We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
defatting acacia confusa Options

concombres
#1 Posted : 10/30/2013 1:20:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There are alot of reports of extractions on a. Confusa resulting in a yellow goo. My own attempts brought the same problem but there was something strange about the extraction from the beginning that leads me to believe the goo/oil is plant fats.
While i was extracting there was a texture between the polar & non polar layers, not bubbly like an emulsion & it wasnt really a third layer, more something floating/sticking to one layer or the other.
I added more lye & it sort of broke up & clumped together & tuened the solvent white.
The solvent precippitated a white powder at room temp then became clear again.
My first thought was that i finally got a good pull but upon seeing powder precip & not crystals like usual, i assumed some lye was absorbed by the solvent & disposed of the whole jar of soup/solvent.

Has anyone else had this weird layer?
Or defatted & had better results?
Id really like to know what caused it & how to get nicer crystals from acacia since.mhrb is no longer an option.
The goo gave me a taste of what dmt is like & id really like to get the full effects.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

expandaneum
#2 Posted : 10/30/2013 6:41:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would clean it up first.

Just do your pulls then combine them and ad vinegar and water, shake very well, then decant the acidic water do this 3 times.

Ad lye to your acidic water pulls (should go white) and pull again with naphtha then proceed as usual.

This should lead to a very clean product with no color, although it might still contain nmt.

take care
Disclaimer:
All Expandeum's notes, messages, postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material submitted via this forum and or website are completely fictional and are not in any way based on real live experience.

concombres
#3 Posted : 10/31/2013 3:41:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

magic9 wrote:
Tryptamine420 wrote:
There are alot of reports of extractions on a. Confusa resulting in a yellow goo. My own attempts brought the same problem but there was something strange about the extraction from the beginning that leads me to believe the goo/oil is plant fats.
While i was extracting there was a texture between the polar & non polar layers, not bubbly like an emulsion & it wasnt really a third layer, more something floating/sticking to one layer or the other.
I added more lye & it sort of broke up & clumped together & tuened the solvent white.
My first thought was that i finally got a good pull but upon seeing powder precip & not crystals like usual, i assumed some lye was absorbed by the solvent & disposed of the whole jar of soup/solvent.

Has anyone else had this weird layer?
Or defatted & had better results?
Id really like to know what caused it & how to get nicer crystals from acacia since.mhrb is no longer an option.
The goo gave me a taste of what dmt is like & id really like to get the full effects.

i just did a basic STB on 200g of ACRB, pulled with 100mL naphtha @ 115F X 6 and evap'd. resulting in this: http://oi43.tinypic.com/167seti.jpg

Looks exactly like what i got with an a/b but i had alot less crystals/flakes & alot more yellow oil.
My bark may have just been weak or it may be trunk bark sold as root bark.
The low yeild may have also been due to the fact that it was my first extraction.
Next time ill defat first & re x with water & vinegar.

Entheogenerator
#4 Posted : 10/31/2013 8:53:35 PM

Homo discens

I have gotten nice white crystals every time I have used ACRB and done a defat step, similar to the one mentioned above. Next time, don't throw anything out! Even if there's a problem or you have made a mistake, there is almost always a way to correct it and finish the extraction successfully. Lye- contaminated solvent is a problem that is extremely easy to fix with a simple sodium carbonate wash.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

soulman
#5 Posted : 11/15/2013 6:04:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OK, so am new to acacia.
I did an A/B and my first pull had a few white fluffy crystals, but the bowl was covered with a clear sticky layer.
I scraped it all up and after a day or so it dried to a waxy substance (see picture)
Its active but not very potent, and it tastes very weird.
Is there a way to de-fat once you have extracted and are left with this wax?
soulman attached the following image(s):
IMAG0610.jpg (2,335kb) downloaded 1,326 time(s).
You have to go within or you go without

Entheogenerator
#6 Posted : 11/15/2013 8:42:16 PM

Homo discens

soulman wrote:

This should clean up your extract pretty well:

-Redissolve extract in non-polar solvent
-Prepare an acidic solution with a pH of approx. 4
-Add the alkaloid-containing solvent and mix very thoroughly
-Separate solvent (alkaloids have now been removed and it contains only plant fats and oils)
-Basify acidic aqueous solution (that now contains your alkaloids) to approx. pH 12
-Add fresh non-polar solvent to aqueous solution
-Mix very thoroughly
-Remove non-polar solvent that now contains your alkaloids
-Evaporate or freeze-precipitate

