We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hemp sprout bag Options

imPsimon
#1 Posted : 8/9/2013 11:24:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just wanted to show my hemp sprout bag that gives me perfect sprouts every week.
It's a "Sproutman" hemp bag that I bought at a local health store.

-First I mix about 2dl of seeds (in the pictures its mung beans, green lentils and what I think is radish seeds)
and rinse them thoroughly for some minutes.

-Then I let the seeds soak for about 12-24 hours and if 24hours I change the water once.
(They will swell so keep ratio to maybe 1/4 seeds/water)

-Next I pour the seeds into the bag, they fill up maybe 1/5 to the top and rinse them.

-Now I rinse them at least 3 times a day (before work, after work and before I go to bed) but the more
the better. It's important to grab the corners and shake the seeds every rime you rinse.
If they are not shaken the seeds will start to grow
into the bag and it will be harder to clean afterwards.
When I rinse the bag I hang it on a handle so it can drip down into the sink.

After doing this for 2-3 days the sproutbag is full of nutritious sprouts.

-Turn the bag inside out and scrub it clean. For extra cleanliness it can be cooked.

Repeat!
imPsimon attached the following image(s):
Simon_20130809_003.jpg (569kb) downloaded 115 time(s).
Simon_20130806_002.jpg (821kb) downloaded 115 time(s).
Simon_20130806_003.jpg (607kb) downloaded 114 time(s).
Simon_20130809_001.jpg (702kb) downloaded 116 time(s).
Simon_20130809_002.jpg (831kb) downloaded 115 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

D.REYx420
#2 Posted : 8/9/2013 1:43:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That is rele awesome sir. I never thought of just doing myself lol
"we are not human being's having spiritual experiences, we are spiritual being's having human experience's." (Teilhard de Chardin (1975?)

imPsimon
#3 Posted : 8/9/2013 2:43:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

D.REYx420 wrote:
That is rele awesome sir. I never thought of just doing myself lol

It's really cheap to buy things like green lentils in bulk and you save the environment from all that plastic waste.
Commercially grown sprouts have several times made people sick
from salmonella and E.coli as well so that's a good reason to grown your own.

Note: If you buy lentils for sprouting see if they are relatively fresh so you'll know that
they are viable.
(The ones I have sprouted now on the picture have been on my shelf for more then six months though
so they seem to have a long shelf life.)

Aegle
#4 Posted : 8/10/2013 2:00:41 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

ImPsimon

There is beauty within its simplicity, I have been growing my sprouts in glass jars with little mesh covers and a drip tray:

Though I really love the idea of growing sprouts in a hemp bag, thank you for sharing this really neat and ingenious idea.

Much Peace and Compassion
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

imPsimon
#5 Posted : 8/10/2013 9:18:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aegle wrote:
There is beauty within its simplicity, I have been growing my sprouts in glass jars with little mesh covers and a drip tray:

Though I really love the idea of growing sprouts in a hemp bag, thank you for sharing this really neat and ingenious idea.

The thing I like with the bag method is that the sprouts gets a lot of air so theres no place for
stagnant water where bacteria might grow but on the other hand
one has to watch out so they wont dry out.
In my climate rinsing three times a day is enough but I usually rinse and shake it every time I pass the sink.

Aegle
#6 Posted : 8/11/2013 3:30:46 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

ImPsimon

Indeed, I make sure to rinse my jars also three times a day... in order for the sprouts to stay moist and fresh. The glass jars are placed on a stand so that all the water can filter out through the mesh covers into the drip tray below which prevents stagnant water collecting by the sprouts. There is something really lovely about incorporating hemp when ever you can as it is such a versatile and amazing natural material.

Much Peace and Kindness
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

MagicGing
#7 Posted : 8/15/2013 1:57:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i think this thread has sprouted some sprouting interest in sprouting my own sprouts! hehe

thanks for the info and inspiration Smile
β€œThe swans go on the path of the sun, they go through the ether by means of their miraculous power; the wise are led out of this world, when they have conquered Mara (desire) and his train" Dhammapada

"But is it probable," asked Pascal, "that probability gives assurance? Nothing gives certainty but truth; nothing gives rest but for the sincere search for truth"