We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Syrian Rue Preparation Options

TheNtt
#1 Posted : 4/14/2009 3:03:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has always used pure extracts when using MAOI's. He recently bought 28g of Syrian Rue because of the drastic price difference. He wants to make some tea and see how it feels, so he wanted me to ask what method of preperation is preferred here at the nexus.

So, how do you prepare your rue?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 4/14/2009 2:55:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

extracting... if you are patient and dont mind starting a process that takes a few days, its highly recommended. SWIM loves the process for it being food-safe and quite interesting how the colours go changing each step...

One needs only pure salt, vinegar and sodium carbonate (which can be made from putting covered baking soda in the oven).

The trick is to decant instead of filter, and to repeat the salt-saturation step (or all the process) a few times to get a pure product.

Syrian rue has some relatively unknown alkaloids, such as vasicine and vasicinone, which may cause uterine contractions and even abortion in pregnant woman, and in men, well, I dont know but I preffer getting the pure harmalas in any case.

btw, you can buy 100g syrian rue for 5 dollars at seedvendor.com, shipping included. They ship from india, organic rue seeds.. I bought it when I was still living in Dreamland, also bought it in Europe, both times arrived perfectly.

tryptographer
#3 Posted : 4/14/2009 9:57:24 PM

tryptamine photographer

endlessness wrote:
Syrian rue has some relatively unknown alkaloids, such as vasicine and vasicinone, which may cause uterine contractions and even abortion in pregnant woman, and in men, well, I dont know but I preffer getting the pure harmalas in any case.

btw, you can buy 100g syrian rue for 5 dollars at seedvendor.com, shipping included. They ship from india, organic rue seeds.. I bought it when I was still living in Brazil, also bought it in Europe, both times arrived perfectly.

Yes, Rue is amazing 'bang for your buck'!

I'm not too worried about those possible toxins, keeping dose below 3 grams. No uterus... but you made me think Endlessness. The extraction sounds tempting.

I made tea once, for the first SHE event and had no nausea and also no psychoactive effects by itself. Depending on body weight 2-3 grams. I crushed the seeds (only 2 grams), boiled them for a few minutes in two cups of water with some lemon juice, filtered through a coffee filter (took several hours!), added some honey and drank. Too acidic, not necessary...

Next time, I'll put 2.5 grams of crushed seeds in a tea bag, soak it for a few minutes in hot water just like tea, without lemon juice and see what happens.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 4/14/2009 10:31:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it should be very soluble without any acid also...

SWIM also doesnt think its very dangerous, and he has also made the rue tea (grinded and boiled 3x in water with bit of lemon).

But these alkaloids are more like an added 'unknown variable' that SWIM preffers to leave out. For the full flavour SWIM preffers going to the caapi, and with rue using the extracts.