We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Space Paste Thread Options

oilman
#1 Posted : 7/29/2013 4:33:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Have You Taken Space Paste?

Oddly enough, I had taken nutmeg about 20 times in my youth, and now many years later, I wanted to try this out. http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=1619. So I went to the market and got all the ingredients; the only thing they didn't have was raw pistachios, so I used rosted ones. I mixed everything together in a food processor, but I didn't add the honey to make it into a paste consistency. Instead I just took 2 tablespoons full and ate it straight. It was spicy, but not that bad.

00:00 Eat the space paste. Tastes strroong.
00:30 Something is up. I feel a lot of energy, and something is up with my vision. Tracers
01:30 I'm coming up to something bigger
03:00 Holy crap, I'm tripping out. This wasnt' that much nutmeg, I don't understand why I'm so high. This is nuts (literally, ha) [ed: ha! I was so messed up]
08:00 STILL GOING STRONG! Very intesnse [ed: oops!]
10:00 getting very tired, losing power........

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

adam
#2 Posted : 7/29/2013 4:42:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Messed around with nutmeg when I was probably 15 or 16 I remember feeling nothing, until ten hours later when I began to feel delirious and continued to feel that way for probably another ten hours. It was a real downer for me.

I don't remember how much I took I just remember I didn't like it, to much body load.

oilman
#3 Posted : 7/29/2013 2:24:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

when I tried nutmeg before, also when I was about 16, I found only one brand (from a local drug store, generic) that always made me trip. Like, I mean hardcore tripping; faces were weird colors, I was overjoyed, everything was funny, light was distorted. But every other brand I never got that totally immersive feeling; like you say it was just body load. It was CVS brand, by the way (a US drugstore), but they stopped carrying nutmeg (maybe it was too good? ha)

With the space paste, it was a much less bodyload, drymouth experience, and more like pot. I liked it. Today I am trying again, this time 3 tablespoons of Space Mix (I felt like dropping the "paste" portion for "mix" since I decided not to add honey or syrup). It's about 2 hours in, I already feel stoned. But I'm just happy, not sick or delirious. The last time I tried this batch I drank 2 liters of water and the next day I had no hangover.

I took the mix at 7am, so that I could experience all day long. I will let you know what I feel and find with another report. Somethings that I've noticed are, for the first 3 or 4 hours, I feel very energized, plus an element of a pot like buzz. But I'd say the beginning is more like a regular psychedelic...similar to mescaline if I had to compare. Then, around 5 or 6 hours in, it changes, and I feel the nutmeg hardcore and then I'm really feeling it. When I used to take nutmeg, even the good stuff (sound funny talking about a kitchen spice, buy hey!), I would feel pretty crappy for 4-6 hours, then the stuff would kick in and I'd feel high. Here, it starts quickly, maybe 30 minutes in.

It's no joke, by the way - you have to really respect this stuff. Also, I think I added extra pistachios and almonds, but that's a good thing because it tastes normal enough to eat without getting sick. Instead of measuring 4 tablspoons I used the big scoop at the market and got one scoop of each nut.

oilman
#4 Posted : 7/30/2013 3:20:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, report from yesterday, I feel great today and had a very intense experience which lasted through sleep into the morning:

00:00 I eat 3 tablespoons of space mix. I wash it down with some water.

00:30 I'm starting to feel the first wave of effects. I'm getting spaced out. I was just sitting with a friend and talking and I was having a lot of trouble figuring out what he was saying.

02:00 Things are heating up. I feel warm in my core and a little cold in my fingers and toes. I feel very content, starting to feel waves of euphoria.

03:30 The euphoria is much more pronounced. Colors are starting to change. I'm going to space land ... feels much heavier than 2 tablespoons did, maybe this will throw the trip into +++ land .

05:00 [ed: not sure of the exact time this change happened, but I suddenly realized I was tripping my balls off!] WOOOOOAAAAA. Everything is changing, the world looks almost like a cartoon. I keep drifting off in my mind to far away lands and thoughts. Reminds me of an intense brownie, but this is much more visual and trippy. I'm still very pumped up and happy but feeling very far from base at the same time.

