We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Substance Analysis Kit - Wanna know whats in that plant or drug? Options

adam
#21 Posted : 10/15/2013 1:41:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I have a noob question. I am currently taking general chemistry and then organic chemistry in the winter. I want this kit for the spring after I have some more technical understanding and because I want to harvest and analyze local grasses.

My question is do the reagents expire? If so how long?

I would like to buy the full kit, but don't plan on using it until next spring/summer time.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

pinkoyd
#22 Posted : 10/15/2013 2:13:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

Quote:

Quote:
Been waiting for this. I'm in! Thumbs up

Edit: I donated to the tlconscious site directly for the full amount of the kit. THEN I saw the indiegogo page...

Any way to upgrade the perk if I want to?

Which perk are you interested in? Feel free to donate the extra amount missing for that perk, and let us know here or through email and we will put you on that perk`s list Smile

After you answer this, I will take down the donation button from our official website for the moment, so that donations are focused on the crowdfunding page, preventing any further confusions.

Actually I think I'll stay at the level I am, just the full kit. Don't feel the need to upgrade. Thanks for your efforts TLC!
I already asked Alice.

obliguhl
#23 Posted : 10/15/2013 7:58:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There will be no test kits. Not, if you don't act now! Folks, this is not a done deal, not written in stone, not readily available. It's just an incredible opportunity to bring this baby to life, to make his light shine and to deliver us from all misidentified drugs. Wink

What if i told you, that this project could catapult phalaris research into the 21st century?
What if i told you, that this project could US find alternative DMT sources?
What if i told you, that this project could SAVE LIFES??

If you love DMT, you can't afford not to get active. I don't want to be a doomsday prophet, but we need to fight back against drug regulations if we want to survive as a group. No DMT, NO DMT NEXUS! Supplying the hobbyist (read: YOU) with inexpensive equipment to test all kinds of plant material for psychoactives is revolutionary yet very, very necessary! There is still time to affect change. If this project fails - who knows when and if it comes around again!

This is my biggest fear: That we'll miss a window of opportunity.

QUESTION: Do i need to buy a kit to support the project?

ANSWER: Of course not! Do you have any media contacts? Know people with mailing lists, podcasts? People met on conferences , people with forums, websites....large, medium, small donors? Potential supporters of all kind? Contact them and get them involved.

The clock is ticking folks...tick...tack.... In english: Tick...tock..tick...tock! Imagine this campaign falling short, if just by a couple hundred $$. How ugly would it be to taste such a horrible defeat! All that anticipation - for nothing.

So please, contact people you know...
Add this thread URL to your signature...

Do what you can!

A lot depends on it!

Cosmic Spore
#24 Posted : 10/16/2013 3:07:41 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

adam wrote:
So I have a noob question. I am currently taking general chemistry and then organic chemistry in the winter. I want this kit for the spring after I have some more technical understanding and because I want to harvest and analyze local grasses.

My question is do the reagents expire? If so how long?

I would like to buy the full kit, but don't plan on using it until next spring/summer time.

I don't know; good question.

obliguhl wrote:
There will be no test kits. Not, if you don't act now! Folks, this is not a done deal, not written in stone, not readily available. It's just an incredible opportunity to bring this baby to life, to make his light shine and to deliver us from all misidentified drugs. Wink

What if i told you, that this project could catapult phalaris research into the 21st century?
What if i told you, that this project could US find alternative DMT sources?
What if i told you, that this project could SAVE LIFES??

If you love DMT, you can't afford not to get active. I don't want to be a doomsday prophet, but we need to fight back against drug regulations if we want to survive as a group. No DMT, NO DMT NEXUS! Supplying the hobbyist (read: YOU) with inexpensive equipment to test all kinds of plant material for psychoactives is revolutionary yet very, very necessary! There is still time to affect change. If this project fails - who knows when and if it comes around again!

This is my biggest fear: That we'll miss a window of opportunity.

QUESTION: Do I need to buy a kit to support the project?

ANSWER: Of course not! Do you have any media contacts? Know people with mailing lists, podcasts? People met on conferences , people with forums, websites....large, medium, small donors? Potential supporters of all kind? Contact them and get them involved.

The clock is ticking folks...tick...tack.... In english: Tick...tock..tick...tock! Imagine this campaign falling short, if just by a couple hundred $$. How ugly would it be to taste such a horrible defeat! All that anticipation - for nothing.

So please, contact people you know...
Add this thread URL to your signature...

Do what you can!

A lot depends on it!

I agree!

