We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Enhanced Leaf Vaporization Temperature Options

dreamer042
#1 Posted : 7/23/2013 12:35:47 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I finally got round to throwing some changa/ehanced leaf (actually it was a blend of both, the roaches from some changa joints) into the old Arizer Extreme Q. I used the bag attachment and it worked out phenomenally.

I found a small amount of vapor started to form around the 300-325 F range, but I got the really good vapor at right in the 350-375 F range, just like cannabis actually. My results suggest any standard cannabis vaporizer should work perfectly fine for an enhanced leaf blend.

Note regarding Harmalas: Harmalas do not like to vaporize, they will release a tiny bit of vapor before they cinge in the 400-425 F range. You may get a tiny bit of harmala effect from a straight changa blend if you dive the temp up a bit, but it is not a very efficient harmala administration method.

Just wanted to share my results as I know others have been curious about DMT vaporization temps as well.

Hope it helps Smile
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Paradoxon
#2 Posted : 8/24/2013 9:50:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey dreamer,
i recently used the "witch drum" changa blend as well as a few enhanced leaf bleands in an aromed vaporizer. In general, the aromed vaporizer is wonderful for that purpose and i usually set the temperature to 170 - 180 °C (340 - 360 F). This is also the temperature where i usually vape weed, like u. 170 °C is more pleasant to smoke than 180 °C in my opininon, but sometimes you need a bit more temperature (depending on the amount of herbs, cleaniness of the cone etc.).
What i also really like about the aromed vaporizer is, that you can share a cone with 2 or even 3 people. You just have to put in more changa and then do a "puff-n-pass" round. It will be a pleasant onset and finally you travel together Cool
For the harmalas i have to say, that it worked out pretty well with the aromed vaporizer in this temperature regime, too. Really, really well Pleased Though i think that the DMT content in the Witch Drum blend has to be slightly increased Twisted Evil
Are we a human being with a spiritual experience, or are we a spiritual being with a human experience?

Jees
#3 Posted : 8/24/2013 10:33:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi dreamer, found same temp settings best with same apparatus, but I did not have the bag system to check out on. Without the bags, it's not ideal IMO.

With like 180 deg C (350 F) the temperature inertia was too big to get everything vaped in one hit. For non-peaking soft benign multiple hits approach this is just fine, and on a full maoi body this might work out nicely. Did you guys really break trough with it?

Paradoxon
#4 Posted : 8/24/2013 11:34:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just looked the arizer up. It really looks cool. Can you operate it with a tube as well as with a bag, like the volcano?

For the brekthrough question: Yes, i had thorough breakthroughs without MAOIs a couple of times with the aromed vaporizer, but then i smoked the cone all by myself. This was always with DMT enhanced leaf (without MAOI). I actually like DMT enhanced leaf much more than Changa (with MAOI), but this may change as soon as i have changa which works for me...
Are we a human being with a spiritual experience, or are we a spiritual being with a human experience?

halfhead
#5 Posted : 5/27/2014 7:06:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

very nice dreamer Smile SWIM is currently visiting the realm of goodness through this technique Smile Hopefully this time he is able to report back in a language I can understand! hehe
Open source consciousness... The way it should be!

-hH