We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
trying to nullify a cluster head ache with DMT Options

cosmicsailor
#1 Posted : 9/3/2013 4:08:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So i had a bottle of wine to night and anyone who suffers from cluster headaches knows that alcohol is a trigger. So i finished the bottle of wine and was reading about some ayahuasca article when i noticed a shadow "CH" so i waited for the full blowen attack and smoked some DMT. Now it didnt relieve me of the "CH" attack like i had hoped i smoked a small bowl of DMT to see if it would but i drifted off into my mind reflecting on my pass exp with dmt and was enjoying ever moment of it but was still feeling the cluster headache until i started coming down from the trip and it stopped Very happy. So in my exp with cluster headaches this is a godsend anything that can stop a full "CH" attack within 30 minutes is unheard of, it also means there is a legit medical use for DMT in the medical field atleast in my exp, it may not relieve every CH suffer from attacks but it did for me in small amount of time, hope you enjoyed this read
"There Are Things Known, and Things Unknown, and In Between Are the Doors." Jim Morrison

"The man who comes back through the Door in the Wall will never be quite the same as the man who went out. He will be wiser but less sure, happier but less self-satisfied, humbler in acknowledging his ignorance yet better equipped to understand the relationship of words to things, of systematic reasoning to the unfathomable mystery which it tries, forever vainly, to comprehend." Aldous Huxley

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Metanoia
#2 Posted : 9/3/2013 7:04:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's great news. I've been using mushrooms as a preventative treatment for my cluster headaches for some time now, so I haven't tested DMT in this way. If I ever have an attack again I'm going to try it.

null24
#3 Posted : 9/3/2013 8:24:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Wow, right on.

It makes all kinds of sense, psilocybin being shown to prevent and stop CH events.

Way to self experiment!
Thumbs up
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Global
#4 Posted : 9/3/2013 12:12:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Glad to hear it works for your cluster headaches. I'm a lifetime sufferer of IBS, and I can get some of the most painful moments of my life regularly from it. Even when I'm having the worst full-blown attack, if I smoke DMT, it usually dissipates instantly...not after the trip...not in the middle of the trip...like as instantly as the experience comes on (instantly Wink ). There's nothing else in my arsenal that comes even close, and when the experience is over, the pain and symptoms usually don't come back.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Jees
#5 Posted : 9/3/2013 12:18:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does it also work against migraines? My wife sometimes has those migraines.
Cluster vs. migraine

Metanoia
#6 Posted : 9/3/2013 9:12:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
Does it also work against migraines? My wife sometimes has those migraines.
Cluster vs. migraine

I would think it should work. It wouldn't hurt to try.

Migraines are usually caused by environmental or dietary factors. If you figure out the triggers you can stop them from happening completely.

cosmicsailor
#7 Posted : 9/4/2013 12:45:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Dioxippus how well have mushrooms been working for you? been awhile since i had some,cant find the right setting and also i cant eat them anymore and have no place i can make tea.
"There Are Things Known, and Things Unknown, and In Between Are the Doors." Jim Morrison

"The man who comes back through the Door in the Wall will never be quite the same as the man who went out. He will be wiser but less sure, happier but less self-satisfied, humbler in acknowledging his ignorance yet better equipped to understand the relationship of words to things, of systematic reasoning to the unfathomable mystery which it tries, forever vainly, to comprehend." Aldous Huxley

Metanoia
#8 Posted : 9/4/2013 1:08:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

They're absolutely amazing at preventing cluster headaches. I've also used Rivea corymbosa seeds to great success.

I actually stumbled upon the use of psilocybin for cluster headaches when I was younger. I started taking mushrooms and LSD and for months I didn't get an attack. Then when my friends changed and I started to drift away from psychedelic use for a while, they returned. After years of suffering my life was in shambles and I was desperate for something that would work. I remembered that the only long period of time I didn't have an attack was when I was using psychedelics, so I went online and sure enough, there was a whole community of people saying that mushrooms helped them with their headaches. The rest is history Smile

I haven't had one single attack since I started growing my own mushrooms. I don't need to take a really high dose for them to be effective either. You only need to really have a threshold experience for it to work, for most people.

The best way, if you're unable to eat them, is to powder them up and mix it with some hot chocolate Smile You don't have to brew the mushrooms at all. Just powder a gram or two and stir it in some hot chocolate.

cosmicsailor
#9 Posted : 9/4/2013 2:03:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the info ill have to try a small does of mushrooms, I would of thought that you would have to take a good amount of mushrooms to help prevent cluster headaches,also the last time i took lsa it made me feel like i was possessed by a warrior spirit,maybe it was the (HWRS), ill have to try the Rivea corymbosa seeds and how long do they prevent cluster headaches for? and how much do you take?

cosmicsailor
#10 Posted : 9/4/2013 4:31:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Also has anyone who suffers from cluster headaches tried 4-AcO-DMT as a preventative?

Metanoia
#11 Posted : 9/4/2013 6:40:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, you see, that's why I use the Rivea corymbosa seeds rather than HBWR or Morning Glory. Rivea seeds have less nasty effects and they're even less psychedelic, to be honest. You can take a good enough dose to deal with the CH and not really "trip". The dosage depends a lot on the person and the seeds themselves, so I won't give advice on that. I've noticed Rivea corymbosa seeds vary widely in potency. The dosage is somewhere between morning glories and HBWR though.