We still have a long path to the achievement of the crowdfunding goal- and I want a kit Drool

I also had a thought of "maybe a few of my friends could split ownership (and cost) of a kit amongst themselves (and I could try to help them learn to use it when I learn)" <-- I'll keep discussing this with them.

endlessness
#25 Posted : 10/18/2013 11:11:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sharing a kit between friends sounds like a good idea Smile

Adam, typically reagents last a few months when stored in the freezer, but Im sure you can always contact TLConscious so they only send reagents when you are getting ready to test Smile

Chadaev
#26 Posted : 10/20/2013 1:14:02 PM

All the usual disclaimers.

A good initiative. Shame it hasn't taken off so far. They'd do well to mobilise some alternative media. I've put the word out to a few peeps; but the price is steep for many, I'd say, so a big effort will be needed... Maybe someone with contacts at Reality Sandwich, In a Perfect World, the Entheogenic Evolution podcast, the Shulgin FB pages, etc, etc, should try and get some interviews with TLConscious happening.

Chadaev
#27 Posted : 10/21/2013 11:18:27 AM

One other thing. It's not clear whether the kit would include information on decisions to make if adulterants are found to be present. This is key. It's one thing to know that x contaminant is present in y white powder; quite another to know whether x makes it unsafe to consume. It would be great if the kit were capable of flagging dangerous additives and indicating whether they are present in dangerous quantities.

Otherwise, there is a gap between the results provided by the kit and 'harm reduction'.

wearepeople
#28 Posted : 10/21/2013 10:45:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chadaev wrote:
One other thing. It's not clear whether the kit would include information on decisions to make if adulterants are found to be present. This is key. It's one thing to know that x contaminant is present in y white powder; quite another to know whether x makes it unsafe to consume. It would be great if the kit were capable of flagging dangerous additives and indicating whether they are present in dangerous quantities.

Otherwise, there is a gap between the results provided by the kit and 'harm reduction'.

First off, I believe TLconscious would be putting themselves at liability giving any recommendations regarding decisions to make, especially about consumption. It would probably be a liability to say any compound, adulterant or not, is "safe" to consume.

Chadev, this is the point of TLC. It separates the compounds so you can get two approximations as to what the chemical or chemicals may be: 1) the rf value to compare against known standards' rf values and 2) color from the reagent test.

3 examples:
If "x" is tentatively identified as bromo-dragonfly when I originally thought it was 25i, I would not consume any of it.
If "x" is tentatively identified as methamphetamine when I originally thought it was MDMA, I would not consume it.
If "x" is tentatively identified as DOM and I originally thought it was LSD, I would not consume it.

For that matter, if any "x" was present in my "y" I would not consume it, regardless of what "x" may be.

I hope this helps,
Wap
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

TLConscious
#29 Posted : 10/22/2013 12:17:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello!

Thank you for the posts!

Chadaev, it is true things are going a bit slow with the crowdfunding but we have hopes that some main funders will appear and help us out getting our goal. We have already a sticky thread in a couple of different forums, we have tried contacting several people and organizations in the scene, with some positive and some negative answers. Thanks for the suggestions, there`s a couple of names you mentioned we did not know.

Regarding the results and information on ingestion, WAP is partially right. We cannot make any recommendations on whether something can be consumed or not due to liability issues, but in the results section of our manual, we are adding some icons to help with understanding results.

For example, lets say you have an MDMA which shows have both MDMA as well as PMA. In the results section you will see an icon showing PMA is highly toxic, though also psychoactive. We think nobody should consume PMA because of it`s high risks, and this will be clear with the kits, but it`s of course up to each one. But what if MDMA has caffeine mixed in? Caffeine is not as toxic as PMA, so it won`t have the `highly toxic` icon, but there will be the `other possible side effects` icon, which in this case would be related to increased heart rate and blood pressure which can come from combination of both. We give the information, but the person still decides. We can say that, in general, if it`s anything other than a single spot the substance should be, better toss it. But there are some exceptions and it all depends what you are looking for. For example, you extract from a DMT containing plant and you see it has NMT too. But NMT is not toxic, might even be desirable. NMT obviously won`t have a `toxic` icon.

That being said, we also want to offer personalized feedback, and have a forum dedicated to the kits where people can upload their results and ask questions and we can help with identification and with making decisions after results have been interpreted.

We hope this explanation helps you understand it a bit further. Feel free to ask more Smile

adam
#30 Posted : 10/22/2013 2:54:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It seems that things often start slow from what I have seen.

