We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A. Colubrina Extraction Discovery? Options

Entheogenerator
#1 Posted : 8/27/2013 9:31:01 PM

Homo discens

I recently decided to embark on my first bufotenine extraction, and I found something that I had not read anywhere, but might be helpful for people having the same problem I did. Here's my procedure so far:
-28g seeds powdered
-28g sodium carbonate added, mixed with just enough water to make a paste
-Dried paste in low-temp oven and repowdered
-Dry acetone added to powder, about 2x the volume of the powder
-Mixed well and separated acetone
-Repeated several pulls with new acetone, combining the cloudy, yellowish pulls
-FASA added slowly to solution until precipitation is no longer increasing
-Solution left overnight to crystallize
Today, according to the teks I have read, crude bufortenine fumerate crystals should have appeared, but they had not. My thinking was that I had used too much acetone and the solution was too diluted for the bufotenine to precipitate. I placed my uncovered salting vessel in a warm water bath to reduce it for a while, and unexpectedly, the bufotenine fumerate began to separate and collect on the bottom of the jar, leaving the solution significantly less cloudy. I had not read about this on The Nexus or elsewhere, so I figured I would share my findings with you. Thanks for reading Thumbs up
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jamie
#2 Posted : 8/27/2013 10:02:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

this is not a new tek. Just add more FASA.
Long live the unwoke.

Entheogenerator
#3 Posted : 8/27/2013 10:24:34 PM

Homo discens

jamie wrote:
this is not a new tek. Just add for FASA.

I realize it is not a new tek, and I didn't mean to give the impression that I was providing a new tek. In fact it is a tek that endlessness recommended to me when I asked for advice on A. colubrine vs. A. peregrina. I just had not read anything here about using heat to separate bufotenine fumerate from acetone pulls when the solution is too dilute to crystallize. So I just thought I would share that.
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

endlessness
#4 Posted : 8/27/2013 10:46:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting, thanks for sharing! I was wondering if maybe your acetone had some residual water that held the bufotenine bufotenine dissolved in it or something.

In any case, it makes sense that evaporating would make alkaloids precipitate since it would lower the solubility. If it didn't precipitate, you could also simply evaporate all the acetone, which would yield your bufotenine fumarates + excess fumaric acid + whatever other impurities.. Then you could proceed to freebase it as I mentioned to you in the other thread and proceed to further purification from there

Entheogenerator
#5 Posted : 8/27/2013 10:50:41 PM

Homo discens

I don't think there was any water in the acetone I used, but that's certainly a possibility. My intention was to reduce the volume of the acetone solution, but putting it in the heat bath caused the alkaloids to separate out within a few minutes, before the solution had time to reduce more than a few mL. Evaporating was my backup plan, but only as a last resort because I ended up with quite a large volume of bufotenine-containing acetone.

jamie
#6 Posted : 8/27/2013 11:14:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

just add more fasa like I said. I have done that tek lots of times. If you add more fasa and it does not work than there is probly no bufotenine in there.
Long live the unwoke.