We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
JOE ROGAN talks about IBOGA TRIP!!! Iboga Treatment vs. DMT Options

marz
#1 Posted : 1/30/2013 6:53:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Big grin Check this out enjoyBig grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR9P7ksKktM

"PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS DON'T CHANGE YOU- THEY DON'T CHANGE YOUR CHARACTER-UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE CHANGED THEY ENABLE CHANGE THEY CAN'T IMPOSE IT...."
-ALEXANDER SHULGIN

It's time to move on to the next step in the psychedelic revolution

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 1/30/2013 7:15:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^that place they are referring to, the "iboga house"..well that iboga healer is known to sexually manipulate women that go there and generally just rip people off etc..there was a thread about him maybe a year ago and there is some reports other places around the net about that guy. He is notorious for basially bashing ayahuasca compared to iboga on his site, though I noticed a while back he changed some of that..probly due to people criticizing him.
Long live the unwoke.

trufflz
#3 Posted : 1/31/2013 2:33:57 AM

Mystify your Mind

Joe Rogan doesn't really say anything profound. Nor does he really ask any profound questions. I can't imagine why they titled it "Joe Rogan talks about Ibogaine" rather than "Aubrey Marcus talks about Ibogaine".
DMT smells like math.

DeDao
#4 Posted : 1/31/2013 2:47:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Because the name Joe Rogan will gain more attention you should thank them for labeling as such in order to bring more love to an amazing medicine.

A few links :

http://www.facebook.com/...house?ref=ts&fref=ts

http://www.youtube.com/w...6iE&feature=youtu.be

http://www.ibogahouse.com/
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Red Eclipse
#5 Posted : 1/31/2013 6:39:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DeDao wrote:
Because the name Joe Rogan will gain more attention you should thank them for labeling as such in order to bring more love to an amazing medicine.

A few links :

I don't think any entheogen needs a spokesperson... Those who seek will find. People don't need to be spoon fed.

Also, that girl Krystle you linked to in the youtube video is a well documented narc...

Parshvik Chintan
#6 Posted : 1/31/2013 10:08:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kambogahuasca Panacea wrote:
I would prefer a more shhhhh shhhh... Iboga approach. Quiet...Iboga is inna da house. And such but that's just my feeling with all the poaching going on the feed treatment centers. I never understand why high profile interviews like this never talk about the endangered status of Iboga in Gabon.

i agree, no sense turning iboga into the next "mhrb" as it were.

besides its not like its so esoteric that knowledge can't be found with a cursory google search as it is.. does it really need flashing lights and a blazing horn as well?
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

DeDao
#7 Posted : 2/1/2013 3:40:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Red Eclipse wrote:
DeDao wrote:

A few links :

I don't think any entheogen needs a spokesperson... Those who seek will find. People don't need to be spoon fed.

Also, that girl Krystle you linked to in the youtube video is a well documented narc...

Some people need the spokesperson in order to be pulled toward it and they may find a deeper reality through that. Just saying. As for Krystle Cole being a narc? I don't care honestly. I enjoy her content and have learned many things about her experiences. Enough for me!!
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

hixidom
#8 Posted : 2/1/2013 5:37:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have heard Joe Rogan say some very deep things about psychedelics and his psychedelic experiences. He may not be as thought-provoking as Terrance Mckenna, but I welcome any celebrity (and any person in general) who wants to improve societies awareness of the awesomeness of such drugs and the experiences they provoke.

People like Joe Rogan, Joe Rogan likes psychedelics. I am glad that he is willing to use his fame to glorify psychedelic spirituality.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

jamie
#9 Posted : 2/1/2013 5:58:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

The thing about Krystal Cole is that her and her ex-bf who was a chemist basically kidnapped some kid and held him for days as a hostage in their missile silo and dosed him with large ammounts of different drugs..

..and then they ratted on another chemist who they were apparently "friends" with (both making LSD)..they narced him out and then took off to california where they lived selling MDMA for a time..they basically sold out their friend to the feds to cover their own ass and then took off leaving the guy without any help etc..and so he sits in jail while Krystal Cole writes books and makes videos with bouncing bear advertisements in the background..

I dunno, the whole thing with Krystal Cole is just been talked abotu to death..but yeah that is her story. I used to like her videos also but once I found out all this stuff I sort of lost the respect I had for her.

She was a young and naive stripper with obvious issues and along came this weird old acid chemist living in a missile silo and carried her away basically into this weird world..still thats no excuse but you cant hold people to their past forever.

I like Joe Rogan..He gets a lot of crap from people here it seems..w/e everyone has to hate something.
Long live the unwoke.

DeDao
#10 Posted : 2/1/2013 1:56:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
The thing about Krystal Cole is that her and her ex-bf who was a chemist basically kidnapped some kid and held him for days as a hostage in their missile silo and dosed him with large ammounts of different drugs..

..and then they ratted on another chemist who they were apparently "friends" with (both making LSD)..they narced him out and then took off to california where they lived selling MDMA for a time..they basically sold out their friend to the feds to cover their own ass and then took off leaving the guy without any help etc..and so he sits in jail while Krystal Cole writes books and makes videos with bouncing bear advertisements in the background..

I dunno, the whole thing with Krystal Cole is just been talked abotu to death..but yeah that is her story. I used to like her videos also but once I found out all this stuff I sort of lost the respect I had for her.

She was a young and naive stripper with obvious issues and along came this weird old acid chemist living in a missile silo and carried her away basically into this weird world..still thats no excuse but you cant hold people to their past forever.

I like Joe Rogan..He gets a lot of crap from people here it seems..w/e everyone has to hate something.

