We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV456
All About Aya <3 Options

dreamer042
#101 Posted : 10/19/2012 6:24:45 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

LionDragon wrote:
All right, so I just finished the third boil and ended up using the T-shirt tea-bag method you suggested. Using powdered MHRB and B. caapi, I'm already learning, is a pain to deal with. In the future I'll be looking to explore shredded ingredients. That said the tea-bag method worked very well with the MHRB!

I brewed 1 pound (~454 grams) of B. caapi and 15 grams of MHRB. I don't plan to consume all the MHRB brew at once; I just wanted to make sure I had more than enough to test the waters and slowly increase my dosage if needed.

For my first experience I'm going to consume the B. caapi by itself, and I'm wondering how to properly measure it since I made so much at once. I want to try 50 grams my first time so am I correct in thinking 1/9th of my reduced brew will be roughly equal to 50 grams? I definitely don't want to overdo it.

Very excited to finally meet Mother Aya; I studied all aspects of both DMT and Aya for 2 years before my first DMT extraction and it's been over a year since then. I've had several profound journeys and finally feel ready to go deeper than ever before. I can't thank you all enough for making this possible.

I love this community!

Yep, you are correct that 1/9 of your brew will be ~=50g. Good call on making extra and starting with straight caapi and slowly working your way up to adding admixture, that really the best way to start out imo.

Sounds like you got it all down. I wish you much growth and healing from your work with the medicine. Smile

haapi trails

Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

LionDragon
#102 Posted : 10/20/2012 3:23:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks dreamer!

I started last night with about 50 grams of B. caapi and after half an hour of feeling nothing I decided to double the dose and add just a bit more on top of that, coming out to about 120 grams total. I ended up feeling very strange, like all the physical feelings and emotional thoughts were being very gently pulled away from me and I had no control over it. I didn't experience any visuals or anything too profound, just very mellow and warm feelings that seemed to constantly influx and recede. I ended up falling asleep after 2 and half hours and today I feel a perpetual state of "DMT smoking afterglow" - that gentle euphoria the resides deep within the core of one's being after coming back from an intense hyperspace journey. I felt very slight nausea at about an hour and a half into the experience but it went away by about 2 hours into it. Needless to say I didn't purge out of either end and my bowel movement was pretty normal today.

Does all of that sound about right for a vine-only experience? Admittedly I'm somewhat worried I didn't make it strong enough as I didn't acidify my boils. I definitely felt something though and am going to try the same amount combined with 3 grams of MHRB brew to start this weekend and go from there.

Soy sauce
#103 Posted : 11/15/2012 6:30:16 PM

Learn to love, Live to learn

Wow.. well, I had some questions prior to reading this amazing thread. And.. now, I really don't!
I don't know much about aya at all, besides from reading things here and there in this forum, but.. it seems as though you've compiled every bit of important information right here!
Amazing Ms. Minxx! I'm very grateful to have read this prior to really deciding or not if I want to have a go with this medicine.

I've decided to grow all of the plants I need for this process. Will that even work, for me, in the climate I'm in? I don't rightfully know yet. But, to me, that's just another part of the process.
And, regardless, I think if I decide to go anywhere else to read more on this subject, it seems like I'll just be reading more of what you've wrote, again and again. NOT that that's a bad thing, at all. That's just more reinforcement.

Thanks for taking the time to write this up. It's really made me think more about this, and, understand things I didn't fully get, yet. It'll be months before I even get to attemp to make this, so, time's not really an issue here. I'll get to read alot more over the coming months, but, you've summed up all of the basics in a nice, neat package.

Love
Super Radical wrote:
Naww. MJ sandwich is the way to go the first time.
Then next time after the WTFOMG moment, realize your ready to changa things up.

It's more special that way.

'DMT is not one of our irrational illusions. What we experience in the presence of DMT is real news. It is a nearby dimension-- frightening, transformative, and beyond our powers to imagine, and yet to be explored in the usual way. We must send fearless experts, whatever that may come to mean, to explore and to report on what they find.' - Terence McKenna

DeDao
#104 Posted : 3/4/2013 11:46:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. I am going to be encountering ayahuasca for the first time in my life and I hold this thread to high standards and will use the information sparingly.

