We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ancotar's Adventures With Mushrooms Options

Ancotar
#1 Posted : 11/26/2013 1:16:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wish I would have done a pic documentary from the very beginning of this process, but better late than never I suppose!

Here are some pics of my setup as it is right now (Yes, it is VERY small I know, this will very soon be corrected Pleased ) and some of the buddies that have decided to come out and play! This is my first what is turning out to be a very successful grow! Smile

Enjoy!

Ancotar attached the following image(s):
IMAG0075.JPG (1,812kb) downloaded 201 time(s).
IMAG0076.JPG (2,158kb) downloaded 201 time(s).
IMAG0077.JPG (1,788kb) downloaded 199 time(s).
IMAG0078.JPG (2,184kb) downloaded 200 time(s).
IMAG0079.JPG (1,808kb) downloaded 201 time(s).
IMAG0080.JPG (1,970kb) downloaded 199 time(s).
"We speak of Time and Mind, which do not easily yield to catagories. We separate past and future and find that Time is an amalgam of both. We separate good and evil and find that Mind is an amalgam of both. To understand, we must grasp the whole." -Isaac Asimov

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger." -Buddha

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain." -Paul Atreides, while being tested with the Gom Jabbar by the Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ancotar
#2 Posted : 11/27/2013 3:47:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Update as of 11/27/2013:

IMAG0076.JPG (1,517kb) downloaded 160 time(s).
IMAG0077.JPG (1,756kb) downloaded 160 time(s).
IMAG0078.JPG (1,679kb) downloaded 159 time(s).
IMAG0079.JPG (1,578kb) downloaded 160 time(s).
IMAG0080.JPG (2,122kb) downloaded 159 time(s).
IMAG0081.JPG (1,947kb) downloaded 158 time(s).
"We speak of Time and Mind, which do not easily yield to catagories. We separate past and future and find that Time is an amalgam of both. We separate good and evil and find that Mind is an amalgam of both. To understand, we must grasp the whole." -Isaac Asimov

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger." -Buddha

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain." -Paul Atreides, while being tested with the Gom Jabbar by the Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

Elpo
#3 Posted : 11/27/2013 4:53:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking good. Congrats on your beautiful little buddies Big grin
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

3rdI
#4 Posted : 11/27/2013 4:57:49 PM

veni, vidi, spici

very coolThumbs up

Its small but looks nice and simple, does your humidity hose thing just go into the stones?
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Ancotar
#5 Posted : 11/27/2013 9:27:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the compliments! They really are something, arn't they? Pleased

3rdi,

Yes, I am using a layer of expanded clay pellets and the hoses go in underneath into the water reservoir where fresh air is pumped in. The idea there is a "filter" of sorts for the air coming in to help minimize contams. I am using a beefy little air pump there, it's made for about 30 - 40 gallon tanks and it has been doing a very good job with FAE.

I chose to use expanded clay pellets as I am under the impression these can be sterilized and reused many times. Perlite seemed a little too labor intensive with having to change it out and replace with fresh new perlite after every grow.

I am currently researching bulk methods right now. May be doing a straw/poo process here soon after I get a bit more comfortable with growing these fantastic little organisms. Smile

Ancotar
#6 Posted : 11/28/2013 4:01:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First flush has been harvested, LC has been made. I used the inside of the stem for a sample so as to cut out as much contam risk as possible. Yes, it is laying on my counter, but what you do not see is it was just wiped down and cleaned with IPA. Pleased

IMAG0076.JPG (1,696kb) downloaded 127 time(s).
IMAG0077.JPG (1,888kb) downloaded 128 time(s).
IMAG0078.JPG (1,758kb) downloaded 125 time(s).
IMAG0079.JPG (1,548kb) downloaded 125 time(s).

#7 Posted : 11/28/2013 4:23:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

That whole pmp style tub, it's such a great setup for cakes. Both times I grew I used the fish pump, bubble wands on the bottom with hoses and that hydroton rock. Hydroton rock is wonderful. Holds humdity very well! (not like perlite doesn't hehe).

The cakes look wonderful! Next time you need to scale it up, so afew more frends can join the party hehe. Big grin

much love,
tat

3rdI
#8 Posted : 11/28/2013 4:25:38 PM

veni, vidi, spici

looking sweet Ancotar, but whats an LC?
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

Ancotar
#9 Posted : 11/28/2013 4:39:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry, LC is liquid culture. Smile

I made the liquid culture out of organic honey/distilled water mix.

I prefer Karo corn syrup to be honest, but this will suffice until I can get more. Pleased

Now that I have the LC made and if it hopefully turns out okay with no contaminations, the LC will be used in future bulk grows and then I can start playing around with this mushroom gummy bear tek I found awhile back.

From what I remember, he didn't quite get it right, but I want to play with this to see if I can make something fun. Smile

Here's the original Mushroom Gummy Bear post I ran across: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=358613#post358613

3rdI
#10 Posted : 11/28/2013 4:40:59 PM

veni, vidi, spici

cheers and good luckThumbs up
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

Ancotar
#11 Posted : 12/4/2013 7:24:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

2nd Flush. The three uncovered BRF cakes are actually still on their first. A little slower than the rest of the group but I figure they will arrive when they are ready. Pleased

IMAG0085.JPG (1,710kb) downloaded 82 time(s).
IMAG0086.JPG (1,714kb) downloaded 81 time(s).
IMAG0087.JPG (1,589kb) downloaded 82 time(s).
IMAG0088.JPG (1,738kb) downloaded 84 time(s).