We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
What happens when you give a holy man LSD? Ram Dass (Richard Alpert) went to India to find out. Options

Nathanial.Dread
#41 Posted : 9/29/2013 4:28:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, Rising Spirit, thank you so much, that sounds like quite a powerful journey and destination.
Definitely not something for an afternoon off.

On a slightly unrelated note:

I have to say, I am a little concerned about the idea that someone could induce a state of naturally experiencing what would otherwise be a high dose of LSD. The drug can be very entheogenic, but as anyone who has ever had a bad trip will tell you, it's also a pretty active psychotomimetic, and I feel like the line between holy consciousness and psychosis is a blurry one.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jamie
#42 Posted : 9/29/2013 4:33:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

If you are familiar with the Eddas(which I am sure many of you know strikingly parallels the Vedas), particularily the poetic Edda you will find the Mead served by the maidens similar to both amrita and soma.

In short(an extremely vague)..If you study the Voluspa(the visions/prophecies of the witch), it describes the Old Witch, the original witch(who I think was Freya) going through an initiation in Oden's hall. The Edda's are for me, describing initiation and I think the "gods"(not even a norse term) are allegory.

The witch dies over and over again in the presense of the Asgard. It is apparent she is Vanguard. I do not interprete this as her being killed or speared by Oden or the Asgard themselves as some would suggest(there really is nothing that suggests this)..but a more metaphorical sort of "shamanic" death. The "first war"..the war between the Vanguard and the Asgard is relevant here..The witch of the vanguard(who were winning) goes to the Asgard to prove to them her power. She dies in they're presense and comes back initiated, with a new name. She is now the Bright One. Interestingly she also seems to be outside of time and has the ability to divine the past and the future. She goes on to teach Oden the magic of Seidr etc..

A truce between these two powers, the Asgard and the Vangard is made. Some of the Asgard go with a marry into the Vangard, and vie versa. They combine the're spit and out of it they create a new being..his name is Kvasir. He is a sage filled with divine knowledge resulting from the union of the Vanier and Aesir, and he travels the land teaching knowledge etc to the tribes.

Two Dwarfs(what they might represent is complicated) Fjalar and Galar, want this knowledge for themselves, so they kill Kvasir and drain his blood and mix it with honey to make a divine mead..the Mead Of Poetry. Drinking this Mead would inspire knowledge and poetry in a person, and they would become a Skald, or a scholar.

The Mead ended up in the underworld, in Hel(not christian hell at all) guarded by a maiden, who I think is another aspect of Freya(really I think all the female Norse gods are aspects of Freya)..now this knowledge is not available to all the people and is hidden and many seek it.

Oden and others were seekers of the mead..it is referenced throughout the eddas.

I think the mead was both a physical drink, possibly psilocybes or some other plants, and also some kind of endogenous state of mind cultivated.

I see the Aesir and Vanir as personified natural forces or powers. The Norse were a highly poetic people and to even begin to understand the little we have to go on in the Edda tradition you have to read it that way. I don't believe in literal anthropomorphized gods, however I believe the forces behind them are very real tangible and intelligent forces in the universe. I see the Aesir as sort of more rational left brained forces that are aspects of the human mind to a degree, and the Vanier as the much older more ancestral forces of nature. When the two of these are combined Kvasir, the one of divine knowledge was born..and from his spilled blood, mixed with sweet honey the Mead of Poetry was created.

I left a lot out there obviously and grossly simplified it, but you can study the Edda's if you want to know more. I think the Edda's essentially are describing a secret sort of initiation into the mysteries, through poetic metaphore and allegory. We cant assume that we can understand all of it, but we can try. It was really written in a way that was sopposed to be understood by those who already undertood some of the metaphors.

Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#43 Posted : 9/29/2013 7:10:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

sleepypelican
#44 Posted : 9/29/2013 8:38:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i think i read somewhere that Allen Ginsberg gave Thelonious Monk LSD, to which he responded that he didnt feel anyhting different.
In dreams...I walk with you
In dreams...I talk to you
In dreams...Your mine
All of the time
We're together
In dreams...In dreams

Rising Spirit
#45 Posted : 9/29/2013 1:58:22 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

http://www.indiadivine.o...d-mayan-culture-too.html

Nice, thanx for posting this link, jamie. It confirms ideas I have entertained about the ancient Maya for decades. Kundalini is also referred to as "the serpent energy" within Indian thought. I've always felt that the serpentine imagery of the Maya and Toltec peoples, made direct reference to this innately human, energy phenomenon. Quetzalcoatl was the very embodiment of the "feathered serpent" and it's intriguing to draw parallels between such distinctly different cultures as the Maya and the Vedic Indians. Coolio! Thumbs up
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Hyperspace Fool
#46 Posted : 9/29/2013 6:59:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:

Hyperspace Fool: care to elaborate a little more on Amrita? I have never heard of such a thing, but the ability to produce psychoactive substances from your own body seems like it would be a total game-changer.

Well my brother... I would gladly do so, but it seems my dear comrade in soul RS beat me to it, and in a fine and thorough manner. So there is not much for me to add.

I will say that it is my feeling that Amrita is made whenever the third eye stimulated to a certain level... with or without the mudra. There are many ways to stimulate a chakra. You can move energy there in a variety of ways. The tongue pressing through the soft part behind the roof of your mouth is useful and feels like it can actually massage whatever glands might be right there, and this causes a flood of very aromatic saliva... saliva that makes you trip balls.

The production of Amrita is generally considered a rather advanced achievement and plenty of people who do yoga on the regular may never experience it... but I think it is more a matter of focus and cultivation than anything else. One must clear the debris in the central channel and have the ancestral chi rise through the intervening chakras in order to really activate the 3rd eye (Upper Tan Tien in Chi Kung speak). Seeing as most people are rather blocked energetically and have not really activated their lower chakras, it is no wonder this is considered a rare and hard won achievement.

But I feel it is an extremely natural thing. Something humans were made to do. Something more evolved ancients probably achieved with greater facility. If you were raised in such a way that you were cultivating your energy and working on your energy centers and meridians from an early age, I guess most people would be making heaps of Amrita before they reached 12.

Anyway. It is worth persuing... if only because there are many many fine effects from the cultivation that occur along the way. Personally, I feel that people who don't cultivate their energy are missing out on as fundamental an aspect of being human as people who never sing, never laugh or never dance. (Everyone should do all 3 at once at some point every moon or they have wasted that time IMHO)

Peace to the dome...
HF
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

jamie
#47 Posted : 9/29/2013 10:05:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rising Spirit wrote:
http://www.indiadivine.o...d-mayan-culture-too.html

Nice, thanx for posting this link, jamie. It confirms ideas I have entertained about the ancient Maya for decades. Kundalini is also referred to as "the serpent energy" within Indian thought. I've always felt that the serpentine imagery of the Maya and Toltec peoples, made direct reference to this innately human, energy phenomenon. Quetzalcoatl was the very embodiment of the "feathered serpent" and it's intriguing to draw parallels between such distinctly different cultures as the Maya and the Vedic Indians. Coolio! Thumbs up

If you go through the whole site(indiadivine), there is stuff linking many cultures from pagan cultures of Europe to Navajo etc to the vedas or some pre-Vedic culture..maybe atlantis who knows.. It's interesting.
Long live the unwoke.

adam
#48 Posted : 9/30/2013 3:35:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

how to master kechari technique

This is the supposed technique that yogas can achieve with much practice. Supposedly they move the tongue back into the nasal cavity behind the uvula, and press up onto a juncture on the skull breaking it open and massaging the brain with their tongue, this supposedly secretes some sort juice, the so called amrita.