Anyways I plan on getting the full kit it will probably be a couple weeks though, as I am broke.

But I am imagining a revolution where suspect and new plants will be found to contain our favorite molecules and new extraction methods will be discovered, this TLC spark being what sets it all in motion. This could be the tool to get the amateurs into the big leagues.

So I hope others are like me and are just waiting until they have the money. Using this to analyze dmt sources seems like a beautiful thing for all the amateurs out there, myself included. A real learning experience.

anrchy
#31 Posted : 10/22/2013 3:47:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll be donating in a couple weeks. Could someone get this info to maps? Maybe they would help spread the word?
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Chadaev
#32 Posted : 10/22/2013 8:54:16 AM

Thanks Wap, and TLC, that is helpful.

I can see the need to avoid implied responsibility for people's bad decisions; and what TLC suggests seems a good way to manage that concern while still keeping people informed. The reality no doubt is that powders bought on the street are generally going to be cut. And users are not going to throw out their expensive purchases unless they are shown to contain toxic additives.

Perhaps these kits will encourage drug purchasers to shift to the plants once they learn what they are actually snorting!

SnozzleBerry
#33 Posted : 10/22/2013 2:34:12 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

anrchy wrote:
Could someone get this info to maps?

They've already been contacted....not sure whether or not anything will come of it.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

General Gypsy
#34 Posted : 10/22/2013 4:01:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Provided it doesn't end before I have the finances to help I will.
"Many of us who have experienced psychedelics feel very much that they are sacred tools. They open spiritual awareness."
"The elimination of the fear of death transforms the individual's way of being in the world." -Stanislav Grof

"My advice to people today is as follows: if you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out."
"Drop Out--detach yourself from the external social drama which is as dehydrated and ersatz as TV. Turn On--find a sacrament which returns you to the temple of God, your own body. Go out of your mind. Get high. Tune In--be reborn. Drop back in to express it. Start a new sequence of behavior that reflects your vision." -Timothy Leary

downwardsfromzero
#35 Posted : 10/22/2013 11:22:16 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I'm another one who'll definitely fund when the money turns up! Got my fingers crossed...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

!Xabbu
#36 Posted : 10/25/2013 3:19:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome Project !

if there is anything I can do to help realize this project besides spending money which sadly isn't an option atm, let me know !

In the Country I live, we have pretty good harm prevention structures regarding opioide use. While drug testing isn't allowed on festivals, we have places were users get needles and shelter.. It's mainly financed by the churches..

Guess for them providing test services might be an option..

I could try to win them (locally) as sponsors but I would need some kind of flyer or documentation for them to see what they are investing in directly.

Other than that there may be a (local) political interests which I could do research on.

Can't think of much else atm except maybe offering the only headshop in this town to get in with test reagents ? and maybe fund the TLC project somehow ?

Don't know how realistic or wanted these ideas are as they may be pretty commercial but after all it's money that's needed to get started ?
- Wer heute den Kopf in den Sand steckt knirscht morgen mit den Zähnen -

dreamer042
#37 Posted : 10/26/2013 5:57:58 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I assume you probably have already, but I was just wondering, have you guys contacted Dance Safe and Bunk Police to see if they would be willing to lend their resources and infrastructure to helping back this project?

I see that this technology could be really helpful for their mission and that their already established infrastructure could be just what is needed to help launch this project into it's full potential.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Chairman MAO
#38 Posted : 11/9/2013 2:16:22 AM

Writing the little red book of life...

Magnificent project. Smile
In my country, the legal go-to psychoactive substance is ethanol. Sometimes my friends get wasted and tell the craziest stories about how they go out at night to harvest strange grasses in the light of the full moon. They claim to meet elves, white light and jaguars. These are their stories.

SMAOLK ZEBONG
Mon Ami, if you lose your inhibition we can take some extasy and DANCE!

Poekus
#39 Posted : 11/9/2013 1:51:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Nice project !. I'm very interested in learning more about TLC.

From what I know about TLC is that using different reagents, different results show up. It has to be done by a standard.

Who's providing the reference data and which substances will be covered?

Also is it like open source so people can add their own substances (of course when validated by more people)?

For instance 4 people try to extract a certain plant and all conclude there is a substance in it which isn't covered in the reference data. Is there a way to get that substance identified/analyzed and added to the reference data?

Elpo
#40 Posted : 11/13/2013 10:00:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great project.

I have a few questions.

- I myself know very little about chemistry. Is this something that is required to use the kit?
- Will this also work with mushrooms?

"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

PREV123NEXT