Thank you again.
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

kendo
#105 Posted : 10/10/2013 9:39:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you.. wow really well written post just what I was looking for as I am preparing for my first aya experience, especially the bit about seeing the vine as a lover and bringing in a romantic candle, keeping the light separate,
WARNING: This Kendo character is a massive dreamer and all posts to be be taken as works of pure fiction

brokenChild
#106 Posted : 10/21/2013 9:52:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you kindly Miss Minx for a wonderful write-up. Just wanted to contribute a slight addition for those interested in more detailed/further exploration;

How to have an AMAZING Ayahuasca Experience Smile

Namaste Laughing

Chairman MAO
#107 Posted : 11/20/2013 5:49:11 PM

Writing the little red book of life...

Magnificent, thanks so much.

Love,
Mao
In my country, the legal go-to psychoactive substance is ethanol. Sometimes my friends get wasted and tell the craziest stories about how they go out at night to harvest strange grasses in the light of the full moon. They claim to meet elves, white light and jaguars. These are their stories.

SMAOLK ZEBONG
Mon Ami, if you lose your inhibition we can take some extasy and DANCE!

WalkingSpirit
#108 Posted : 11/25/2013 6:57:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If I choose to brew the mimosa for 9 hours as I do with the caapi, will it matter? Could it burn or lose potency?

I read this:
"-Warning #1: Mimosa *MUST* be brewed separately from the vine!! It is normal for a sediment to drop out of any brewed plant material after 24 hours or so; in the case of vine and leaves, the sediment may be consumed, but NOT in the case of Mimosa. It can be prepared in identical manner to the vine, only in a separate pot. After decanting for 24 hours, a dark sludge should fall out; the sludge is responsible for most of the ill feelings and bad experiences related to Mimosa. Decant, filter through pantyhose/cheesecloth, and pour into a sterilized jar. Do not drink the sludge!"

I will be refrigerating this stuff over night after I make it. I read about stuff falling out of mimosa when refrigerated. IS this before or after brewing, is there something I need to filter out of the reduced brew if refrigerated?

Can someone give me an egg whites tek? I'm worried about a premature purge although I rarely ever purge on pharma. I may use the tek on the visual diagram. And will I need to worry about decanting with the egg white tek?

universecannon
#109 Posted : 11/25/2013 10:44:55 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

You can brew them together but just let the brew sit overnight in the fridge and then siphon/pour the liquid off of the sediment that dropped to the bottom.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

WalkingSpirit
#110 Posted : 11/27/2013 9:37:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So it won't burn?

And guess I'll use the tek in the visual diagram thread, thanks.

WalkingSpirit
#111 Posted : 12/4/2013 3:51:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is there a scale for x water for every g of material?

Sky Motion
#112 Posted : 5/28/2014 12:33:08 AM

<3

thank you

thymamai
#113 Posted : 5/28/2014 5:15:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WalkingSpirit wrote:
Is there a scale for x water for every g of material?

to avoid caramelization I think the rule suggested by a few here was 150ml per 10g of vine. Basically just simmer (not boiling) your combined brew down to aprx half a cup or otherwise before it turns to a sludge.

didnt see that you asked this 6 months ago. :/ Probably got it down to a science by now.

HumbleTraveler
#114 Posted : 9/10/2014 6:19:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1:1 ratio by weight? So if there is 10g of vine used, one would use 10g of chacruna?

Also, what quantity in weight is appropriate for say 2-4 servings total? 10g of vine and 10g of leaves? 100:100g? 1 pound :1 pound? I have no idea
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

jamie
#115 Posted : 9/10/2014 2:44:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

1:1 ratio is for Peruvian grown viridis..not Hawaiian grown..

for 100g vine you would use 100g leaf at 1:1 ratio. Some people only use about 50g leaf. The 1:1 ratio is not something you have to follow, or always should follow.