Sounds interesting to me, I would like to believe this is possible but have my doubts. It is cool to imagine getting juices directly from the brain possibly some sort of dmt and keeping it in the mouth. Sublingual dmt straight from your brain? The yogis do claim that it completes some sort of circuit, it is known as the best of all mudras. I know paramahansa yogananda claims in his book that is all the best and connects you directly to the supreme awareness flying through the void or something like that.

Rising Spirit
#49 Posted : 9/30/2013 5:04:40 AM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

adam wrote:
how to master kechari technique

This is the supposed technique that yogas can achieve with much practice. Supposedly they move the tongue back into the nasal cavity behind the uvula, and press up onto a juncture on the skull breaking it open and massaging the brain with their tongue, this supposedly secretes some sort juice, the so called amrita.

Well, unless one has had the frenulum removed or already has a six or seven inch tongue, naturally, this doesn't happen overnight. And it isn't absolutely necessary to fully penetrate into the upper nasal canal to activate the Ajna and/or receive the flow of Amrita. It must help a lot of folks... or it wouldn't have been practiced for over 5000 years now (or longer, perhaps, who knows).

I can myself, only get the tip of my tongue just past the uvula (beyond the dingle-dangle) and this is plenty far enough to "lock" the energy circulation and apply a sort of acupressure upon area leading towards the pineal gland, activate it's awakening and in so doing, trigger the release of Amrita. It can be just as equally be done, by simply pressing upon the soft pallet with the tip of the tongue, thus closing the circuit of Qi and facilitating a shift in conscious-awareness. But this phenomenon is somewhat enigmatic and in my own small experiences, comes of it's own seeming volition. We can never command it until we have advanced, or perhaps unfolded enough, to assimilate and integrate this kind of juice, as an equanimous continuum, as with rare sentient beings, like the Maharaji.

IMO, it's more about one's clarity of attention, than the elongation of the material tongue. There is no actual breaking of any kind, as this is a only metaphor for cracking-open the infinite potentiality of the mind. IME, it's more of an internal blooming, which open the portal of the Third or Singular Eye. From this point, internally, we can travel to other frequencies of existential being. Cool

Honestly, I have never spent that much time exercising this ability, because I am able to activate my Ajna chakra by concentrated thought, alone. It can also be done by using one's focused attention and direct intent to trigger the activation. As HF clearly states, it can happen in the most spontaneous of ways, for if one is already in a very, very high state of mind, it flows naturally of it's own accord.

Vaporized DMT or Changa can cause this phenomenon to happen in my physical system. And from the sky-high level of a breakthrough experience into Hyperspace, given that the material husk is way down there... far bellow one's awareness in full bloom... the technique is superfluous and largely irrelevant. But to the sober Yogis training in this method, it may or may not be fundamental in their own process of spiritual awakening. There are many ways to get to the summit of the proverbial mountaintop.

Quote:
Sounds interesting to me, I would like to believe this is possible but have my doubts. It is cool to imagine getting juices directly from the brain possibly some sort of dmt and keeping it in the mouth. Sublingual dmt straight from your brain? The yogis do claim that it completes some sort of circuit, it is known as the best of all mudras. I know paramahansa yogananda claims in his book that is all the best and connects you directly to the supreme awareness flying through the void or something like that.

Historically, within the esoteric study of Kundalini Yoga, the Kechari Mudra is considered the greatest Mudra of them all. But along the way, I feel that the aim of Kechari Mudra has been obscured by the romantic mythologization of this Yogic technique.

