We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salutations Brothers, Sisters, and Beautiful Souls of Ambiguous Flesh! Options

lazy shaman
#1 Posted : 8/27/2013 10:47:44 AM

Konsult your Pineal Gland

Salutations Cosmik Kats and Fellow Neurological-Magicians!

Very happy to have stumbled across this digital community which is chock full of information, wisdom, good naturedness and the most delicious of pictures!

I have decided to sign my life away and join you guys as a fully fledged member (are there any ego exploding initiation rites I have to undertake? I hope so!) because I just me a raving hermit up in the Himalayan foothills who wishes, for purely academic reasons, to research different ‘teks’, and tips related to them, as his consort Her Highness Eris Discordia has procured 500g of Mimosa bark and is currently making her way to his kitchen-like cave.

Everything looks pretty straightforward, last I heard he was intending to carry out a STB
tek (possibly the one posted by Gir with lots of pictures found here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=11797) but is wondering if it is possible (beneficial?) to combine this with the salt and vinegar (yum) option presented to us in Cybs' Hybrid ATB 'Salt' tek.

I believe said Hermit will be undertaking this wee experiment within a month and plans to update with photos and descriptions throughout (as a log for himself for future repeats, and also a blow by blow account for any other intrepid explorers).

But, enough of the Hermit.

I hail from the northern climes of bonny Europe, started dipping my toes into the mystik state as a bairn after pick pocketing books of zen, daoism, and hinduism from a wandering wizard, and met Lucy for the first time in later teenage years. With this initiation (a friends dilated eyes in a darkened corner, a potion proffered to my lips, huge anxiety coupled with anticipated seismic change, the words whispered ‘Trust Me’, followed by hours of waves and delvings into rabbit holes of both body and mind) my reality tunnels were rendered clay-like, malleable, and I woke once more to the world around. It was then that I found the sakred mantra- ‘KONSULT YOUR PINEAL GLAND.’

Since that moment it’s been a constant journey through fierce meditation, deconditioning, travelling to mother India, hitchhiking from here to Timbuktu, philosophizing, waxing lyrical, and generally have a good old time in this beautiful trip we are presented with.
After tasting spice for the first time I knew there was even more to explore, experience, and learn from. Soon after I had a Yage medicine ceremony in a sacred forest near my nest at the time with a shaman coming over from Ecuador... Definitely don’t want to clutter up more of your computer screen with my ramblings so will save that journey for another time-space. Long story short- one cup was enough to blast me through 10 levels of hell, 13 worlds of bliss, several different time lines, 3 alternative life-reviews, a lot of terror, a lot of pain in every cell of my body (from the most unimaginable cold to a granite melting heat in the wink of the goddess’ eye), and all brought together at the end by a brother holding me in the lotus position, massaging my forehead with the vision of Ganesha (remover of obstacles) filling the sky, with his trunk channeling peace, assuredness, acceptance and stillness down and into my core.

Well, you disco-biscuits did ask for an ‘Introduction Essay’ so I hope this will suffice. As I said, my Hermit friend is hoping to have his bark within 2-3 weeks and will be drawing upon your fountains of wisdom when ready!

Bliss and a kiss to you all, very much looking forward to being an active member of this forum!

Chao,
L.S.

a.k.a. Prince Tanuki Bewilderforce III, Patron Saint to the ‘Syphilitic Seamstresses Guild’, an offshoot of the ‘Pan-Eris Unification Committee of Kabul.’

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

cyb
#2 Posted : 8/27/2013 11:10:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

lazy shaman wrote:
are there any ego exploding initiation rites I have to undertake? I hope so!

Welcome
If you would like to donate your freshly harvested Pineal Gland (packed in ice) for analysis asap. I'm sure we could see you flying up the ranks forthwith.

Start with one tek and stick to it to begin with till you get a feel for it, that way you can be sure of a decent outcome. (check sig for starter teks)

Have fun here and

All Hail Eris...

edit: Starter tek for 50-100g bark
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

lazy shaman
#3 Posted : 8/27/2013 11:30:53 AM

I'm afraid that if I let it out of my sight it may find its way into the hands of that most unholy of goddess Sluts! I'll keep it caged up in this mortal coil for now, as it gorges itself on twice-daily death reflections.

Check sig for starter kits? I am afraid I am not well versed in this technical jargon of the digital age! (a quick search of DN has resulted in nothing to change this)

I do believe the Hermit is all good on the tek front, he will stick with one for 100g, and either amend or amalgamate afterwards, depending on results, for the remaining 400g!

I do, however, have a couple of incredible simple issues that need resolved:

1. I saw one tek talking about stretching out the process for 30 days or so...that seems inordinately long. I imagined, reading through a handful of teks, that it could be done in a day? Time is not an issue for me, but I am wondering how long one should be leaving the mixture for etc. Is it beneficial to mix the mimosa with NaOH and leave it for 24hours or so?

2. Now, this is really going to sound daft...all this talk of 'pulls' in teks I just want to clarify something. When one first removes the naptha for evaporation/freezing, all that funky dark liquid that is left behind (the mimosa mush) is retained to be remixed with more naptha, and this is called a 'pull'? If so, how many pulls can one expect to do before the salts are no longer present? And when would one know that this is the case?

