We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Rue not working... Options

Jox
#1 Posted : 11/3/2013 2:41:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

we are having very frustrating time with the switch from caapi to rue.

To make the long story short it seems that the only time rue worked one time for us, is when we did only 2 washes with water and stopped on ph 8,95, or close to 9. ( The reason was to preserve all the alkaloids)

After that I did second extraction and washed to ph7 and had "cleaner" product but didn't work.

After that I went to salt manske and came to beautiful white crystals, but it didn't work.

Very week trips... Just now, my partner is coming out of the trip that lasted 2 hours and no any visuals, or many other body sensations that we are used to with caapi.

We thought the problem was our Mimosa brew, but now it is clear that it is not, since we went to the exact way we did before: so the conclusion is that the rue extraction is off.

I will do tomorrow the session but I am convinced that the manske harmalas are not good enough, he just took amost 5 g worth rue in crystals... and nothing...

Does anybody has any idea what is going on? I like the price of rue, but this is not working at all.

EDIT:
I think that the quantity is small we are taking, which is 3g of rue in extraction, even though, Danesh took 4,5g this night and almost nothing happened, so tomorrow I plan on taking 6g in extraction.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#2 Posted : 11/3/2013 3:28:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

rue is much stonger than caapi, and has a little bit more of a stoning and psychedelic effect also in my experience..so I don't know what is up with your rue..but from what you said about yields in a different thread recently, it seems possible that your harmalas are not as clean as you suspect.

IME if you don't clean manske crystals there can be heavy salt contamination..and also IME the more salt contam the larger and more crystalline the crystals appear, making some possibly assume it is more pure than really pure stuff. Manske crys

I know how much contam is in the freebase because I generally don't work with freebase harmalas and have only done that tek once or twice due to loss in yields.
Long live the unwoke.

Jox
#3 Posted : 11/3/2013 3:39:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jaime,

it is actually the dirtiest the better, as I wrote. It's only when I started "cleaning it up" that rue lost its strength.

Also I got pretty scared that "rue is stronger", and so far has been MUCH weaker.

Jox

jamie
#4 Posted : 11/3/2013 4:23:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

well..try a rue tea vs caapi tea. I can guarantee the rue will be far stronger weight wise.

Part of why I don't do the base precipitation teks on rue is that I lose a lot of yield and just had sodium carbonate contam. While some don't have this problem it put me off of those teks.
Long live the unwoke.

The Unknowing
#5 Posted : 11/3/2013 11:39:52 PM

Life is a dream, the heart a compass

Just powderise the rue seeds in a coffee grinder. Mix it in with a small amount of water and drink it? 3g of rue is easy to swallow and kicks in within 20-30 mins IME.

Why make things more difficult than they need to be?
The Universe is Breathing
As Above, So Below, As Within, So Without ~ message from the divine

shanedudddy2
#6 Posted : 11/4/2013 4:09:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Because rue tastes terrrrrible and is nausea inducing Pleased at least that's why I extract freebase.
I can also use it sublingually as well.

universecannon
#7 Posted : 11/4/2013 4:40:31 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

OneEye, just eating the seeds like that can cause a lot of unnecessary nausea and stomach discomfort in some people. Besides, brewing is quick and simple.

I prefer a brew but harmalas are also very very useful/versatile.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

The Unknowing
#8 Posted : 11/4/2013 8:55:09 AM

Life is a dream, the heart a compass

I've never got any nausea. But fair enough. It works for me. My stomach is used to breaking down foreign substances.
The Universe is Breathing
As Above, So Below, As Within, So Without ~ message from the divine

universecannon
#9 Posted : 11/4/2013 10:45:02 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

You've never had nausea from rue? In really psychedelic doses, even without DMT, its pretty much a guarentee with rue or caapi lol...even with crystal clear harmalas, as the dose keeps going up everyone will get nausea eventually. If you don't get any at a psychedelic dose then your very lucky.

I don't get stomache discomfort from eating the seeds either but some do. When I drink the sediment of the brew or eat the seeds the nausea/sick feeling has a tendency to be more intense though.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Jox
#10 Posted : 11/10/2013 12:39:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pooooof,

after so long we found our dose of harmalas from rue: it is 7g of rue extracted after menske, (+ 2g of Mimo) and this give us a good 4 hours in bed without being able to open the eyes and without standing up, which we consider as a sign that we are "with it".

In all the amount of harmalas is the same as from caapi. I can't give the exact mg # since I my scale broke down.

take care all
JOx