It's aim is intended to draw attention to the interior brain core and in so doing, activate and essentially jump-start a mystical experience. Unwavering concentration, pranayama and deep meditation make the cutting of the frenulum unnecessary. Besides, many Yogis, like Sri Parmahansa Yogananda, did not cut their under tongues. By prolonged stretching exercises, this is achieved non-violently... it just takes a lot longer. Mine is still admittedly, a work in progress, so to speak. Hehehe... Lol Very happy

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Jin
#50 Posted : 9/30/2013 1:21:54 PM

yes

adam wrote:

It is cool to imagine getting juices directly from the brain possibly some sort of dmt and keeping it in the mouth. Sublingual dmt straight from your brain? The yogis do claim that it completes some sort of circuit, it is known as the best of all mudras. I know paramahansa yogananda claims in his book that is all the best and connects you directly to the supreme awareness flying through the void or something like that.

i am just a kid as far as spirituality is concerned and a real long way to go , this mudra is totally out of my reach for now and i have just learned about it recently so i can't say anything much about it except its very possible and still out of my reach

yet for accessing some alternate planes of being one can focus on the tinnitus sound in the head until it grows louder and louder , this can propel one into an alternate frequency if practiced for some time , yet i don't do this as my purpose is to be present in the moment , however this can help if one wants to access some altered state , infact truthfully it scares me so much that i never try to focus on the tinnitus , rather i listen to external sounds then this internal one .........good luck if you're trying to listen to the tinnitus , i dont recommend it yet if one wants to access an alternate plane of being this can help aswell , however i don't know much about anything so do this at your own risk as it makes me quite uncomfortable

also i don't think Amrita is released by focusing on tinnitus for that you need to stimulate the ajna chakra , which is still out of my reach yet at times i have felt a tenderness in my third eye region so i may be getting up the mountain slowly
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

adam
#51 Posted : 9/30/2013 4:10:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

At Rising Spirit I agree with what you said, if you read the link there is a second article that talks about how with enough meditation practice the stretching of the tongue and frenulum will occur naturally and spontaneously.

I think the idea of cutting the frenulum would be forcing it and kind of counter productive.

Hyperspace Fool
#52 Posted : 9/30/2013 5:17:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^ This

(Though cutting the frenulum didn't seem to bother Gene Simmons too much... Hehehheeh. KISS Army FTW!)

I don't think anyone needs to do any surgical procedure to activate their third eye. Absolutely not. I have tasted Amrita a good number of times and I don't even have any piercings or tattoos... let alone frenulum surgeries or trepanation (lol).

I can't reach my tongue behind my uvula and the mudra works fine for me. My tongue is rather strong though and can exert a lot of force. There is a point behind the roof of your mouth where the flesh becomes noticeably soft. Pressing there is perfect for me. Even just doing it briefly now has brought on a heavy pressure in my third eye and an expansive stillness in my mind reminiscent of mild harmala dissociation. (pinoline?) And this is with only 15 seconds of pressure, no meditation in the last few hours, and no desire to evoke the full thing.

I want to say there are no short cuts... but that is not true. What I will say is that there should be no rush. Activating upper chakras when you are not ready or forcing kundalini to rise prematurely are very good ways to mess you up. I don't have time or inclination to get into it, but there are a number of negative physical and mental effects that can arise from this... not the least of which being psychosis.

My advice, take your time. Develop your meditation and your foundation. Master mindfulness and strengthen your willpower... do chi kung or pranayama to clear the nadis/meridians... and when you are ready, it will happen of its own accord.

While endo-huasca (and the ability to make it on demand) is über cool... it really is no different for me from insufflated DMT with some harmalas. And most of us here know that you can produce a good supply of this material with relative ease. The point being... this practice is not anyone's only means of reaching this state.

All that said... I still heartily recommend getting your Amrita flowing at some point.

Love
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

adam
#53 Posted : 9/30/2013 6:01:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I see that if this does occur it will be natural and spontaneous, the only reason I am currently into it is because my recent meditation and dmt experience have been nudging me towards this mudra, I can feel my body wants to get into that position. I have felt for a long time that pressing my tongue onto my soft pallet triggers a mellow altered state, but you know, its about progression so I find the idea of truly achieving that mudra fascinating. I would never cut my frenulum but from my reading it will naturally tear a bit as you progress in this pose. Anyways fascinating stuff, I am glad we have some experienced meditation practitioners around here to lend good advice.

PREV123