We're not supposed to discuss RC's like 4-aco-dmt here. I have tried it but it's my thinking that things like psilocybin and DMT and LSA are effective enough. You never know the purity of those research chemicals, whether they're labeled correctly, etc.

Just stick to the natural medicines Pleased

cosmicsailor
#12 Posted : 9/4/2013 10:25:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks again for all the info and the heads about about RCs and i agree with you to about sticking to the natural medicines to bad proabition is pretty forcing RCs upon the masses.

cosmicsailor
#13 Posted : 9/13/2013 1:23:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just thought I would update my progress with DMT and cluster headaches. I recently tried smoking dmt when I had a cluster headache but this time I loaded quite a bit more and the results have been wonderful. This time I smoked I was instantly relieved of the cluster headache after the 1st hit and since my headaches have been far less intense then they were before and the effects have been sorter. Also some people have asked me were I got the idea and I have to thank Erowid for it here is the trip repot.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=44397

Peace and love

Amphiprion
#14 Posted : 9/13/2013 7:15:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay so you have recreated the results twice. Try a third,and then find a fellow CH sufferer to recreate a 3X + CH relief result. Then we can start thinking about its potential benefits as a cure/ alleviating agent. you could be on to something here..
Regards
Amphi

Metanoia
#15 Posted : 9/13/2013 10:05:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's great news. It doesn't surprise me in the least, as psilocybin has essentially cured me of all cluster headaches for years now.

I'd be willing to stop my mushroom treatments to test DMT's efficacy. I have an extract from Acacia confusa, which also contains the tryptamine NMT. When thinking about tryptamines as a treatment for CH's, I was wondering how NMT might fare as well. If I can successfully separate the NMT from the Acacia extract I'd be willing to try that too. That's easier said than done, however, when I look at the discussions about this and how it could be achieved. Possibly a defat step in my next Acacia extraction will provide results.

cosmicsailor
#16 Posted : 9/13/2013 7:13:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ill let you guys know the results of the third test but i have very little amount of dmt left and i am moving back to canada in 2 weeks so it might be awhile before i can update you guys. Also Dioxippus let me know how your NMT extraction works.

HeavenlyBlue
#17 Posted : 9/14/2013 5:38:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone! I'm new here, but I've been with you all in spirit for quite some time now. greetings!

I used to suffer from chronic cluster headaches. Seven years with nearly a headache each day. I've been pain free since last new years, and my life is immeasurably better. I have never met a fellow clusterhead in person, but we experience a kind of suffering that no one ought to endure. Stay strong my dude. I know the feeling. Every time it hits you just imagine how good a revolver would feel right on your temple.

Although it could be a total coincidence, but around last new years was when I started to use DMT on a weekly to biweekly basis. For the first time ever, the headaches were gone. I'm even sitting here drinking a beer. I can drink beer now, like a normal red-blooded american. hahaha

It takes a decent amount to stop a headache in its tracks. Sometimes the frequency of dosing requires a bit of planning. I keep it to a good amount once a week and it hasn't failed me yet. It beats falling into another cycle. It does not work for everyone. The people at the clusterbusters website can help you with dosing and the different options for what medicine you can take. There is very little info on DMT there, because it isn't something to be taken lightly. The big advantage with DMT is that unlike other psychs, you don't have a long tolerance. If you get a rebound headache, just redose and it will go away. You have to take the beast head on. It's not an easy thing to do.

However, this is just my experience. It must be taken with a grain of salt. We all have different bodies after all.

Feel free to pm me on anything headache related. Even if you are just having a bad day. I've been there.

wish you the best of luck

SHroomtroll
#18 Posted : 9/14/2013 8:33:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cosmicsailor wrote:
Also has anyone who suffers from cluster headaches tried 4-AcO-DMT as a preventative?

I just wanted to add that 4-aco-dmt produces almost identical bodyload and vasoconstriction as mushrooms for me.

So its fair to assume it could have the same effect on cluster headaches.

Metanoia
#19 Posted : 9/14/2013 12:46:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think tryptamines in general are very good medicines for chronic migraines and/or cluster headaches.

Welcome HeavenlyBlue! Smile Nice to see another person has successfully overcome this unimaginable suffering with the help of psychedelics.

Unfortunately, yes, there is little information about DMT in particular as a treatment. Psilocybin mushrooms are easier to come by or grow yourself and are much easier to handle in the doses necessary to treat this condition. Same goes for the LSA containing seeds. Freebase DMT on the other hand.... Laughing

It may not work for everyone, but I think it's very important to test these medicines and their efficacy in treating cluster and migraine headaches. The more tools that are out there to relieve that suffering, the better. I'm very curious about NMT as a treatment since it provides such a bodyload feeling and isn't very visually active. I think it may have some real potential as a treatment without tossing you down the rabbit hole, so to speak Smile

Metanoia
#20 Posted : 9/14/2013 12:56:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If I can wrap my head around it, I'll be attempting this process with my next Acacia extraction:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=48737

Seems like it could indeed separate the NMT from the DMT.