We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
D-limonene tek gone wrong! Help? 69ron's tek. Options

Trips
#1 Posted : 4/20/2009 4:20:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My friend couldn't set up an account, so I let him use mine to write the following:

Alright, so, I've had some issues with this tek, I followed 69ron's outlined tek exactly, minus the food dehydrator. First, my dmt acetate was browish red, I don't know if this was normal. My d-limonene is clear, my vinegar is clear, I expected the acetate to be off-white. Perhaps its supposed to be brownish red sticky chunks. Anyways, I basify and it all kinda turns to a browny grey goo ball, I add warm d-limonene and mix, I filter using double coffee filters, saving the d-limonene. I repeat twice and let the d-limonene all dry under a fan. Unfortunately, even when the scent of d-limonene is long gone and it looks dry, I try to scrape it and it makes a disgusting brown goo that is most certainly not dmt freebase. I lick it and it burns then numbs. Certainly isn't calcium hydroxide. MUCH to strong for that. Good then. I decide to try and clean it up and my first instinct is iso in case the d-limonene is the cause of this nasty gunk. So I dissolve my goo in isopropanol and pour it all in a test tube. White crystals precipitate out (WTF?!). I let it all settle, then decant: the white crystals are poured in one evap dish, the brown supernatant was filtered again and poured in another. The crystals dried to something that looks like hard chunks of dried out white playdough, but taste very strongly like dmt freebase. The liquid dried out to... nasty brown goo that also tastes like dmt-freebase. This brown goo has been under a fan for 20 hours now and has not changed in appearance. I have scraped it, flattened it, moved it, anything I could to try and get it to dry and it will not.

Now, the precipitation, my first instinct was that it was calcium from the calcium hydroxide because DMT is iso soluble. But it tastes more strongly than the brown goo like DMT, which leaves me very confused. The white powder dissolves instantaneously on the tongue (which calcium shouldn't) and BURNS, then leaves a numb patch like a blister for 10 mins. I don't think its Calcium!

Help me work this out please :S

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Big Inhale
#2 Posted : 4/20/2009 5:15:33 PM

The Enlightend One

I think when you use limonene you dont get crystals but you get goo that should be capped and used for pharma. Try recrystalizing in warm naptha.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

69ron
#3 Posted : 4/20/2009 5:46:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nothing is wrong. That tech works and those are the results of it, it doesn’t produce pure DMT. It’s great for making DMT acetate for use in an ayahuasca tincture.

D-limonene extracts DMT, “jungle spice”, and might also extract DMT N-Oxide (I’m not sure about that one). The mix of alkaloids extracted is probably going to prevent crystallization. Also, d-limonene, if food grade, has impurities which will prevent crystallization of freebase DMT if it’s evaporated in it.

For better results use pure d-limonene, not food grade. But still, I doubt you’ll be able to get actual crystals, probably just a goo.

If you want freebase DMT crystals for smoking, you'll need to freeze precipitate the freebase goo in heptane or naphtha. There might be another way to do it that someone else knows of.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 4/20/2009 8:18:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM would enhance some herbs with the freebase limonene evapped goo (maybe by redissolving in alcohol first) and smoke that...

Trips
#5 Posted : 4/20/2009 8:35:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It's basically a double A/B.

I'm sorry, SWIM did NOT use sodium carbonate...he used calcium hydroxide. He got confused for a minute there.

Here are all the steps to end up with freebase DMT using just d-limonene:

1 - Powderize your mimosa bark. Mix 100 grams of bark with 25 grams of calcium hydroxide. Add enough water to make it feel wet but not watery. Mix for about 5 minutes.

2 - Add 300 ml of d-limonene. Mix well. Let sit a few hours.

3 - Pour off the d-limonene through a filter.

4 - Add 25 ml of vinegar to the d-limonene. Mix thoroughly.

5 - Separate the vinegar from the d-limonene (the vinegar is at the bottom, the d-limonene at the top). This vinegar will contain DMT acetate. Evaporate your vinegar in a food dehydrator at 155 F to get sticky DMT acetate.

6 - Repeat steps 4 and 5 at least 2-3 times,

7 - Repeat steps 2 - 6 at least 2 times.

THE NEXT STEPS ARE FOR GETTING FREEBASE DMT. These steps can be skipped if using the DMT for ayahuasca.

8 - Take your sticky DMT acetate, and add about 2 parts calcium hydroxide and a tiny bit of water, just enough to make it wet. Thoroughly mix it. Let it sit for about 5 minutes or so. Evaporate your freebased DMT in a food dehydrator at no hotter than 110 F to get freebase DMT, calcium hydroxide, and calcium acetate.