10g vine is far too little.
Long live the unwoke.

Jonabark
#116 Posted : 9/13/2019 4:38:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have experience with psychedelics though mostly from many years ago. I recently did heavy doses of dried psyllis and still seem to be more tolerant than I would like . I want to try Aya and I want an intense experience.

I have some 30: 1 B Caapi concentrated yellow paste and 75 g of dry chacruna leaves. My plan is to take 5 g of 30:1 BC ( equal to 150 grams starting from raw vine) boiled for a few minutes for my first aya experiece, requesting some specific physical healing.

THIS PART EDITED FROM ORIGINAL POST: After considering the Aya only experience, my plan is to take the same or perhaps lesser dose of B C and boil the 75 grams chacruna. The visual diagram said the additive only needs to be boiled for an hour and a half, DOES THE CHACRUNA NEED TO BE FILTERED? Is 1/2 of the boiled C too small an amount of the chacruna tea?

tregar
#117 Posted : 9/28/2019 3:47:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, filtering is required, all questions answered here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=82030
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

mrdub
#118 Posted : 8/7/2021 12:40:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Is there any reason to do 3 separate boils, as opposed to just topping up the water. Does starting 3 times with clean water do something?

I've got 200g chaliponga leaves, 200g chakruna leaves and 400 aya leaves on the boil in separate pans right now, and just realised I don't have enough empty pots to store the washes, I'd need about 40l of spare pots! This got be thinking, what difference does it make if I just keep topping up the water in the simmering pans, I'll end up with 1/3 of the final amount of water to reduce which seems like another benefit.

Probably there is a reason, just I have no idea Smile

mrdub
#119 Posted : 8/7/2021 2:49:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

mrdub wrote:
Is there any reason to do 3 separate boils, as opposed to just topping up the water. Does starting 3 times with clean water do something?

I've got 200g chaliponga leaves, 200g chakruna leaves and 400 aya leaves on the boil in separate pans right now, and just realised I don't have enough empty pots to store the washes, I'd need about 40l of spare pots! This got be thinking, what difference does it make if I just keep topping up the water in the simmering pans, I'll end up with 1/3 of the final amount of water to reduce which seems like another benefit.

Probably there is a reason, just I have no idea Smile

Ask a question find the answer right away Embarrased

Starting with fresh water means you can pull more alkaloids out of the plant matter.

https://www.anoniem.org/...ead_of_3_shorter_ones.3F

The analogy is, if you have dirty clothes you wash them multiple times to get the dirt out, not just leave them longer in the dirty water.

MuteUSO
#120 Posted : 1/20/2023 12:21:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Many thanks for an amazing post and great discussion. I am currently in the process of doing my first caapi brew and followed the recipe. As always some questions popped up during the process. Maybe someone can chime in and help me out here.

1) Ph: in the recipe it is suggested that 1 tablespoon of white vinegar per liter water should be enough to get to the desired ph values of around 2.5-4. The first 3h brew I simply followed the tablespoon suggestion but for the second brew I figured I test the ph with some litmus paper. Doing that I found that I actually had to add around 4 tablespoons vinegar (8%) per liter to get to a ph of around 4. Am I getting/doing something wrong here? (Also more generally: if people talk of white vinegar they never specify a concentration - what is it that we are talking about - 5%, 8%, 25%?)

2) Filtering: it says to filter through a cotton shirt after each 3h brew. When doing this a lot of ‘sludge’ gets stuck in the shirt. How do you guys get that stuff back into the brew? I guess the idea here is to exactly catch this fine material and brew it again, right? I tried to scrape the shirt with a spoon, but can only get a little out.

3) I did not have time to do all three brews in one day. So I am doing them on consecutive days. I am wondering whether it makes sense to - after each 3h brew - keep the caapi in the water until I do the next 3h brew. Sort of giving it another 24 hour cold soak after each 3 hour cooking. Or is this somehow counterproductive?

Many thanks for your help and sorry if these questions come off as noob, I searched a lot of threads on the topic and these were never really answered.

«PREV456