We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My flight leaves on Saturday... Options

SpiritWalker
#1 Posted : 4/10/2009 8:43:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello. I received all of my ingredients and my trip is planned for Saturday Razz. I just wanted to ask a few questions...

I'm using Mimosa and Rue for the first time. I've read MANY different recipes. 20/30 grams of mimosa with 10 grams of rue. 10 grams of each. 6 grams of mimosa and 3 grams of rue. It's really confusing. Some call for brewing for hours, some call for eating rue, brewing mimosa for 15 minutes...

So first, can someone please clear this up. Someone w/ experience.

Second, what kind of atmosphere should I build? Dark room w/ one candle? Black lights, lava lamp and pink floyd? Meditation music?

Thanks for your tips!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 4/10/2009 2:51:11 PM

The Great Namah

Wow, ok if you are using rue and mimosa orally:

I would say 3 grams rue 8grams mimosa as a starting point.

Mimosa is no where near as forgiving as Chacruna or Chalipong... go light on the mimosa for your first time. Having an overwhelming experience for your first time (hell any time for that matter) can be extremely frightening and has turned off many an explorer.

Do not start with 20grams mimosa. That's a massively intense ride. Some people have rough experiences on as little as 4grams mimosa...so go easy!

YOU WILL NEVER NEED MORE THAN 4GRAMS OF RUE! Seriously, never, for any reason, ever. 10grams of rue is a night of misery...and that's without the mimosa. I made the mistake of taking 8grams rue my first time (just to be sure I took enough)....wow that was a horrible night.

Rue becomes toxic at high doses. It is not like Caapi. Caapi you can up the dose really really high without nasty side effects, rue on the other hand can make your life miserable if you take too much.

The cold water percolation method that Dagger invented over on the ayahusaca forums is supposed to be a very good way to prepare mimosa. It's like a coffee maker, just with cold water (a 2 liter bottle with cotton in the top, flipped over).

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Infinite I
#3 Posted : 4/10/2009 2:58:06 PM

JC

Yes acolon is right about the rue, 4 grams maximum. Ive seen a lot of folks saying things like ten grams, dont know where they get this number from Confused If your mimosa is inner purple pink and good quality 8g could far too much. swim would go with 2-3g rue and 4 grams mimosa, though if its outer bark maybe the eight would be a good place to start. Better to ebb on the side of caution, you could end up in a bad place for a long time.

The Traveler
#4 Posted : 4/10/2009 3:07:00 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Just what acolon_5 said.

As for set and setting: I prefer watching a Pink Floyd concert on DVD before I take off to clear my mind and to focus. When the journey begins I prefer complete darkness without any sound, for me a candle is very distracting.

Then again, other prefer other set and settings, in the end you have to find your own.

'Coatl
#5 Posted : 4/10/2009 5:56:32 PM

Teotzlcoatl

You don't ever need more than 3g of Syrian Rue!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

SpiritWalker
#6 Posted : 4/11/2009 5:25:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

many thanks! I had feeling the rue dosage was way too high. I'm so ready to take this journey!! Any other tips?

Jorkest
#7 Posted : 4/11/2009 5:29:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

have fun
it's a sound

SpiritWalker
#8 Posted : 4/11/2009 6:34:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

one more questions before I head off to work (hopefully I'll have the answer when I come back). How long should I brew the mimosa for?

Thanks!

psychosisdoses
#9 Posted : 4/12/2009 2:53:40 AM

Derek

SpiritWalker wrote:
one more questions before I head off to work (hopefully I'll have the answer when I come back). How long should I brew the mimosa for?

Thanks!

i already told you friend

in your last thread where you already asked this
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

psychosisdoses
#10 Posted : 4/14/2009 4:01:00 AM

Derek

do you understand what i meant in that post?
have you tried it?

let me know how it goes...

when i first started experimenting with MHRB i made tea a few times and have had some of the most amazingly powerful experiences from it... which i havent quite been able to duplicate with extracted spice (fullrange or pure dmt) ..... im sure youll be VERY pleasantly surprised in what you find....
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

SpiritWalker
#11 Posted : 4/17/2009 4:39:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

psychosisdoses wrote:
do you understand what i meant in that post?
have you tried it?

let me know how it goes...

when i first started experimenting with MHRB i made tea a few times and have had some of the most amazingly powerful experiences from it... which i havent quite been able to duplicate with extracted spice (fullrange or pure dmt) ..... im sure youll be VERY pleasantly surprised in what you find....

Hey man. Yes, I looked at the other thread too. Thanks for your help! Yes, I tried it and posted my experience here. I'll definitely experiment more with it. This weekend I am going to try San Pedro. The following weekend, most likely aya again. I don't want to do it too close to each other.

The trip wasn't nearly as intense as I expected. I am going to try to extract it but it seems like such a big freaking process for little reward. A 5 min trip? That's what I have Salvia for.. but I'm sure DMT has much more to offer so I am going to at least extract it once. Probably will extract more often after I get the procedure down but I'm still researching all of the techniques. Hell, I researched the aya for about two weeks before doing it. Strange though, I use to just stick anything in my mouth when I was a teen. But back then, I was looking to get high. Now I'm exploring my own being.. so it's a different ballpark all together.

http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=4380

ohayoco
#12 Posted : 4/17/2009 10:50:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SpiritWalker wrote:
I am going to try to extract it but it seems like such a big freaking process for little reward. A 5 min trip?

5 minutes can feel like an hour with freebase. It happened to SWIM's friend the first time she smoked it.
The most important thing is to go in with respect, whether brewing or smoking, by which I mean prepared for the potential that it might be the most intense thing that has ever happened in your entire life, intense beyond your current understanding. That's why people are saying to start low with the mimosa/rue... because it's a long time to be struggling with something that you weren't psychologically prepared for.
SWIM started with 12.5g MHRB and 5g rue (although probably lost some due to unnecessary heating), but was prepared for an experience of divine magnitude... and got it in all its beauty. His second time, he went in casually just wanting fun, and got burned, it was horrible. Go in humbly!
If you go in flippantly, you may well have a horrible time. But if you go in fully aware of the potential magnitude of the occasion, you're likely to have a good time. Enjoy Smile
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.