We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Basified Acacia Confusa brew precipitated? Options

Sabnock
#1 Posted : 9/7/2013 1:14:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm hoping someone might possibly be able to tell me what has precipitated out of my Acacia Confusa brew. What i did was take 100 grams of Acacia Confusa powdered root bark, added 400mls of water and after a bit of shaking i left it to sit overnight.

Today, i filtered the root bark out, took 10 grams of Sodium Carbonate which was dissolved in about 75mls of warm water, and this solution was stirred into the Acacia Confusa brew.

When i did that, the brew instantly turned a brownish white, i could see something precipitating out, and i could see a mixture of different colors like blue, red, orange swirling together.

After allowing it to settle for a bit, i am left with an orangey red liquid, and what appears to be a whitish substance that has settled on the bottom that fills the jar about 2 and a half to 3 inches. The orangey red liquid and whitish precipitate are in 2 different layers it seems? What could it be?

I'm sure it can't be the DMT, but then again who knows... My plan is to just pour everything into a big bowl and allow it all to evaporate down, and then pull with Acetone. What i'm wondering though, is if i should filter out the precipitate or just keep it in there.

Thanks

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Sabnock
#2 Posted : 9/7/2013 2:18:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Bump, anyone know if i should filter whatever it is out or just leave it in the liquid for evaporation?

acacian
#3 Posted : 9/8/2013 3:10:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

it could be sodium carb that hasn't dissolved properly.. or it could be the dmt. i've noticed with basing sometimes that if the solution is not at a high enough ph the precipitates just fall to the bottom. its could certainly be your dmt. either way. try adding a bit more sodium carb and then pull with solvent. you should get something