I do apologize for such noob questions, I have tried searching the forum to find answers and have also scoured numerous teks, but the internet is an overwhelming place and all you cats seem quite friendly so thought I would take a plunge and ask!

cyb
#4 Posted : 8/27/2013 11:41:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Quote:
all this talk of 'pulls' in teks

>Here<

30 days is daft...you can perform an extraction in a day no problem.
You can do my tek with 100g bark...everything stays the same. Thumbs up
Click on link in signature (sig) below (Cybs' Hybrid ATB 'Salt' Tek)

lazy shaman
#5 Posted : 8/27/2013 12:20:40 PM

Ah you wonderful man! Just as I imagined.

I currently have your very easy to follow (foolproof, I hesitate to say) diagram as my background in order to absorb the entire process beforehand.

Thanks for the clarification on 'sig', I am somewhat of a latecomer to all this internetwizardry despite being a child of the digital generation.

AHE!!!

jbark
#6 Posted : 8/27/2013 1:42:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Warm welcome wee wordy wizard.

I liked your intro - playful, clever, curious. You'll fit in well here I am sure. And don't be intimidated by teks or tech talk. The principles are all rather quite simple. There is an overview that covers them in the wiki, if you haven't already stumbled across it:

DMT EXTRACTION OVERVIEW

Once you understand the basic steps and why, the teks become simple recipes.

Enjoy!

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

General Gypsy
#7 Posted : 8/27/2013 2:10:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Absolutely enjoyable introduction essay!
"Many of us who have experienced psychedelics feel very much that they are sacred tools. They open spiritual awareness."
"The elimination of the fear of death transforms the individual's way of being in the world." -Stanislav Grof

"My advice to people today is as follows: if you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out."
"Drop Out--detach yourself from the external social drama which is as dehydrated and ersatz as TV. Turn On--find a sacrament which returns you to the temple of God, your own body. Go out of your mind. Get high. Tune In--be reborn. Drop back in to express it. Start a new sequence of behavior that reflects your vision." -Timothy Leary

lazy shaman
#8 Posted : 8/27/2013 3:18:03 PM

Warm words chaps, warm words indeed!

Teks are far from intimidating, all seems clear, I'm reawakening my high-school Christian chemistry teachers sage advice, I know he would approve of such teachings being put to sacramental use. Twisted Evil

So, whilst all is going smoothly in that respect, I do, or rather, the Hermit, does have a far more pressing issue...

It is said that he currently lives on the other side of the world in an ultra-conservative, backwards, prohibitive society where twisting up a rollie is looked upon in horror but slurping down rotten, fermented, fish essence infused cabbage is part of the daily schedule.

This means...importing such things which are not natural plant dyes (hehe) could flag unwanted suspicion and would be unexplainable for said Hermit if confronted by the Nova Mob due to his somewhat rugged, inked, and altogether hairy appearance. My dilemma is this: I am not able to import a GVG (which appears to be the best option by far), nor anything similar; I am going to have to McGuiver (sp?) something of my own *with limited access to tools/equipment*. This means any suggestions such as 'drill a hole into this delightfully thin piece of glass' will, unfortunately, not be of use to me! Razz

What are my best options? Fashion a basic 'bottle bong' as sported by all self-respecting teens in European parks at night? A delicious combination of coca-cola bottle, hose-pipe, socket, and screens? Could then put screens into the socket, layer of ash/leaf, sprinkle of elf-enabler, then some sort of ceramic on top to take the heat?

I'm thinking this may be my only route...unless there is a post somewhere with something easy to put together?

I have been searching but all I can find is encouragement to buy the vaporgenie, I would trawl through more back-alleys of the interweb but it's 11pm, 30 degrees, and Sleep is beckoning me with promises of succubal visitations.

lazy shaman
#9 Posted : 8/27/2013 3:25:24 PM

I used to use a beeeeeeeeatiful one piece, glass, loooooooong thin stemmed pipe with a big ball at the end but alas, it proved too fragile and didn't agree with the solidity of a marble floor. Needless to say I came to my current location unarmed and am now regretting doing so.

cyb
#10 Posted : 8/27/2013 3:28:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lazy shaman wrote:
McGuiver ...

>Make a Machine<
Ok...this one has a hole drilled...but there's no reason not to punch a hole in it with a nail or summat...
It can be as ghetto as you want...the principle is the same.
(remember convection ...not conduction)

Also...read the Nexus for a few days...all your answers are here and more.

General Gypsy
#11 Posted : 8/27/2013 3:46:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Again Cheers and Welcome!

"Many of us who have experienced psychedelics feel very much that they are sacred tools. They open spiritual awareness."
"The elimination of the fear of death transforms the individual's way of being in the world." -Stanislav Grof

"My advice to people today is as follows: if you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out."
"Drop Out--detach yourself from the external social drama which is as dehydrated and ersatz as TV. Turn On--find a sacrament which returns you to the temple of God, your own body. Go out of your mind. Get high. Tune In--be reborn. Drop back in to express it. Start a new sequence of behavior that reflects your vision." -Timothy Leary