We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
'Mapping' DMT space? Options

rawmo
#21 Posted : 4/15/2009 4:14:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there,

yeah having identifiers for different combos/types of DMT should be easy enough

main thing is getting a friendly programmer to come up with a basic data entry system [i'm sure there are a stack of free templates around] that could be used as a prototype and then develop the fields/structure from there.]

Even letting the system be 'self creating',
i.e. general boxes and then an 'other' box that you put your own basic data into.
If the other data exhibits trends then those trends could be incorporated into the general boxes category etc

You could not only with this understand what general trends are in DMT trips/space, but also observe your own trends of experience and perhaps even compare them to other [agreeing] users.

rawmo

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

The Traveler
#22 Posted : 4/15/2009 8:09:39 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

rawmo wrote:
main thing is getting a friendly programmer to come up with a basic data entry system [i'm sure there are a stack of free templates around] that could be used as a prototype and then develop the fields/structure from there.]

Even letting the system be 'self creating',
i.e. general boxes and then an 'other' box that you put your own basic data into.
If the other data exhibits trends then those trends could be incorporated into the general boxes category etc

I'll let my thoughts work on this a bit. I think I have an idea to create this but I have to work out the loose ends.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

rawmo
#23 Posted : 4/15/2009 8:59:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ace traveller,

you rock and are helpful : )

keep me posted of anything that I might be able to help with

rawmo
#24 Posted : 5/3/2009 2:39:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there,

cheers for the TKM reference.

My take on it would be that if we are going to attempt this and get it happening we are going to have to base it on a well structured system where we define basic identifiers / developmental aspects.

Ultimately regardless whether the phenomena in DMT space actually fit into the first categorisation attempt this will give us as much knowledge into the nature of our our perspectives/limits [in that we are the filters of the experience into 'normal space' and the limits of our normal space define the beginnings of the ways we can categorise any system we wish to understand].

We should also be aware of keeping the system simple,
if there are any relevant analogies we could be made to our own day to day world it's that complexity comes out out remarkably simple systems. [it's just the way they are put together that counts].

and yup, you have to be fearless to enter into a realm that exists beyond the limits of emotion : )

rawmo
#25 Posted : 5/12/2009 6:21:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I'll let my thoughts work on this a bit. I think I have an idea to create this but I have to work out the loose ends.

Kind regards,

The Traveler[/quote]

cool,

hey it'd perhaps also be handy to have a 'pre-entry' mind set that could also be filled in [if the person wanted].
Seems to me [and for observing / talking with others] that the mind-set you enter into the experience with directly and importantly influences the trip.

could end up providing a useful cross correlation system.
maybe someone like Strassman or someone with psychiatry experience has already generated a table that could be applied?

The Traveler
#26 Posted : 5/12/2009 8:02:31 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Maybe we can make people choose several mindsets? It would be an interesting test.

As for the visualization of the mapping I was thinking about using Silverlight with it's deep zoom control, you can then zoom in and out of different parts of the map with it's correlated experiences and properties.

rawmo
#27 Posted : 5/12/2009 8:41:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Maybe we can make people choose several mindsets? It would be an interesting test.

yup,
One of the interesting things i have noticed is a correlation between people with a medical / science background being more likely to have similar experiences and also being 'told' not to analyse the experience so much but just to experience it.
Equally friends going in expecting to see cute fairies often experience exactly that.

A set of pre defined mindsets to focus on beforehand could provide some interesting clues in relation to the 'filter of the mind' and how that may correlate with the phenomenon.
again i would imagine that those with a psychiatry style background would possible have the best advice on basic, not too complex and achievable mindsets to start the study from...?

cheers

azrael
#28 Posted : 9/27/2009 4:21:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Any updates? This is a really great idea Very happy

polytrip
#29 Posted : 9/27/2009 4:41:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I didn't know this thread at first.
I as well have recently done a proposal to map hyperspace in the 'mapping hyperspace' thread.

My aproach was somewhat different though.

In short, i see hyperspace as a place where spirits can flow freely. In my view there is a relationship between hyperspace and the afterlife.
I see the afterlife as a black hole; a place beyond wich we cannot see.
We can on the other hand, see and go towards the 'entry', the event horizon of the black hole.
This is where near death experiences and psychedelic experiences can take us to.

A recent ayahuasca and mushroom journey reminded me of a near death experience i had, when i was a child.

My model of hyperspace would on paper look like a circle with a dot in the midle of it. The dot in the middle represents the 'black hole', wich i, in hyperspace perspective like to refer to as 'the source'. The outline of the circle represents every possible place in every material realm (like our planet), from wich you can take-off towards hyperspace. The outer line can be drawn as a 2-dimensional circle, but can be seen a 3-dimensional or 4-dimensional (considering time) sphere.
The place in between the dot and the outer line is hyperspace.

On major aspect that determines a 'location' in hyperspace is one dimensional line that measures the distance to the source. The deeper you go in hyperspace, the closer you get to the source.
The more universal your experience is, the more you are in a straight line towards the source and the closer you are as well.

Specific locations like other planets are on the line and visiting them would be like being close to the outer line on another location then where you started.

If another location would be a specific location, but with great unmaterial aspects, it would be a location somewhere on a smaller circle inside hyperspace.

Many of the entity's, i think, serve as guides towards the source.

Instead of, like in string theory, having other dimensions curved into small sized pockets, from hyperspace seen, OUR dimension is curved within a small sized space.
The source, wich is a small dot on the mapp, is in reality everywhere, yet finding the way towards everywhere is difficult for beings like us, who have become adapted to small curved-up space.
This is why many of us need guides to be able to find our way.

This is at least my picture of it.

mindash
#30 Posted : 6/27/2017 11:41:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

not to kick a dead horse but i was really loving where this was going but sad to see it had died out a number of years back without much development. anyone have anything to kick start this mapping again?

PREV12