We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pictures of Specimens Available for Testing in the Trichocereus, Lophophora. Mescaline Workspace Options

Cosmic Spore
#1 Posted : 9/1/2013 12:21:45 AM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

If members are interested in joining the efforts described in Trichocereus, Lophophora, etc. Mescaline Workspace, please post pictures of specimens available for analysis here.

These are my newest additions to my cactus collection. All labeled and beautiful; ones attached to post #1 are from SS Smile Thumbs up

I decided to show images of many of the Trichocereus specimens that I have available for analysis, but I didn't want to overcrowd the Trichocereus, Lophophora, etc. Mescaline Workspace.

Pic #1. Trichocereus bridgesii "Lotusland" Melted Wax.
Pic #2. Trichocereus peruvianus "Serra Blue".
Pic #3. Trichocereus sp. "Torres & Torres". (5)
Pic #4. Trichocereus peruvianus "Los Gentiles" mature seedlings. (2)
Pic #5. Trichocereus bridgesii monstrosus clone A, aka TBM Tall Form, aka TBM type A. (2)
Pic #6. Trichocereus bridgesii "Murple #7". (2)
Pic #7. Trichocereus peruvianus "Los Gentiles" cuttings. (2)
Pic #8. Trichocereus sp."BK09509.2 'San Pedro' -Chavín de Huántar, Peru". *Gift/Bonus
Cosmic Spore attached the following image(s):
IMG_1836.JPG (2,778kb) downloaded 601 time(s).
IMG_1838.JPG (2,622kb) downloaded 595 time(s).
IMG_1839.JPG (2,920kb) downloaded 597 time(s).
IMG_1840.JPG (2,679kb) downloaded 599 time(s).
IMG_1841.JPG (2,763kb) downloaded 595 time(s).
IMG_1842.JPG (2,672kb) downloaded 595 time(s).
IMG_1845.JPG (2,702kb) downloaded 598 time(s).
IMG_1843.JPG (2,830kb) downloaded 596 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Mitakuye Oyasin
#2 Posted : 9/1/2013 1:22:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Drool! I dream of a large cactus garden where Nexians are able to trade cactus specimens freely with each other as they add to the garden.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

DeDao
#3 Posted : 9/1/2013 1:34:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting! Thanks so much for sharing.

What are those names under "T. Peruvian" for example? "Lotus Land"?

"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Cosmic Spore
#4 Posted : 9/1/2013 1:43:42 AM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

DeDao wrote:
Interesting! Thanks so much for sharing.

What are those names under "T. Peruvian" for example? "Lotus Land"?

Thank you Smile

The names/phrases in "parentheses" are names of the particular variant (or subspecies, maybe sub-subspecies) of the species listed. Sometimes this references vendors that these cuttings have been grown by, sometimes named after the botanist(s) who discovered/first identified that specific variant; other times it is just what it was labeled as to distinguish the variant(s) as unique- and I received them labeled as the genus, species, then (sometimes) the name of the variant.

One reason this is done, is so that people can get attempt to get consistent results from a type of plant that has a lot of variety in potency, and can mention the best variety to others.

The goal of the analysis of these cacti (for me) is to find the best 5 to 10 Trichocereus cuttings/variants for the highest mescaline content, so that we can know the best of the best cacti for extraction purposes. (others may be less interested in extraction).

Cosmic Spore
#5 Posted : 9/2/2013 5:24:44 AM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

Pic #1. 8 seedlings of Trichocereus peruvianus "Icaros".

pic #2. One of my two cuttings of Trichocereus pachanoi/peruvianus hybrid monstrosus.
IMG_1846.JPG (3,301kb) downloaded 520 time(s).
IMG_1847.JPG (2,726kb) downloaded 521 time(s).

Cosmic Spore
#6 Posted : 9/13/2013 12:24:43 AM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

Picture #1 of this post is T. Bridgesii "Eileen" (2)

Picture #2 of this post are Trichocereus "SS01" and "SS02"

Picture #3 of this post (front row T. peruvianus; middle row mostly "Juul's Giant"; back row T. bridgesii.)
IMG_1915.JPG (2,828kb) downloaded 465 time(s).
IMG_1916.JPG (2,739kb) downloaded 465 time(s).
IMG_1918.JPG (3,317kb) downloaded 468 time(s).

tgun
#7 Posted : 9/15/2013 3:44:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im not sure I have what you are looking for? these are not named specefic varieties but just my cacti that could be tested and shared? I have quite a few starts from 2 Trichocereus bridgesii from cuts purchased a few years ago, one small Trichocereus bridgesii grown from seed and one san pedro bought at the same time/vendor as the others.

im not sure how to attach pics here yet.
tgun attached the following image(s):
cacti1.jpg (1,201kb) downloaded 442 time(s).
cacti.jpg (1,097kb) downloaded 442 time(s).

joshisom
#8 Posted : 9/16/2013 12:56:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i have several lophopora strains jourdiana, caespitosa, williamsii, and soon diffusa and decipens hopefully it things go good

Cosmic Spore
#9 Posted : 9/16/2013 1:14:17 AM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

Thanks to both of you Very happy

I think that even unnamed varieties would be nice to test. I hope we can compare what effect some potential variables have on mescaline content (such as the environmental conditions, or soil).

