We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Terence Mckenna - No shrooms since '88? NOT! [VIDEOPROOF] Options

Schwann Cybershama
#1 Posted : 11/27/2013 7:26:01 PM

Schwann Cybershaman

http://cognitionfactor.net/cinema/shroom96.html

I'm sorry I haven't posted this before, but although I'd known it was there, it's taken lots of motivation to find it amongst the hours of footage still to be published. I would like to add that I was with Terence during his trip, and that I published this fact in my book, 'Journey to Everywhere', in December 2012.

The intro by Dennis and my trip with Terence can be read for free here;

http://www.amazon.com/Jo...ries-ebook/dp/B00AMSDXAY

Peace

Schwann

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

inaniel
#2 Posted : 11/27/2013 7:39:57 PM

mas alla del mar

Why was it his last trip is what i would like to know. I read The Brotherhood of the Screaming Abyss and i didn't seem to find a definitive answer as to why he stopped, and i've only ever come across vague notions like "it showed it something he didn't want to know." i mean, reading through the reports from the aforementioned Dennis McKenna book as well as True Hallucinations, it's hard to believe anything could have shocked this man.

universecannon
#3 Posted : 11/27/2013 7:45:26 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

He had a really bad trip on mushrooms around 1988 and then took it easy with psychedelics in the following years. He would dose but i hear it was always low and infrequently, apart from some daily low-level lsd at times (and copious amounts of cannabis everyday, of course)

In the book the brotherhood of the screaming abyss dennis talks about how after finding the tumor in his brain they did take psilocybin together, but it was only a lower end dose then as well.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Elpo
#4 Posted : 11/27/2013 7:47:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When I had read the passage in Dennis McKenna's book I must admit I was surprised to hear this as well. You wouldn't expect this from someone who revered the mushroom in such a way that he did.

In the book it also states that Terence wasn't really willing to have a mushroom journey after he had found out about his disease. Dennis had to persuade him in trying it.

Nonetheless i think Terence was a great mind and I am grateful for his contribution to our world in the form of books and talks.

"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

Schwann Cybershama
#5 Posted : 11/27/2013 8:20:37 PM

Schwann Cybershaman

inaniel wrote:
Why was it his last trip is what i would like to know.

sorry, the satire got away from me..my point was only that Terence's 'last trip' wasn't in '88. I know this from personal experience with T.

Read all about it in the link above... Journey to Everywhere - free