We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Questions for first extraction Options

jfats100
#1 Posted : 4/23/2009 3:26:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello - first of all I'd like to say I'm new here and I feel very blessed to stumble upon such an exclusive and knowledgeable community. I have never tried the spice but 'SWIM' is trying his first extraction.

So far this is what SWIM started with:

50g MHRB (powdered)
50g NaOH
750ml Tap Water

These ingredients were mixed into a 1 liter glass jar and shaken vigorously. This sat for 1 hour.

Next came:

50ml VM&P Naphtha

This was poured into the mixing jar, and the mixing jar was rolled over several times for the next 2 hours. Then SWIM attempted to siphon the naphtha off with a turkey baster. This proved to be quite difficult and is the main reason for this post. SWIM may have siphoned off a little of the unwanted mixture along with the naphtha (barely any - just enough to discolor the extracted naphtha). Is this a problem? SWIM has the extracted naphtha in a small jar freezing in the freezer right now. Are there any tricks for using the turkey baster? SWIM plans to attempt 3 more pulls and is eager to get this correct the first try. Any advice would be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

everythingsflashin
#2 Posted : 4/23/2009 3:49:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

try using a syringe. its much easier to draw off the naphtha.
Your body is just a vehicle, transporting your soul.