I'm happy to have nexus members on board, thank you all.

SalviaDroid
#10 Posted : 9/16/2013 4:19:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

These Cactus pictures are so beautiful! Such a wonderful plant and an immense creation these are by the almighty. Truly not the evil of which our culture makes them out to be. Thank you for sharing these!

tgun
#11 Posted : 9/19/2013 8:43:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice collection and garden Cosmic! I guess in the future I can label exactly which cuts came from which parent with the bridgesii. If testing both as some point could be done. A Larger or smaller analysis could be done to see which is more prominent in the alkaloids we are looking for.

I have been thinking about age and enviromenal differences also lately. Since with these I have both "hybernated" them during the winter and/or had them under grow lights and outdoors during the summer during different portions of their lives that would be hard to tell at the moment. I believe the parents were grown outdoors originaly (still have stumps or logs producing pups) since they came in 3" diameter logs that I havnt been able to achieve with only 3-4 years and indoor techniques yet. Its nice to see they do well in dirtbags as I have an abundance of those right now that Ill plant and winter the new cuttings in. Im only allowed one grow light this winter lol so I will try out the one galllon bags to hopefully keep them all growing rather than sleeping this winter. They really seemed to respond to my 10k blue spectum MH from a past saltwater aquarium last winter.

Anyways, Im very interested. lol. This was the first year that I had some extra middle sections to play around with and I just made a simple tea that included samples of all 3 main parents. Very nice I must say though it wasnt alot or anything. Oh well, next year...

I cannot test them myself yet in a collumn or anyting since my fairly small distilation science equipment doesnt have all thats required yet. I have read up on the subject and would like to learn the procedures at some point though. Money and time allowing of course. I would also love to expand my garden. There is a greenhouse plan in my future as I already have the frame and most supplies that Ill need for it.

Squirrel
#12 Posted : 9/20/2013 12:03:42 AM

DMT - Not yet

Woh this is really cool, so are they phsycoactive cactus or just just for collection.

tgun
#13 Posted : 9/20/2013 12:23:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes they are active but you can see Cosmics cacti are more of a collection also.

sleepypelican
#14 Posted : 9/20/2013 7:22:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

beautiful! is that the infamous penis cactus i see? I have a couple of the KK242 variety of torch growing and am curious to it's mescaline content also...
In dreams...I walk with you
In dreams...I talk to you
In dreams...Your mine
All of the time
We're together
In dreams...In dreams

Cosmic Spore
#15 Posted : 9/21/2013 11:00:56 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

A psychoactive cactus collection which will be tested with TLC to discover which variety is the best for extraction. The environmental conditions, and whether they have been grafted should be noted- when possible
(I'll describe those things in relation to my cuttings closer to the test date.)

I'm thankful to members who are interested in joining the effort in some way, and I hope this catches on with other members. Trichocereus/Lophophora Workspace

There is a penis cactus within the 1st post this thread, the 3rd from the last pic in post 1 (Trichocereus bridgesii monstrosus clone A).

xram
#16 Posted : 3/19/2014 3:34:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Cosmic Spore, really awesome collection. Got me pretty jealous here. My friend is just starting his collection (it's tough where he lives), but would be happy to contribute samples once everything is underway, assuming the process is pretty non-invasive for the plants. In fact, it would be very helpful for him, as it may be some time before he can successfully test them (he doesn't do teas or resins these days, only extracted mesc, so he needs a fair amount of material to test).

All should hopefully be active to some degree, and will have a home in his garden regardless, but it would be great to know which to focus on. Some are quite small and not ready to take samples from yet, but he will be happy to send what he can now and more as they mature.

I know that many folks have lots of different unnamed plants. I am hoping that once this project takes off, we'll find a few that do very well, and they may ultimately acquire names and be spread around the community (though not through this site specifically, as I know even legal trading contravenes the rules). Due to the nature of this hobby, we are way behind the cannabis community, but I'm glad people are taking the initiative to rectify that.

One thing I would suggest is that with each sample included, all possible information about the plant should be catalogued as well - particularly growth rate. A cactus with a high-alkaloid concentration is great, but if it takes eons to get big enough, it's not that helpful for extraction purposes (which is why, though they're lovely plants, my friend doesn't bother with lophs).

xram
#17 Posted : 3/19/2014 3:47:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

By the way, have you sampled any of these cacti yet? Are there any that you already know to be particularly active? My friend says he has heard good things about Eileen: ~2% mesc or 2% alks, depending on report, and a pretty good growth rate. Unfortunately he hasn't seen it around stateside.

Cosmic Spore
#18 Posted : 3/19/2014 3:51:29 AM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

I am hoping that Substance Analysis Kit - Wanna know whats in that plant or drug? will not be a lost goal; such things would help the community.

Either that, or I'll have 2 other options: 1, send samples off for testing or 2, extract samples carefully and try to calculate yield.

I sure hope I haven't put myself in the position to do that many small scale extractions, but one way or another, eventually, all of these types need compared scientifically.

I haven't consumed any yet, except a PC pachanoi (tea), which I vomited after 36 minutes -> no effects.

downwardsfromzero
#19 Posted : 1/3/2015 2:44:13 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Vomiting is an effect, isn't it? Very happy

Drooling at some of those pics, I'll see about getting some pics in of my own Trichocereus collection before long.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli