We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Scales - cheap vs expensive Options

Kobranek
#21 Posted : 2/10/2012 3:35:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My GPR-20 has been holding strong..... Only drawback is it turns off pretty fast....within thirty seconds or so

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Sky Motion
#22 Posted : 2/10/2012 3:37:53 PM

<3

I have a Gemini-20 and love it!

corpus callosum
#23 Posted : 2/10/2012 7:38:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

I think the cheap 0.001mg scales are adequate but theres a bit of a knack to using them optimally.IME, calibrating them with a reliable weight is important.I've also found that they dont behave half as well if you add your poison to the pan directly or onto a carrier such as a cigarette paper upon the said pan.

My approach is to calibrate the scales, add a cigarette paper to the pan and note its weight.I then remove the cigarette paper, add an eye-balled approximation of goodies onto the cigarette paper and THEN replace this onto the pan.The cigarette paper weighs say xmg alone, with goodies weighs y mg hence the weight of goodies is y-x mg; if this is incorrect for my venture then I will remove the loaded cigarette paper and then add/subtract goodies as required then re-weigh until the desired weight is achieved.I find the scales become fairly inaccurate if material is added to the pan in small quantities.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

a1pha
#24 Posted : 2/10/2012 7:51:41 PM
โจ€

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

semios wrote:
I am in the process of sending back the SECOND-IN-A-ROW crappy non-working American Weigh GPR-20 I've gotten from Amazon. The last one was DOA. On this one the display is messed up and does not show all the sides of numbers, making it very hard to read. I used it a few times, figuring out the weight by context ("It just passed looks-like-maybe-two so it must have settled on looks-like-maybe-a-three..."Pleased. It seems like a perfectly decent scale if only I could get one that %$#^&*% works.

The GPR-20 came to me last December as a gift. While accurate, I am disappointed with the build quality. It feels cheaply made and I will be shocked if it lasts more than a year or two. I would not recommend it. At least I have time to save up for the Sartorius AY123.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

zombicyckel
#25 Posted : 2/10/2012 7:51:50 PM

Armchair activist

Look at this one, 0,001 in other words milligram scale. 11 dollar 13 for shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/...&hash=item3f11bb17d8

semios
#26 Posted : 2/11/2012 10:16:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, I bought that one off E-Bay, it will take 4 weeks to get here from Hong Kong but for $17 with shipping, why not. I'll post when it arrives.

unclesyd
#27 Posted : 2/11/2012 11:23:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use a plastic little twin-beam scale. I have found this exceptionally accurate over the years. Although it might take a little more work to get an accurate reading??? These things cost around ten bucks on ebay-if you can even find them anymore-, and for the quantities I use is perfect. Might not be good for substances that need precise 1-2 mg dose sensitivities though.....
Remember, if the women dont find you handsome.....they might as well find you handy.

Electric Kool-Aid
#28 Posted : 2/11/2012 11:45:29 PM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

^ I like it! Going back in time! Just like the manual hand drill for drilling the machine. Good karma in the old manual way.
I wish I had my grandfathers old triple beam right now!!! Comes in a nice glass wood frame case, very 20s style.
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

dooby
#29 Posted : 9/16/2013 2:14:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

corpus callosum wrote:
I think the cheap 0.001mg scales are adequate but theres a bit of a knack to using them optimally.IME, calibrating them with a reliable weight is important.I've also found that they dont behave half as well if you add your poison to the pan directly or onto a carrier such as a cigarette paper upon the said pan.

My approach is to calibrate the scales, add a cigarette paper to the pan and note its weight.I then remove the cigarette paper, add an eye-balled approximation of goodies onto the cigarette paper and THEN replace this onto the pan.The cigarette paper weighs say xmg alone, with goodies weighs y mg hence the weight of goodies is y-x mg; if this is incorrect for my venture then I will remove the loaded cigarette paper and then add/subtract goodies as required then re-weigh until the desired weight is achieved.I find the scales become fairly inaccurate if material is added to the pan in small quantities.

Great thinking! First of all, using the paper there will be no traces of any substance whatsoever on the scale itself, which certainly could help in damage reduction if you're ever busted...at least where I live...
Also, even the super-expensive lab-grade milligram scales need a minimum weight on them before they actually work properly... I would think that they fix this by using a small tray to weigh products in, but I'm not sure...
My avatar was taken from google images and is actually a work of art by NEIL GIBSON, credit where credit is due!

Bodies don't have souls - souls have bodies

Old enough to know better, young enough to try again

PREV12