9 - Dissolve your DMT (it’s about 1 gram at this point) and other calcium junk in about 25 ml of warm d-limonene (no hotter than 110 F). Filter and evaporate your d-limonene in a food dehydrator at no hotter than 110 F to get freebase DMT,

10 - Repeat step 9 until no more DMT is extracted from the calcium mix.

Trips
#6 Posted : 4/20/2009 8:36:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So these last three steps yield a nasty smokable goo? What's the point of freebase if it can't be smoked?

soulfood
#7 Posted : 4/20/2009 8:40:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Trips wrote:
So these last three steps yield a nasty smokable goo? What's the point of freebase if it can't be smoked?

Well it's guaranteed pretty much non-toxic. It can be smoked but it's a little messy and enhanced leaf is probably the way to go.

Or you could just replace the Limonene in the freebase conversation steps with acetone and you'll have crystals.

But the whole point of this tek is that it's food grade and not a triple rxtalize/solvent evap headache inducing kitchen suffocator.

Trips
#8 Posted : 4/20/2009 8:44:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

NM, thanks. Iso to herb infusion in progress. My buddy makes nasty iso bufo extract this way too.

tolu
#9 Posted : 4/21/2009 2:02:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
If you want freebase DMT crystals for smoking, you'll need to freeze precipitate the freebase goo in heptane or naphtha. There might be another way to do it that someone else knows of.

Sounds like there'll be a considerable loss in the whole transition to smokable crystal freebase DMT.
Which means, for people that prefer smoking DMT, this tek is probably not one you'd want to use.
Regardless, my friend looks forward to the DMT acetate when he experiments with this tek Smile

What's your friend's yields with this 69ron?
Has he converted it to freebase and measured percentage loss?
Has he ever got it in crystal form?

amor_fati
#10 Posted : 4/21/2009 3:30:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Converting a pure or semi-pure salt product to freebase is very simple and shouldn't result in much if any loss, as long as the mechanics of SWIY's method don't allow for loss. At least, this is the case with the fumarate form, and though the acetate doesn't crystallize, it shouldn't make too much of a difference.

SWIM's considering doing some tests to see if FASA works in limonene, so it can finally be confirmed. Doesn't seem that anyone else has tried this yet.

deedle-doo
#11 Posted : 4/21/2009 3:51:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I heard this works great for freebasing and cleaning at the same time.

-Mix well equal parts CaOH, DMT salt and enough water to make it just slightly runny.

-Let stand for 30m.

-Pull 2-3x with warm bestine. (I heard using boiling bestine works great and uses much less.)

-evaporate bestine. (a fan is fine but a fan + heat will significantly yellow your product.)

Since the salting should have avoided all the oils you don't really have to freeze precip if you have a good clean solvent. After pulling with bestine you can pull with acetone to retrieve the jungle fraction.

Trips
#12 Posted : 4/21/2009 2:18:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bioassay SAYS: This tek is actually amazing for making smokable product. Yup, it was nasty goopy runny disgustingness. Dissolved in iso and allowed to suck into some parsley = Divine. The smoothest toke imaginable, followed by a wonderful buzz.

And no fears of smoking naptha. And RIDICULOUS potency from whatever the hell else was carried over.

SWIM will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever again use naptha, mineral spirits, bestine, LYE, or another gross industrial chemical on his spice again. Thanks for the wonderful tek 69'er! I did this in a small apartment with all my windows closed with a super sensitive woman in the house with me who didn't complain at all besides "Jesus It smells like oranges..."

Don't go all the way through this tek only to use Bestine in the end :S This tek is awesome as long as you're not looking for something white and crystally to sell, which you shouldn't be doing anyways!

Phlux-
#13 Posted : 4/23/2009 7:03:40 PM

The Root

Can d-limonene containing freebased magick be freeze precipped ?
Swim just did this tek and the final d-limonene freebase evap starts milking up when swim blows on it.

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

amor_fati
#14 Posted : 4/23/2009 7:25:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
Can d-limonene containing freebased magick be freeze precipped ?
Swim just did this tek and the final d-limonene freebase evap starts milking up when swim blows on it.

If it could, that would probably be the ultimate solution for getting freebase spice. Even if it worked but yielded poor crystals, SWIM would just rextal with acetone by evap or FASA Has anyone tested this? The volume of limonene would probably have to be reduced though.