May take a little while, but I have always yielded nice white crystals from ACRB when I have incorporated this defat step into my extraction.
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

soulman
#7 Posted : 11/15/2013 8:51:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entheogenerator wrote:
soulman wrote:

This should clean up your extract pretty well:

-Redissolve extract in non-polar solvent
-Prepare an acidic solution with a pH of approx. 4
-Add the alkaloid-containing solvent and mix very thoroughly
-Separate solvent (alkaloids have now been removed and it contains only plant fats and oils)
-Basify acidic aqueous solution (that now contains your alkaloids) to approx. pH 12
-Add fresh non-polar solvent to aqueous solution
-Mix very thoroughly
-Remove non-polar solvent that now contains your alkaloids
-Evaporate or freeze-precipitate

May take a little while, but I have always yielded nice white crystals from ACRB when I have incorporated this defat step into my extraction.

Thanks alot man,

Appreciate your input. I shall give that a go and let you know how i get on.

soulman
#8 Posted : 11/16/2013 12:15:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Think i made a boo-boo.
I dissolved in 95% grain alcohol, added to vinegar solution and mixed, but the solution is not separating into layers, so cannot discard the fats!
Ive put it in the freezer for now, hoping the water will freeze and i can pour off the alcohol.

On a side note, swim tried some of the fluffy white crystals he got from a subsequent pull.
A little disappointing. There were some visuals similar to mhrb extraction, but they were very dim and almost no existant. No audio-hallucinations. Body load was somewhat more pleasant that mhrb, rather like a swirling hug compared to the juddery dance of jurema.
OEV were different. With jurema, the room dances back and forth before disintegrating, but this just made it hard to focus on anything and the room remained intact.

Ive read that acrb can contain higher levels of nmt, and i suspect that this is case with this extraction. Has anyone else noted a difference in experience between the two plant extracts?
SWIM doesnt wanna give up too early on acacia, but from the initial reports it seems like he favours mhrb!

Entheogenerator
#9 Posted : 11/16/2013 9:56:41 PM

Homo discens

soulman wrote:
Think i made a boo-boo.
I dissolved in 95% grain alcohol, added to vinegar solution and mixed, but the solution is not separating into layers, so cannot discard the fats!
Ive put it in the freezer for now, hoping the water will freeze and i can pour off the alcohol.

On a side note, swim tried some of the fluffy white crystals he got from a subsequent pull.
A little disappointing. There were some visuals similar to mhrb extraction, but they were very dim and almost no existant. No audio-hallucinations. Body load was somewhat more pleasant that mhrb, rather like a swirling hug compared to the juddery dance of jurema.
OEV were different. With jurema, the room dances back and forth before disintegrating, but this just made it hard to focus on anything and the room remained intact.

Ive read that acrb can contain higher levels of nmt, and i suspect that this is case with this extraction. Has anyone else noted a difference in experience between the two plant extracts?
SWIM doesnt wanna give up too early on acacia, but from the initial reports it seems like he favours mhrb!

Yea, that method I posted was intended for use with a non-polar solvent. VM&P Naphtha is the one I have used with good results. I'm not sure that the solution will separate by freezing, but it might work.

I have heard that ACRB may contain high levels of NMT, but I haven't had any problems with NMT in my experience with ACRB. If you suspect that your final product might contain a lot of NMT, this method seems like an effective means of precipitating NMT out of your product.

skoobysnax
#10 Posted : 11/17/2013 5:49:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I did two acrb extractions, one was a tek called elfspice. Basically an a/b with a defat but skipped the sodium carb wash stage. Got tan goo from that and it is still in a jar until I decide to re-x it. The second was from the same batch of bark using Thick light's tek, no defat, with ice cream salt added to the acid phase before basing. I added 1 sodium carb wash to clean the Naptha. It produced a fluffy white needlepoints that crashed out at room temp and some decent globes in the freezer with the remaining solvent that were slightly waxy but white. I did 2 heptane re-x and tried it but the potency was like what soulman describes. I read that NMT is difficult to crystalize but I think the salting did something to aid it.

I am thinking of trying that dry ice tek on 1/2 of these crystals and see. It might be interesting to add some of the NMT heavy spice to some mhrb spice to see what kind f synergy happens. I did vape some mhrb spice in my machine behind the acrb and it was really intense and seemed to last longer. I thought I had experience a shift in space and time and that the world would be vastly changed when I came back and there was an entity cataloging souls in an archive.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

soulman
#11 Posted : 11/18/2013 2:01:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the info guys.
I dont really have access to the material required to try and separate nmt/dmt, needless to say, i suspect the extract was predominantly nmt, as it was a very different feel and a lot dmt features (that one experiences with mhrb extraction) were absent.

