We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What to expect? Options

Creo
#1 Posted : 10/6/2013 12:58:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dose: 100mg TPA HCL 95% Extract (70% ibogaine)

So that's about 66mg ibogaine.

I'm looking for a mild experience, nothing too heavy. Would this dose be enough?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

TOXSIN
#2 Posted : 10/7/2013 11:41:57 PM

Knowledge is power, at the price of losing the bliss of ignorance

Everyone is difference dose wise, and personally I have no experience with Iboga or its alkaloids. However my best advice and this goes for any hallucinogen is don't expect anything especially from the really powerful ones like this. If you go in expecting something you will usually be denied, however from what I've read Iboga is powerful medicine, it can help treat addiction as I believe and don't quote me on the exact mechanism as I'm no expert but one source stated that it causes permanent "Addiction switches" in your brain to basically turn off, and reset themselves. Other than that visually the trip is said to be highly introspective with lots of memory/dream recall and deep thoughts on past/present issues you maybe facing, I've heard the trip can be somewhat dark and scary due to its nature to bring up the past. Otherwise though again I'm no expert but I hope this helped a bit and hopefully someone with experience will chip in.
Understand: Nature knows no EVIL, Nature knows no GOOD, people know these things, because we perceive these things, with the gift of senses given to us at birth. A good or bad experience is simply a bridge to a another existential time frame, so always live in the moment and make every one a positive moment!

Any and all posts or interactions are to be held as my fictional writings/short stories or dreams. I may even have some delirium setting in, I've never been tested for it. The only exception to this is the statement about nature above, I feel this is a fact!

Nathanial.Dread
#3 Posted : 11/3/2013 5:55:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here are all the experience reports for Ibogaine you could ever hope to find.
I'm sure you'll find something that fits the dose your taking, although I have also heard that the subjective Ibogaine experience varies from individual to individual, because it's so personal and introspective.

Erowid Ibogaine Experience Vaults

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Creo
#4 Posted : 11/3/2013 7:02:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Nathaniel.Dread and TOXSIN.

I've had this dose sitting on my shelf for a while now, maybe I should just get hold of some more and go for a full flood instead.

Jox
#5 Posted : 11/5/2013 10:16:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Creo,

With Ibogaine your wish for "mild experience" is hard, it is ether or, but you can microdose it, it is pretty safe to do, and doesn't interfere with almost anything. You can find your dose by taking every morning a little bit, and increasing, the process is pretty intuitive.

as me more if you need
Jox

Creo
#6 Posted : 11/6/2013 9:31:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Jox.

I reached the same conclusion about iboga dosing already - it seems to be an all or nothing affair. Microdosing has its place, but everything I've read suggests that a flood dose is what iboga is all about. Unfortunately, I'm not ready to do a full flood just yet.

Jox
#7 Posted : 11/6/2013 7:33:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Creo,

I respect that you are not ready. Just want to add that correctly done full flood is actually psychologically speaking the safest trip, it is like watching a tv show and flipping channels.

The worry is the heart and if you have addictions and other medicine in you, which is all other game...

good luck
Jox

UgraKarma
#8 Posted : 11/21/2015 2:18:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but wish to clarify "expectations" (however much they have their own baggage and/or can act as tools,) for a flood dose of Ibogaine - that which would be used in the treatment of opiate addiction.

I have been reading up on the course of action of Ibogaine and its closest parallel is salvia divinorum. I have the common sense of dread / dysphoria attached to strong salvia experiences, and wonder how many parallels I should expect - as I'll be using ibogaine treatment as part of an approach towards coming off of bupenorphine (scheduled in 2 months time.)

Should I expect to feel time unzipping and a sense of alien gravities pulling me in infinite directions, or any of the other strange sensations that are unique to the presentation of salvia's accents?
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft