We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Suggestion: Trichocereus Analysis Thread Options

Cosmic Spore
#1 Posted : 8/17/2013 3:01:15 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

I would really like to see a Trichocereus Analysis Thread on the nexus. Love

I could eventually contribute cuttings from specimens within my cactus collection.

I suspect other members would really like to see more information on this topic, and a Trichocereus Analysis Thread would be a big step in the correct direction.

Named types, named variants, different extraction procedures...

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

sabbathin
#2 Posted : 8/17/2013 3:11:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good day. What do you mean by analysis? Are you talking about compunds you can found in Trichocereus spp.? If so, i got some bibliography that could be of your interest Smile. Peace.
Wormhole traveler

Cosmic Spore
#3 Posted : 8/17/2013 3:25:14 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

I am hoping for GC-MS analysis.

I have seen some pdf's by Keeper Trout Thumbs up

I really like the one linked here but this one is my favorite.

I want to see a Trichocereus Analysis Thread though, please. Smile

sabbathin
#4 Posted : 8/17/2013 3:43:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cosmic Spore wrote:
I am hoping for GC-MS analysis.

I have seen some pdf's by Keeper Trout Thumbs up

I really like the one linked here

I want to see a Trichocereus Analysis Thread though, please. Smile

Well, there's a paper about GC of the said cacti, but it's not accesible via internet. Anyway, here's one about cristallization of mescalline from it https://frescovocalis.at...3_d.m._crosby_8158_1.pdf

Good luck Smile
Wormhole traveler

endlessness
#5 Posted : 8/17/2013 4:56:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is no better collection of analysis info on San Pedro and related species than both the links you posted from Trout.

At the moment I still haven't done any thorough GC/LC-MS analysis on cacti, and not aware if others have done. Actually burnt did test some peyote already (link) , though peaks are not quantified.

I did test with TLC some extraction from a mix of pedro, peruvianus and tercheski, and it only shown mescaline. Maybe there are other trace alkaloids that didn't appear due to being under limit of detection, which probably means if there is anything else in such small quantities they wouldn't affect the trip much anyways. Same was true when me trav and infundibulum tested a bridgesii extract which only showed mescaline. We didn't quantify alkaloids.

Cosmic Spore, if you want, what would be great would be to start a new thread on the collaborative research subforum called "San Pedro / Peyote and related species Workspace" or something similar. Then you could try to extract the most relevant information from trout's book (giving due credit) and post there. Then we could all start adding information there regarding historical use, geographical location, etc etc.. And once I/we do any further analysis, we could post there too.

How does that sound? Smile

Cosmic Spore
#6 Posted : 8/17/2013 6:26:06 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

endlessness wrote:
There is no better collection of analysis info on San Pedro and related species than both the links you posted from Trout.

At the moment I still haven't done any thorough GC/LC-MS analysis on cacti, and not aware if others have done. Actually burnt did test some peyote already (link) , though peaks are not quantified.

I did test with TLC some extraction from a mix of pedro, peruvianus and tercheski, and it only shown mescaline. Maybe there are other trace alkaloids that didn't appear due to being under limit of detection, which probably means if there is anything else in such small quantities they wouldn't affect the trip much anyways. Same was true when me trav and infundibulum tested a bridgesii extract which only showed mescaline. We didn't quantify alkaloids.

Cosmic Spore, if you want, what would be great would be to start a new thread on the collaborative research subforum called "San Pedro / Peyote and related species Workspace" or something similar. Then you could try to extract the most relevant information from trout's book (giving due credit) and post there. Then we could all start adding information there regarding historical use, geographical location, etc etc.. And once I/we do any further analysis, we could post there too.

How does that sound? Smile

That sounds like a plan. Smile

I hope to find out exactly which variants have the most mescaline, and confirm/check potencies some of the most interesting variants.

Cosmic Spore
#7 Posted : 8/17/2013 6:51:37 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