06:00 The intense euphoria is wearing off, but the crazy trippiness isn't! It's getting stronger! Everything I see looks like it's drawn on to the canvas of existence, but with double lines and popped out colors. More intense than any other experience with nutmeg. My mouth isn't dry, but does have a strange taste. I'm drinking 2 liters of water now to stay hydrated.

08:00 HOW IS THIS STILL GETTING STRONGER ... The space outs and brief visions are getting more intense and longer, but maybe not longer because time is moving veeerrryyy slllooowwwwwllly. Really, I was hanging out with someone for what seemed like hours only to look at the time and see that about 10 minutes had passed. This rivals some much "heavier" substances. I'm gone, I'm very gone from normal existence and yet everything looks rather familiar. I know that I'm seeing the world, but it has changed and might stay this way. I feel fear and joy at the same time, the joy of a new discovery but the fear that this might not return me as I was.

10:00 Effects are the same. I'm still spacey.

12:00 The visions have slowed, the space outs have slowed. I just feel like I smoked a ton of bud and just came up, but in reality I've been tripping out for hooouuuurrrsss.

14:00 Getting close to bed time, I'm beat. I'm still high.

23:00 (NEXT MORNING) Woke up in a nutmeg haze, still feel the effects but they're weaker, the world looks basically normal again but I still feel a low level effect.

It's been 27 hours since taking the space mix. I'm basically back from my trip, but I feel a level of peace and serenity. It was powerful experience. I was shown some very intense things about my life, my direction, my faith, and my true priorities. I felt that it spoke to me in a special way, and I am grateful for the experience.

I did end up drinking the 2 liters of water. I felt totally fine this morning, just tired.

oilman
#5 Posted : 7/30/2013 3:31:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I want to add some extra info on my selection of nutmeg for space paste. I used pre-ground nutmeg and here's why. I've noticed that if you get pre-ground nutmeg, there are two colors that they come in. The first is a sandy brown color. The second is a darker, reddish brown color. I've taken nutmeg many times before, and the "good stuff" is the dark reddish brown color. The sandy brown color is not that good, and usually doesn't make me trip on its own. These are the first two times I've used space paste, so I don't know if the sandy brown color will work. The reason I want pre-ground is so that I can see the color beforehand. I've tried grinding whole nutmeg by itself and taking that which usually worked, but a couple of times that didn't work either, so I think there could potentially be two strains of nutmeg - one that makes you trip and one that doesn't. Actually, while writing this it occurs to me that maybe this is why some people hate nutmeg, maybe they got the bad strain?

I'm going to research strains now! I'm actually excited to look this up and do some nutmeg research! Man, when I was a kid this was what we did so our parents wouldn't smell smoke on us, and we'd feel like crap for days afterwards - space paste is much better. Thumbs up

DMTbenderDMT
#6 Posted : 7/31/2013 6:22:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

very curious, can one extract the actives of nutmeg and go about it that way. space paste sounds heavy

oilman
#7 Posted : 7/31/2013 3:00:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

here's the thing, no one really understands how nutmeg works. There have been all kinds of theories. Shulgin seemed to think that essential oils contained in the nutmeg which he calls "Essential Amphetamines" become actual amphetamines in the body, but that's wrong because if you drug test someone while their high on nutmeg they don't fail an amphetamines test (meaning their are no metabolites of amphetamines in the subject's urine). Other reviews and studies seem to suggest that these "essential amphetamines" might be active on their own, and be a different class of drugs. Go to the erowid.org nutmeg vault and look at the research section, it will give you the abstracts for sure and some of the full articles about these theories.

But here's the real kicker. The active in nutmeg was originally thought to be myristicin, but in one of the papers, if you give just myristicin to human subjects only 4 out of 10 got effects from it, and it didn't account for all of the nutmeg action. Whole nutmeg, though, works in everybody from what I gather. So it's possible that something in the fixed oil of nutmeg ( "nutmeg butter" ) is helping to activate whatever makes you trip.

Whoever invented space paste either figured out the action of nutmeg, or more likely, added a lot of other things to the mix that inhibit all types of enzymes in your body. They also add aldehydes and all sorts of other fun things (these spices all have tons of Shulgin's "Essential Amphetamines" too; whatever activates them in nutmeg might activate these other ones as well).

I've tried recently (I posted this elsewhere) to mix basically the contents of space paste and soak them in ethanol (I used both regular wine and 96& EtOH), and then drink the "space wine". Space wine worked ok, but definitely not as crazy as the space paste. So again their might be something to the actually solid bits of nutmeg that makes it work better or the fixed oil fraction, but I don't know and I don't think anyone exactly undestands how it works.

So to answer your question, there might be a way, but I don't know that we know yet what we're looking for. Research project? There might also be interaction between all those different spices (and maybe the nuts too), who knows. But I'm willing to do any amount of research on this, space paste rocks. Thumbs up

oilman
#8 Posted : 8/1/2013 6:30:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I took one for the team and did space paste two days in a row, same dose. I felt that the second day was weaker than the first. I'm not sure if that's because of tolerance like with other psychedelics, or maybe I had learned to cope with it at some degree. So 2 days in a row, I would not recommend. I still got high, but it didn't blow my mind. Either that was a rare gem or waiting will be good ... more experiments ...

hixidom
#9 Posted : 8/2/2013 2:53:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I remember the first (and perhaps only) Erowid report I read about nutmeg use. The user stated, in closing, that the experience was generally unpleasant, but that he would probably appreciate it more now that he was older. I never tried nutmeg and I don't really know why. It can't be more unpleasant than MGS. Since I am older and have learned enjoy even "unpleasant" experiences, perhaps I'll give it a try. I never tried cough syrup either (I was a sad excuse for a teenager).
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

PsilocybeChild
#10 Posted : 8/2/2013 11:14:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A user "flowerpower" on another forum talked about a similar recipe that she stumbled upon:

Quote:
2 oz star anise
2 oz basil
2 oz allspice
2 oz nutmeg
2 oz cinnamon
2 oz black pepper

And mixed with cheap wine and let it soak for a day. This got me very turned on indeed. I found after the second glass effects were immediate. I gave to others and they got off too.

Quote:
The space paste tended to be stronger WHEN IT WORKED - but it usually didn't. I've tried this a few times, and it always worked.

I've been meaning to try it.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

oilman
#11 Posted : 8/2/2013 3:33:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe flowerpower used the sandy brown nutmeg sometimes and that's why it didn't work? I think she saw my post on here from a while back about that experiment I did.

I looked up the full text of Shulgin's paper on nutmeg, which you can find here. The second half is about his theory that nutmeg components become amphetamines, which has been disproven. But the first part talks about the different things you find in nutmeg and the variability of composition among batches. He considers the most likely compounds to contribute to the effect to be safrole, myristicin, and elemicin, which has been thought by others as well (check out the numeg research section on erowid for a bibliography). In his team's analysis, Shulgin found that elemicin varied the most out of any component of nutmeg. Maybe nutmeg that doesn't work well is low in elemicin?

I've read some wild theories that elemicin by itself will get you high, but I have yet to find any study that showed that conclusively and it seems like most people don't get anything from elemicin alone, save a few (maybe). I'm not sure. But Shulgin is smarter than me, so maybe he's on to something.

Does anyone know what color elemicin is? Does it stain things a reddish/goldish brown rather than a lighter, sandy brown?

oilman
#12 Posted : 8/2/2013 3:45:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The other thing is, I don't understand how just mixing those spices together makes it so much stronger. I've taken 3 tablespoons of straight nutmeg that made me trip as hard as 3 tablespoons of space paste. Space paste, though, is 4 tablespoons total spread out amongst everything. What in these other ingredients is making it so heavy?

hixidom
#13 Posted : 8/3/2013 12:18:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
What in these other ingredients is making it so heavy?

Nutmeg contains an MAOI. Perhaps the MAOI in the nutmeg enhances the psychedelic properties of one of the other ingredients of space paste. One of the other ingredients may contain a psychoactive chemical that is broken down too quickly to have an effect without the MAOI from the nutmeg.

To test this, make space paste but replace the nutmeg with an MAOI such as syrian rue seeds (I've heard that they produce little to no symptoms on their own). Or take the alternate MAOI with each ingredient individually to see which is producing the psychedelic effects.

adam
#14 Posted : 8/9/2013 3:45:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hixidom wrote:

To test this, make space paste but replace the nutmeg with an MAOI such as syrian rue seeds (I've heard that they produce little to no symptoms on their own). Or take the alternate MAOI with each ingredient individually to see which is producing the psychedelic effects.

Syrian Rue seeds contain beta carbolines which can be quite psychedelic on their own.

oilman
#15 Posted : 8/12/2013 3:27:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I made some new space paste mix. This time I was much more careful about measuring out the nuts (I added 4 tablespoons of each and no more) before I ground it all together. I also went to a few markets until I found a canister of ground, reddish nutmeg.

This stuff is much much stronger, and I think it's because it is a more concentrated mix. The nuts are in the right proportions with everything else, and it isn't diluting the mix.

Potency: last time, 2 tablespoons was a moderate dose. This time, 2 tablespoons has gotten me totally messed up stoned. It feels like really heavy brownies. I ate the mix 7 hours ago. From about hour 4 until now, I've been just getting more and more high. It's kind of ridiculous. I had almost forgotten that I ate the mix when the feeling suddenly came over me that I was stoned. Now, in hour 7, I'm at the point where I'm starting to have these space outs, where I completely am out of my body in another universe (that's what it feels like), but the feeling only lasts about 5-10 seconds. I had this feeling when I took 3 tablespoons of the last mix, but now with 2 tablespoons with everything in the right proportions, it's waaaay stronger than 3 tablespoons last time. Like, a whole lot stronger. I was planning to go to bed soon, but I'm now totally wired and tripping out.

We'll discuss this later (if I remember it!)

oilman
#16 Posted : 8/27/2013 7:59:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OK. So I've been experimenting a bit with this stuff. It's hardcore. The strongest prep I've done so far is td make the space paste mix like normal, but then ALSO mix 1 tablespoon of straight up reddish nutmeg along with it. This makes the experience muuuuuch more intense, but only 1 table spoon of nutmeg seems to not have enough punch on its own to inflict much in the way of side effects.

ZenSpice
#17 Posted : 8/27/2013 8:20:07 PM

Mostly Ignored

I half fear asking this but does anyone know the potential for positive benefit or negative experience, even potential for harm if vaping DMT while using this concoction.

Reading words regarding MAOI makes me think it could be possibly beneficial but then reading words regarding it being like very heavily stoned (spacecake etc) I wonder if it would be more negative (like the expected combination of DMT & Cannabis).

I raise it as if it has been a passing thought for me there will likely be some who may read and give it a go.. If it is known to be risky I wouldn't myself but as a possible MAOI and psychedelic potentiator I would be considering having a try.

hixidom
#18 Posted : 8/29/2013 4:03:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I tried nutmeg for the first time a few weeks ago. It was indeed like being stoned for over 24 hours. I had a slight feeling of nausea the entire time, but I would compare it to discomfort from "the munchies". Overall, the negative effects were minimal compared to the high feeling. If I had to draw a negative from the experience, it would be that being stoned constantly seemed rather cumbersome after the first day or so. Space paste may be more powerful, but I imagine that that would only make the long experience even more of an ordeal.

Entheogenerator
#19 Posted : 8/29/2013 5:57:02 AM

Homo discens

I have read conflicting reports on the effects of nutmeg. Some say it is comparable to a long-lasting cannabis experience, some say it is an powerful and euphoric psychedelic, and others even say that it is comparable to psychoactive doses of diphenhydramine: long-lasting, extremely uncomfortable, and overall traumatically terrifying. Strictly due to curiosity and simplicity/availability, I am planning on using this "Space Paste" recipe and doing my own bioassay at some point soon. Thanks for the info!
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

PsilocybeChild
#20 Posted : 8/31/2013 7:52:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@oilman, you should try the space paste recipe, but try it with therapeutic grade nutmeg essential oil.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

123NEXT