We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The weed! Ingestion? Options

Infectedstyle
#1 Posted : 8/15/2013 8:20:42 AM
I compulsively post from time to time

Haven't smoked in quite some time now. I do take a few hits occasionally, when friends are 'round smoking. I can't resist some tokes. Now i take using weed in careful consideration (There's a reason i quit smoking, mostly due to high anxiety and social inability) but also to improve quality of sleep. What i noticed however, is that taking just a few hits takes me into a dreamstate for about an hour or so, until the effects subdue. I'm thinking of a 2-3 hour high or longer to really explore this feeling. So, for weed. i'm looking for the optimal ingestion method and possible combinations to potentiate the actives. I generally don't like sugar/fatties. I might make a proper milkshake. But i'm not against extracts or smoking resin. Although, i will experiment with those at a later stage, cus i'm not into seperating compounds like a thc high without cbd, at this point i like the combination a lot and think it's perfect.

So, does anyone have any tips on ingestion methods? A nice recipe (not to sweet) or even pizza sounds good. (In fact, i'm thinking of getting a pizza right now lol, that's probably why i'm littering this post atm)

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SKA
#2 Posted : 8/15/2013 10:11:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Maybe you'll find that Hash is more the experience you seek, without the risks Cannabis poses.
Allthough Weed actually helps me sleep & calm my mind when it is running away with me, I do recognise
the symptoms of fear/paranoya & social inhibition/hermetism that can come from long term Cannabis smoking.

Allthough I allways had problems with paranoya & being socially withdrawn, Cannabis defenitely seems to make it worse.
Because many people fail to realise that Cannabis is QUITE a potent Psychedelic; It's quite a trip to smoke a fat Cannabis joint. And we all know why, for instance, we wouldn't & shouldn't eat Psilocybe Mushrooms dayly; It's too
much for the mind. Similairly, smoking Cannabis dayly, may have at least as much psychologically harmfull effects
as it has psychological benefits.

When I came to this observation I switched from Cannabis to Hash. This made a world of difference to me.
It brought me into this dreamy state, but without the lethargia, tendencies to socially withdraw & paranoya
that can come with the smoking of Cannabis.

I have since switched back to Cannabis again, because it is the only effective enough medicine to calm down my
overactive, chaotic & insomniac mind. Hash just doesn't cut it.

The way I see it:
Looking for a sedative medicine to battle general physical &/or psychological "restlessness"?
In that case most people will find smoking Cannabis most effective.

Looking for a dreamy state of mind to increase creativity, act as social "lubrication" and/or just
as a recreational drug experience?
In that case you're more likely to prefer Hash.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#3 Posted : 8/15/2013 10:28:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you are looking to orally consume cannabis you might want to slowly infuse dried herb into coconut oil using a slow cooker (crock pot) on lowest setting for 6-8 hours or on a stovetop using simmer or warm for around the same time. Then just strain out the plant material through cheese cloth or a clean cotton t shirt and save and refrigerate the finished green oil. You can add this oil to pretty much anything or just eat it as is. Coconut oil works much better than lots of other oils and is non dairy so no problems with lactose.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
โ€” Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

changalvia
#4 Posted : 8/15/2013 10:30:02 AM

eat your jungle oats

An old friend of mine would throw a gram of -cheese- into a pan with cooking oil or butter, mix in the onions, and throw in suasages.

When it was all cooked he would stick it on a roll and enjoy his hotdog

Just make sure if you decide to eat it that its still warm, better that way Smile
With every great plan comes the pleasure of patience. Take a rest, and grab a suckle off the teat of life!

SpartanII
#5 Posted : 8/15/2013 10:30:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You could always make cannabutter/oil and inject it into gelatin capsules for convenience.

I prefer to use coconut oil (it's healthier), and inject it into the capsules while still liquid (but not hot), then refrigerate immediately.

Just dose carefully.Wink

Infectedstyle
#6 Posted : 8/15/2013 10:57:56 AM
I compulsively post from time to time

Hey SKA, smoked a hash joint yesterday and it definitely lessened the sedative effects gained from weed while still granting me recreational effects, as a sort of thought enhancer.

Do you smoke or vaporize your cannabis? I figured some of the stoning effects of weed is a byproduct of toxins released in combustion. However, i did weed in my gvg and (not sure if i burned it or not) it is HEAVY on my lungs. I'm never going to do that again. I've always been a skeptic of smoking plant material. It can't be all healthy for you.

Perhaps some of the downsides of weed compared to hash is lessened by the infusion process into coconut oil (Sounds tasty, Yumm!). Luckily, i can try both methods very soon: My friend is well-versed in making hash-milkshakes. And i'm definitely going for coconut oil tek. Thanks for the recipe, guys. And maybe a sausage is an option for one of my more hungry days. just have to be careful not to get munchies and eat all of them. xD

Michal_R
#7 Posted : 8/15/2013 11:02:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

... Or you can try experimenting with different Cannabis strains, which can make a lot of difference with regard to un/desired mental/physical effects. One could try to "taste" different ratios between Sativa, Indica and Ruderalis. If you are a grower yourself (growing these new "autoflowering" strains is very easy and one doesn´t need any high-tech equipment at all), then you could also experiment with the right timing of harvest (premature, or late harvest), which also affects the ratio between CBD, THC and other goodies... Just a few thoughts on the Alchemy of Cannabis Wink

Michal_R
#8 Posted : 8/15/2013 11:10:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Infectedstyle wrote:
...i did weed in my gvg and (not sure if i burned it or not) it is HEAVY on my lungs... I'm never going to do that again...

Thats interesting, because I have also been using my GVG, but with great results. If you vaporize properly (the same applies to DMT :winkSmile, then you almost shouldn´t smell/taste the vapour.

When I smoke Cannabis with my GVG, I am very careful not to burn it. I don´t "pre-heat" the GVG. I just turn on the lighter and immediately start making small puffs (shallow inhaling and quick exhaling, while applying heat from my torch lighter or regular bic-lighter). I want to determine the right moment for vaporization, which is exactly when I start exhaling white/light grey ´smoke´. Then, I imediately take a big toke and turn off the lighter (precisely not to burn the stuff)... This method works for me perfectly every time...

Wax
#9 Posted : 8/15/2013 7:46:03 PM

LUVR

SpartanII wrote:
You could always make cannabutter/oil and inject it into gelatin capsules for convenience.

I prefer to use coconut oil (it's healthier), and inject it into the capsules while still liquid (but not hot), then refrigerate immediately.

Just dose carefully.Wink

Just make sure you aren't using veggie capsules (actually I'm not sure if regular caps wouldn't react similarly) they will work, but they melt extremely fast when the oil is in a liquid state. You must put them in the freezer immediately or you will have a big nasty mess.

I'd almost rather stick the oil in a bowl and freeze it, then scoop out your doses.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

SpartanII
#10 Posted : 8/16/2013 9:49:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wax wrote:
SpartanII wrote:

Just dose carefully.Wink

Just make sure you aren't using veggie capsules (actually I'm not sure if regular caps wouldn't react similarly) they will work, but they melt extremely fast when the oil is in a liquid state. You must put them in the freezer immediately or you will have a big nasty mess.

I'd almost rather stick the oil in a bowl and freeze it, then scoop out your doses.

I find that as long as you get them cold quickly, they won't melt.

You can even put them in a used pill jar and make fun labels for them...Love