I did read somewhere, that the afterglow with nmt is a little longer, which may account for why your experience lasted longer skoobysnax?

I like your idea of adding with mhrb extract to see how they work together, but as for working with it on its own, i didnt get a great deal from.

Shall report back when this occurs Thumbs up

--Shadow
#12 Posted : 3/4/2014 6:14:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it possible to defat with xylene?
Throughout recorded time and long before, trees have stood as sentinels, wise yet silent, patiently accumulating their rings while the storms of history have raged around them --The living wisdom of trees, Fred Hageneder

starway6
#13 Posted : 3/6/2014 4:56:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With ..acacia..I have found that when my final product starts becomming more sticky or waxy
I add more lye and salt to base.. then my next pulls are much more clean and dry with nice white crystals ..and thats without doing a defat.. and not having access to a freezer just refrigeration ..[about 40 degrees]..

The question is...how much lye is too much/

starway6
#14 Posted : 3/6/2014 5:08:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

first photo..shows my best results after adding more salt and lye to base before pulling...

second photo shows next pull without adding anything to base ..it has many crystals everywhere but much oil under crystals...

third photo this mornings pull much better but because not adding any extra lye or salt it is less oily than second photo decent crystals but some wax comming with crystals...

only using refrigeration at ..40 degrees..and no defatting...

starway6 attached the following image(s):
DSC08405.JPG (3,043kb) downloaded 1,081 time(s).
DSC08413.JPG (3,146kb) downloaded 1,077 time(s).
DSC08429.JPG (3,106kb) downloaded 1,081 time(s).

--Shadow
#15 Posted : 3/7/2014 1:51:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice starway6 Thumbs up

What species of Acacia was that from?
Throughout recorded time and long before, trees have stood as sentinels, wise yet silent, patiently accumulating their rings while the storms of history have raged around them --The living wisdom of trees, Fred Hageneder

null24
#16 Posted : 3/7/2014 4:26:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Totally off subject. Shadow-is your avatar an entity you've encountered? It looks exactly like the Alien Therapist that sucked a bunch of pain out of me last week. Seriously.

Somewhat on topic- it's interesting to me that many of the questions I've had regarding my most recent extractions with ACRB have been posted and answered by others as I encounter the issues. I guess more and more folks are working with this plant. Well nail this sucker down, together.Thumbs up
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

--Shadow
#17 Posted : 3/7/2014 9:14:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Shadow-is your avatar an entity you've encountered? It looks exactly like the Alien Therapist that sucked a bunch of pain out of me last week. Seriously.

null24, the only entity I have experienced (using ACRB full spectrum) was a motherly figure with crossed arms like holding a baby. The avatar is me. I wasn't aware of 'shadow' entities people have reported seeing when I chose my name and avatar.

...thou...I'll be conducting some pain extractions from my spaceship this weekend Twisted Evil

Travling Tommy
#18 Posted : 3/7/2014 9:17:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

On subject...Defatting Works fineSmile
Im a liar.
Everything i say or write is a lie, or imagination.
The pictures that i post here are either stolen or manipulated.
I am a bad person.

iAwakenU
#19 Posted : 3/10/2014 2:46:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tryptamine420 wrote:

Hmm... so if a yield is more powdery than crystal it's likely to be the NaOH? can anyone confirm or deny this? I need to know before I either dispose of or use the last batch of mine... its white and i thought it was just really fine crystals but could be described as sand or powder...
Smile. Life is too short to be anything but happy.
Love is my religion.

All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.
All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.
I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

DreaMTripper
#20 Posted : 3/10/2014 8:41:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do a mini AB then youll know dont throw it away it sounds just like very small crystals.

Many acacia have essential oils also which maybe the clear oil some people see, harmless but inactive and may have alkaloids dissolved in it so a mini AB will pull them out however this may still lead to a NMT/DMT/Betacarboline goo.

The viscous yellow oil and clear oil Ive seen in other acacia (longifolia, verticallata, pycantha) appears to be some sort of plant oil that again may contain dissolved alkaloids, its insoluble in IPA or naptha and floats on water..biosssay proved inconclusive as no effects were felt and it ignited easily and crackled and popped.

EDIT my experience relates to other acacia not ACRB so is merely speculation so have ammended my post to reflect that.

12NEXT