We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Greetings, looking for help identifying plant species :) Options

Baron B
#1 Posted : 9/3/2013 3:24:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone. My name is Baron Smile

I've cruised the forum a few times and decided that now is the time to register. It seems like a great place to learn new ideas and discuss experiences and interpretations.

Today I cleared out a lot of overgrowth in my garden - I took photos of several types of plants that are growing here, just in case I have something special here that I've never noticed before.

Is it possible to post photos in this forum for help identifying these plants? They are probably very boring, but I'd really like to find out for sure.

thanks in advance for any advice Smile

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DreaMTripper
#2 Posted : 9/3/2013 7:29:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welome to the nexus! Smile If theyre acacias check the acacia id thread.

null24
#3 Posted : 9/3/2013 8:16:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

What makes you think they are 'special'plants?
What climate/part of the word do you reside in, and what types ofspecial plants grow there?
Research into the local flora would be a good first step, then if you think you have a Mimosa, or acacia, out Phalaris, or some type of mushroom, or cacti, or hell, there may be some friendly toads running around there, then if you suspect such things may be present, post pics.
Of course, remember, it's up to you to maintain your anonymity, and digital pics have fingerprints...
Welcome to the Nexus, it's a gooood place too be!
So glad you made it!
Thumbs up
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Vodsel
#4 Posted : 9/3/2013 10:16:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

null24 wrote:
Of course, remember, it's up to you to maintain your anonymity, and digital pics have fingerprints...

That is not a problem, if it's a concern at all (and probably posting pictures of what is growing in one's garden should not be a concern) since the forum software will remove the metadata of uploaded digital camera pictures.

So you can definitely post pictures for ID, but please make sure you do a little preliminary work before posting right away anything captured by your camera. Select them a little in advance and only post those that allow for reasonable doubt.