.

if that works you can slowly up the ratio of datura (keep the batches small so you can experiment) to where it feels most comfortable, and then you can start making reasonably sized batches.

if you start off with a small batch with a low ratio of datura, and decide you don't like it, there is minimal waste.

Bümp.

I'd just really like to stress that Datura is no joke, alkaloid concentration varies from plant to plant and we're talking about a set of highly toxic alkaloids here.

Don't try and mess with this scary hallucinogen/deliriants without doing the proper research, including reading terrifying stories of people who abuse powerful deliriants as a weed substitute or reports like this one.

Unless you want to stand face to face with death in some sort of naive heroic standoff, don't go there.

Note: I'm not saying it's deadly and impossible to mix in some Datura, but it's like saying a lighter can't be dangerous because the flame is small. Try lighting your hair or burning your finger as long as possible. Yeah.

Thanks for your consideration,
be safe.
The Chairman
In my country, the legal go-to psychoactive substance is ethanol. Sometimes my friends get wasted and tell the craziest stories about how they go out at night to harvest strange grasses in the light of the full moon. They claim to meet elves, white light and jaguars. These are their stories.

SMAOLK ZEBONG
Mon Ami, if you lose your inhibition we can take some extasy and DANCE!

liklyut
#39 Posted : 11/19/2013 12:35:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GREAT post!
Lovely work, good info here. Big Up for it Smile

Olympus Mon, could you give more detailed description on how do you apply your nice smelling infusions into Changa? Also, it's quite tricky to get 99% IPA here, would drinking alkohol, like vodka, work for it?

Thanks

dooby
#40 Posted : 12/4/2013 10:12:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for this thread OM...

Just wondering if there are any alternatives for IPA besides acetone when it comes to dissolving some harmine freebase...

I'd also like to know how you put palo santo into your blends... I have some palo santo powder which I think is too fine to use as such - should I dissolve it with the spice or the harmine?

I have a basic spice/mullein blend (2:1 ratio) and 20+ herbs/flowers that I'm still getting acquainted with so each bong I smoke gets it's own addmixture until I develop a sense of what each herb tastes like and how it affects the experience...

Some of the less "popular" herbs I intend to try are red clover flowers, raspberry leaves, jasmine flowers, roman camomile flowers... I'll share my experiences with these when the time comes...

PLUR
My avatar was taken from google images and is actually a work of art by NEIL GIBSON, credit where credit is due!

Bodies don't have souls - souls have bodies

Old enough to know better, young enough to try again

PREV1234NEXT