We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The MAOI diet Options

The Little White Elf
#1 Posted : 8/2/2007 9:47:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So if SWIM was dreaming of 3 grams of rue how strict do you need to be with the MAOI diet. Swim has read alot of different accounts of how strict people follow the diet. How many days should one follow the diet before and after the dream. Are their some things that should surely avoided and are their some things that you can be a little less careful with. Erowid has a good list but Swim wants to know others experiences and how careful one needs to be.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

shakedownshaman
#2 Posted : 8/4/2007 8:00:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

maoi diet adherence, well, i'd say the things you wanna avoid the MOst are fermented products, esp. wine, dairy products, lintels, & rare red meats. the rest you dont have to be soo careful about. the only real danger i think would be under cases of extreme inhibition and extreme gorging of no-no foods. i say try to stick to the diet for at least 1-2 days if not mor if possible, but if theres small amounts in your system it'll probably only give you a headache or an upset stomach. safe travels!!! shakedownshaman
Got elves?

quantumbrujo
#3 Posted : 8/20/2007 12:51:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's not only certain foods you have to avoid.there is also a list of drugs and medication that don't mix well with MAOI's.Read up real well what you can and can't take because mixed with the wrong thing you can DIE.
I tried to say no to drugs but they wouldn't listen

The Traveler
#4 Posted : 8/20/2007 1:32:38 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

If I take rue at lets say 15:00. I make sure I don't eat anything in the morning, at 13:00 I take some white bread with young cheese because I like to take the trip with a satisfied stomach. I drink tapwater to still my thirst. After the trip I like to get a beer at the pub and talk about my experience with my best friend. I don't eat anything until the next day afternoon.

quantumbrujo
#5 Posted : 8/20/2007 10:59:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Traveler.What kind of young cheese do you eat?Cheddar? What about Kraft slices? Philadelfia cream cheese?Probably not much tyramine in those.

shansuke nakamura
#6 Posted : 8/21/2007 10:26:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

this is my maoi diet = breakfast = rice crispies.....lunch = beans on toast (no butter salt or pepper).......dinner about 6 oclock =rice vegtables chicken (no salt no pepper or chillie,only herbs. then ill drink the yage 3 hours or more later.this is the diet i stick with because i know its cool.i read somewhere that if your gonna eat the day of drinking make sure you drink the vine just as your starting to feel hungery.
you may think my hat is funny but i dont,im the grand wazzoo keeper of the mystic scrobe.

The Traveler
#7 Posted : 8/21/2007 2:51:25 PM

"No, seriously"

[quote:ac02536640="quantumbrujo"]Traveler.What kind of young cheese do you eat?Cheddar? What about Kraft slices? Philadelfia cream cheese?Probably not much tyramine in those.[/quote:ac02536640] Since I seem to be in The netherlands quite often, the young cheese I eat is just regular young Gouda (Goudse) cheese. I don't know about the other cheeses though.

quantumbrujo
#8 Posted : 8/22/2007 6:14:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I love gouda cheese, it's so good-ah!

The Traveler
#9 Posted : 8/23/2007 10:24:24 PM

"No, seriously"

[quoteVery happy9bd411830="quantumbrujo"]I love gouda cheese, it's so good-ah![/quoteVery happy9bd411830] Good to hear that, I like Gouda cheese too. Just took some on my dinner. Funny thing is that the Dutch didn't copyright/trademark it so anyone can make Gouda cheese this days. Pleased

blue halo
#10 Posted : 9/4/2007 8:01:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

could anyone else post some more MAOI diets, that they have, use or know of ? thnx
To stb or not to stb, that is the extraction.

magic clown
#11 Posted : 9/5/2007 6:42:42 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

White fish would be on the traditional Indian menu. I like to use fish in simple pasta dishes with onions, garlic, and tomatoes. In normal planned trips I will not eat any of the notted contraindictionous (is that a real word?) foods the day before. My evening meal will be pasta as above with maybe a beer or two, never more. The portions tend to be a little less than if I hadn't been planning to do a trip the next day. I sleep well and wake naturally without the aid of an alarm clock. The sacrement is normally consumed within an hour of being fully awake, without consuming any food, I may perhaps have a glass of water. During the duration of the trip, I rarley think of food. If however I do feel like some nose bag, it is generally more pasta. I am normally feeling ravenous on emerging from a trip and will eat anything not specificly contraindictionous. At this point I will start to tentativley drink beer stopping at the mearest hint of a headache.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

DZ-015
#12 Posted : 9/5/2007 9:05:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've never had a problem with MAOI contra-indications, or interactions with other things. I take Zoloft (an SSRI), and have even taken it hours before an MAOI with little or no negative effects. Now i'm not suggesting anyone do this, because what works for me, might not for you, but i don't think it's as serious as you might be had to believe. However, one time on acid i ate a whole bunch of aged cheese in some lasagna. I had to make myself puke the stomach pain was so severe. So, go figure.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove that what is good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2

magic clown
#13 Posted : 9/6/2007 4:55:50 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

Three or four years ago, on one of those ridiculous ego power trips people somtimes go through. I started to think maybe I'm a bigger and better tripper than other psychonauts. One way to prove this to my peers was to not ignore, but push the boat a little on contraindictionous consumption. I found through tentative experiamentation, I could tolerate all manner of substances said to be prohibited. I would drink heavilly whilst tripping, because that is what I would have choosen to do if I hadn't been tripping. I once experienced a very painfull and incapacitating headache, which scared the shit out of me and left me pleading with God to let me live. Since that time I have been very much humbled and stick to the diet posted above. I abused my self and the sacrement and still feel slightly ashamed of myself for doing so. Thousands upon thousands of years of indeginous peoples experiences combined with modern scientific knowledge proclaims certain chemicals, otherwise harmless when combined together in the human body can produce harmfull perhaps fatal consequences. I know through my own stupidity that I'm not that big afterall.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense