We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Member Medals Options

Infinite I
#21 Posted : 4/22/2009 8:32:20 PM

JC

Know what you mean just find it ironic that Coatl is asking for such a thing after saying a week or so ago these things dont matter.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

acolon_5
#22 Posted : 4/22/2009 8:35:26 PM

The Great Namah

Infinite I wrote:

Fair enough with folks who are chemists and what have you but is it going to be this elitist type stuff you see on other forums, look at me ive got a shiny wee thing next to my name, my ranks through the roof, im popular! Rolling eyes

Yeah I don't think the little icons are meant to be a status symbol...just an identifier. Even the post "ranks" are just for fun.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Infinite I
#23 Posted : 4/22/2009 8:58:24 PM

JC

Aye I get that now, as I said I just find it strange whos asking for such a thing after they said these things dont matter.

Jorkest
#24 Posted : 4/22/2009 9:06:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

i guess thats probably enough..dont need to keep bashing Coatl...for something that is just for fun anyway...and im also sure that everyone does and says things that they contradict later..it happens..nobody here is perfect..
it's a sound

970Codfert
#25 Posted : 4/23/2009 12:51:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Soooooo where do I find a key that shows what the little icon under their name means?
All posts are fictional.

Fatcat
#26 Posted : 4/23/2009 1:32:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

970Codfert wrote:
Soooooo where do I find a key that shows what the little icon under their name means?

I believe it's:
Shield = Trusted Member
Beaker = Trusted Chemist
Sward = Travler
By allowing this message to pass through your cornea, into your retina, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer regarding my posts that they are a complete falsification by doing so freeing me of all liability, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental that may arise from the instillation of this post in your memory bank.

Jorkest
#27 Posted : 4/23/2009 2:43:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

i think the shield is a Mod
it's a sound

970Codfert
#28 Posted : 4/23/2009 5:00:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool thanks, I wasn't sure how many symbols there were
All posts are fictional.

smokeydaze
#29 Posted : 4/23/2009 1:07:25 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

The Traveler wrote:
smokeydaze wrote:
Voyager: 300
Astral Planer: 600
Infinite Being: 1,500

I like those ones, the Buddha however is a bit too much (semi-)religion for me.

The ranks have been added.

Awesome, they are however patented by me and as a result I'll be expecting a check for $5000 on the first of every month (evil laugh). By the way, that and the Buddha idea were jokes. Smile
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

rellik
#30 Posted : 4/23/2009 2:36:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i believe that traveler has a graph under his name
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

smokeydaze
#31 Posted : 4/23/2009 3:08:39 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

or a map ?
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

pyx
#32 Posted : 4/23/2009 3:43:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

smokeydaze wrote:
or a map ?

it is most certainly a map.

if you aren't sure what those little icons are, you can right-click them and select properties. the filename for the icon will come up, it tends to describe the icon. the traveler's, for example is map.png

'Coatl
#33 Posted : 4/23/2009 5:08:09 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
Coatl deserves the medal..

Thank Jorkest!

Quote:
And it is pathetic because everybody around here knows coatl and what he's worth for sooo.....what difference a graphical representation of a wee medal or something would make?

Your not bitching cause you have one! I just want a cool little cacti metal! Smile

Quote:

The idea of the medals is to identify the expertises of a person. E.g. If someone has a chemical experts icon that means you can ask that person a questions about chemistry and have a good change to get a decent answer you can trust to be correct.

So your telling me people shouldn't ask me botanical questions? Everyone else without metals knows just as much as me about botanicals?

I think I have proven I know a good bit about botanicals ( a fair bit more than than the average member here at the nexus, I'd say) and since I know basically nothing about chemistry, I figured if I had a little botanical metal I'd get more botanical question directed at me (which I love).

I mean, if somebody wants cactus info on the nexus, they ask me or read my threads... hell I'm about the only one that even posts about botanicals! If you removed all my posts the Nexus would be fairly devoid of most ethnobotanical (except those relating to chemistry) posts! When I came here... most people had a very basic knowledge of Cacti which I believe I expanded. I have contributed much time and effort into making my posts for the Nexus. For this... I think I should get a metal, even if I'm not correct ALL THE TIME (people make mistakes!) I can still help direct people along the correct path!

Quote:
Know what you mean just find it ironic that Coatl is asking for such a thing after saying a week or so ago these things dont matter.

They certainly don't matter in the big scheme of things!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

'Coatl
#34 Posted : 4/23/2009 5:11:03 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Hey... is it "Metals" or "Medals"???
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

'Coatl
#35 Posted : 4/23/2009 5:50:44 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
As I said before, 'Coatl hasn't earned that yet and begging for an icon won't change that.

I'm not begging or demanding, just asking.

The "Pleeeeeeeeeease" thing was more of a joke, than anything.

I'm just presenting my case that MAYBE I should get a medal.

Give it to me when you think I deserve it.

Quote:
everybody around here knows coatl and what he's worth for sooo.....what difference a graphical representation of a wee medal or something would make?

So the noobs won't don't know anybody yet will PM me and ask me the botanical questions instead of 100 people posting "How do I prepare Cactus?"

If they want to know how to EXTRACT cactus... well I bet they'll PM one of the chemistry guys! Do y'all see what I'm saying?

acolon_5
#36 Posted : 4/23/2009 5:56:08 PM

The Great Namah

Is it time to close this thread yet?
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

'Coatl
#37 Posted : 4/23/2009 6:42:25 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Sad

I'd also like to thank everyone at the Nexus for the wealth of information that I have learned from my time here.

There are others who I think should have the botanical medal as well... Phlux, probably 69ron for botanical too, even tho he has one for chemistry as well, just to name a few.

I'll post a list of people in the 1st post of this thread who should possibly receive different types of medals.

Let's use this thread to nominate people for medals.

I'd also say that you must have at least 500 post to get a medal!!!

'Coatl
#38 Posted : 4/23/2009 6:49:08 PM

Teotzlcoatl

And, um... why the hell doesn't Jorkest have a medal?! Give him the first botanical medal!

I nominate Jorkest for the 1st botanical medal!

Oh, please make it a Cactus! Or I suppose you could let Jorkest choice... maybe a Psychotria leaf?

The Traveler
#39 Posted : 4/23/2009 7:27:19 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

*sigh* I'll close this thread.

PREV12