Yes I've heard the whole shabang many times.

Cavemen
#11 Posted : 2/26/2013 2:23:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe if a person wants to seek out something like ibogaine, the resources are out there for people to find everything about it. Rogan isn't doing too much except for publicizing it, which is good but bad for uneducated individuals. It may be viewed in a negative light

The Day Tripper
#12 Posted : 2/26/2013 6:13:15 AM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
My sentiments. ^^

Not that people like joe rogan or anybody can't or shouldn't say what they want about whatever subject, hes free to say/publish whatever he wants. I'm fine with the ramifications of that.

But, people need to be informed about things in a manner not synonymous of the "trip to get fucked up" perspective taken, from what I've come across in his videos. People need to be aware of the risks involved regarding these substances, no matter what psych joe is talking about.

They need the facts, and while Joe can offer his own perspective of the subject, its not a scientific, or imho, HR/safety accounted for viewpoint.

Basically, to get an informed look at iboga from the perspective of someone whos never heard of it, these videos are not the place to go.

Which leads to people making misinformed decisions regarding these substances, and not realizing the dark side/harm potential psychs can offer. But to be fair, none of the ramifications of their own personal bad decisions lay blame on joe.

If they are irresponsible to take what he says (or forgets/doesn't mention) at face value and believe some of the, in a few cases, strait up misinformation and unfactual statements, made on his podcasts/radio stuff, thats their own problem.

I don't think its the right format, or place to try and inform people about iboga/etc. For people who have done independent searching of information on the subject of psychedelics, its easy to listen to his videos, and frankly put in his shoes would be embarrassed to publish such work.

But that's my opinion, i do think people don't realize there's alot of problems with factual/scientific claims made by his podcast/radio work though, and that for uninformed people, a bad face value perspective on the subject at hand. But for those who just brush up on his work while researching psychs, or have enough common sense, realize theirs alot of stuff hes presenting in an either unfactual/exaggerated manner, or fails to mention.

I don't remember hearing anything about the potential psychological risks involved with taking psychs in any of the videos/radio/podcast format publications he releases from what I've watched. You can criticize what he does, but he has every right to do it. He's not responsible for others inability to approach the subject of psychs by taking one of his shows at face value. But i'd have moral/ethical issues with releasing these shows, which are far from a good way to get a first look at what the drug is about.

Ultimately though, i guess it could be good if it teaches people to do fact checking on others statements, and be as informed as possible before taking the dive. But that's not congruent with the way many seem to use their minds these days, in general.

When it comes to promoting psychedelic use, though he holds no responsibility regarding lack of HR info/misinformed psych endorsement, he should consider mentioning it, and doing a bit of fact checking imho. Then i wouldn't see his work as merely entertainment.

"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.โ€ - Wendell Berry

drob
#13 Posted : 3/1/2013 10:08:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard him and Aubrey Marcus say people should be careful with these plants i.e. don't jump in the deep end straight away (paraphrasing).

MadPlanter
#14 Posted : 9/26/2013 3:17:42 PM

plant enthusiast

If no one completely supports joes approach to delivering the psychedelic message why doesn't a group here at the nexus not complain about it but do something. No face needed just an easy to find title on you tube and voice commentary to lots of inspiring pictures of peace and crazy cool psychedelic imagery. Promoting first the sacredness of the plant at hand and its traditional background. Go into its disappearing from the wild and all that. Then present sound advice on its usage and paint a picture of the beauty of what an experience can be while also leaving room to tell that it can also have devastating mental effect is proper approach to usage isn't heeded. Furthermore albeit the beauty one could find life changing still isn't guaranteed even with the best of intention and setting. It can still be vastly frightening either way but the positive benefit of good experience far out weighs the bad in some cases or the bad could even be more helpful so to speak sometimes.

SnozzleBerry
#15 Posted : 9/26/2013 4:29:37 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

MadPlanter wrote:
If no one completely supports joes approach to delivering the psychedelic message why doesn't a group here at the nexus not complain about it but do something.

Confused

The Nexus is doing something. Look at what is here, look at where our information has popped up, look at who we've collaborated with...I honestly don't think it would be an exaggeration to state that this site has changed and is changing the world with regards to DMT and other entheogens.

The idea that people can't/shouldn't espouse their opinions on any public figure is absurd, imo. The idea that we haven't done anything until we make a youtube video is laughable, imo. Personally, I don't think youtube is the place to publicize psychedelics and their effects. Honestly, I don't think that publicizing psychedelics at all is desirable. But hey, that's just me.
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

Metanoia
#16 Posted : 9/26/2013 4:30:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

trufflz wrote:
Joe Rogan doesn't really say anything profound. Nor does he really ask any profound questions.

I felt I had to point this out Big grin
http://www.syfy.com/joeroganquestionseverything

MadPlanter
#17 Posted : 9/26/2013 5:54:21 PM

plant enthusiast

Yes sir I do believe the nexus has done a vast amount and I agree YouTube isn't the best way to expose entheogens to the public. I'm eternally grateful for the nexus no doubt. Just putting it out there that joe is doing what he thinks is right or helping. If he doesn't present the material correctly than its up to whomever to do so in their own way they think is best. I was once upon a time unaware the nexus existed until like three years ago...and any entheogenic related forums for that matter. I was stunned by finding this place. Completely awestruck by the idea of it all. Sadly I was into entheogens for years before my discovery. Just wasn't a computer guy. I laughingly thought it was impossible to ever find peyote for real alive and all. Come to find out most of everything one can think of is obtainable and its so relieving.