We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
War on Consciousness Options

Infinite I
#1 Posted : 4/13/2009 10:26:34 PM

JC

Cool, hes right of course.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

wake and bacon
#2 Posted : 4/13/2009 11:56:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Great clip, many thanks!!
DeadLizard wrote:
Darkbb wrote:
BTW wheres the "Donate" button traveler?

There are 2 ways to donate
one is called "Post Reply" and the other is called "New Topic"
You will find these buttons at the top and bottom of most pages

โ—‹
#3 Posted : 4/14/2009 12:03:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Nice! Have watched many videos, and read several books by hancock.

Have always liked the gist of what he talks about. Regardless of the criticism from some.

Short and to the point.

olderROM
#4 Posted : 4/21/2009 7:11:55 AM

Alfred

boo ya!
All of the posts made are hypothetical and for educatiunal/entertainmint purposes only. SWIM (a fictional chaaracter) and his activities are completely fictional.

soulfood
#5 Posted : 4/21/2009 7:25:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Hmm...

This guy always leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I once enjoyed a lecture I went to see of his which made me interested in his writings. Soon enough though, he started to wear a little thin on me. First of all because he runs away with myths to the extent where factual information is irrelevant to his hypotheses. Second and most of all, as displayed in this video is the "Us vs. them" syndrome.

I think the western world view on drugs is more one of the fear of the unknown in terms of health and safety. I don't think it's intentional to enslave our spiritual minds to only buy into the idealistic consumer state of mind.

You can get all the expansion of mind you need through self-education and discipline. The most spiritual beings among us abstain from any substance that disrupts their mental/physical components.

That said, such substances are handy tools and I hope some day soon the world wakes up to the fact they are not just idiot poison.

xantus
#6 Posted : 4/21/2009 9:17:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
You can get all the expansion of mind you need through self-education and discipline. The most spiritual beings among us abstain from any substance that disrupts their mental/physical components.

That said, such substances are handy tools and I hope some day soon the world wakes up to the fact they are not just idiot poison.

this has always been a niggling point with me.

you can attain states through self-discipline and practice
you can attain states through building a relationship with another entity (animal.. plant..)
but one is not a substitute for the other, you can and should do both.

'spiritual' people who shun healing plants or guiding spirits have probably not had a dialogue with them. it is something that must be practiced just as yoga must be practiced.

the only one who decides the merit of these states is the self...

โ—‹
#7 Posted : 4/21/2009 2:08:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

xantus wrote:
soulfood wrote:

this has always been a niggling point with me.

you can attain states through self-discipline and practice
you can attain states through building a relationship with another entity (anumal.. plant..)
but one is not a substitute for the other, you can and should do both.

'spiritual' people who shun healing plants or guiding spirits have probably not had a dialogue with them. it is something that must be practiced just as yoga must be practiced.

the only one who decides the merit of these states is the self...

Well said.. Smile

wake and bacon
#8 Posted : 4/24/2009 5:42:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm going to quote what I posted on this subject matter in another thread in hopes of... well... more discuission!

wake and bacon wrote:
The Infinite Abyss wrote:
Choosing to do something with that in our normal state of consiousness however, requires an entirely different discipline.

Precisely.

I tend to view it like so (in the sense of... glimpses of enlightenment achievable through entheogens) :

It is as if, when we take entheogens in order to find... whatever we want to find (our intent)... we, as humble little souls possessing minor "enlightened knowledge" are getting thrown into a PhD program with members (entities) of much higher intellect discussing, and often times attempting to SHARE, such profound things (ideas, truths, KNOWLEDGE, anything and everything of benefit to any one of us) with each other, and we are attempting to make sense of it all, to find resonance, in hopes of slowly becoming what you hope to be, or achieve (once again, your intent).

When we are thrown (maybe catapulted is a better way to put it Cool ) into this program, we are only able to [SOMETIMES] gain bits and pieces of a bigger picture. By continually using this method to find 'enlightenment' (once again, very general term here), we use these bits and pieces to slowly accumulate knowledge here and there, by doing our best to integrate what we perceive (thanks to entheogens) of this incredibly profound PhD program. This method is akin to trying to learn calculus with only basic math skills (2nd or 3rd grade level).

To achieve such profound knowledge and 'enlightenment' in our daily lives [without the help of any entheogens], we must, at a snail pace, take many, many classes, to ultimately reach this "PhD program". We then are able to fully understand the courseload, as it is no longer a courseload... but rather your life, encompassing every aspect of it. This is when true knowledge is gained.

I'm simply using education as a metaphor.

DeadLizard wrote:
Darkbb wrote:
BTW wheres the "Donate" button traveler?

There are 2 ways to donate
one is called "Post Reply" and the other is called "New Topic"
You will find these buttons at the top and bottom of most pages

Faust
#9 Posted : 4/25/2009 2:51:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pyx wrote:
Graham Hancock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxSffcy21Bc

check it out. just three quick minutes.

"This video has been removed by the user. "
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Sir Isaac Newton

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.