We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Issue, have I done something wrong, GVG/Copper Pictures!? Options

fordy_alexsupra
#1 Posted : 8/1/2013 9:04:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all at the Nexus.

The GVG was clean before now as you can see from the pictures it does not look pritty. The oily sticky brown/black substance started to build up in my GVG after the forth 60mg journey with a friend. At the time we were using 'white freebase DMT' and the chor-boy copper.

So please any advice on what this substance could be, oil from the copper?
I used a blow torch lighter on the made copper disc before use was this possibly was not a go enought clean, what could I use to clean the copper befor making the disc?

I do not want this happening again or to anyone! Because now friend and me have a bad cough!

Much appreciated, thanks for looking!
Al

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 8/1/2013 11:17:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do not know about the copper safety to be honest, why don't you change that to something more inert. You can try this:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=42867

Or a volcano liquid pad...

Both should work fine, and less health risk.

It could just be, though, that it's some harmless (and active) dmt n-oxide that condensed on your GVG, hence the oily darker color. Hard to say. If I were you, I'd wash the GVG well and then get one of those pad alternatives mentioend above.

fordy_alexsupra
#3 Posted : 8/2/2013 11:33:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
I do not know about the copper safety to be honest, why don't you change that to something more inert. You can try this:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=42867

Or a volcano liquid pad...

Both should work fine, and less health risk.

It could just be, though, that it's some harmless (and active) dmt n-oxide that condensed on your GVG, hence the oily darker color. Hard to say. If I were you, I'd wash the GVG well and then get one of those pad alternatives mentioend above.

Thanks for the info/advice dude.
The volcano pad I have used it was ok but I found I the freebase dripped through. Volcano pad may be better for 'changa spice'. I have lost trust in the copper for now, I have already ordered the Ceramic Disc Twisted Evil. Many thanks for the link BTW.

peace and love

gibran2
#4 Posted : 8/2/2013 12:20:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

The substance in your GVG is pyrolized (burnt/caramelized) re-condensed DMT vapor.

It shows that you are probably overheating the DMT. This isn’t easy to do with a GVG, but if you have a very hot lighter and/or are very aggressive with the flame, you will burn it.

This also explains the cough – burnt DMT is very rough on the lungs and should be avoided!

Apply less heat and regularly clean your GVG -- every third use or so -- (vinegar works great if you don’t plan on trying to recover anything) and you should be good to go.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Walter D. Roy
#5 Posted : 8/2/2013 3:57:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Me and my friends use a kind of pipe to where its pretty easy to overheat the dmt. But its our best method yet! But just to let you know, we get that stuff all the time in our pipes. It usually looks very crystalline. Plus DMT MAKES YOU COUGH. Terence Mckenna says the non-hash smokers with non-leather lungs have a very hard time with this.
The Unknown = A Place to Learn

3rdI
#6 Posted : 8/2/2013 4:06:12 PM

veni, vidi, spici

Walter D. Roy wrote:
Plus DMT MAKES YOU COUGH. Terence Mckenna says the non-hash smokers with non-leather lungs have a very hard time with this.

It doesn't if you don't burn it. As much as I love McKenna I think he was very wrong about the leather lungs, I think he was just burning the goodness, and also the 3 tokes is bobbins. I think if TM had a GVG he would have had a very different view on these 2 things.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

The Traveler
#7 Posted : 8/2/2013 4:10:07 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Walter D. Roy wrote:
Terence Mckenna says the non-hash smokers with non-leather lungs have a
very hard time with this.

But Terence did not have that awesome GVG. Pleased

If you got the technique right you will not even notice that you are inhaling DMT until you puff out a little bit, often it surprises when a thick white cloud comes out when I do that.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

anrchy
#8 Posted : 8/2/2013 4:16:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You do not need to torch copper to clean it. Infact I advise against this. Hen you torch any metal you often see a carbon buildup appear and you don't want to inhale that, not saying this is what has caused the cough I agree with members above that you likely burnt your DMT during use.

Simply get a new piece of chore boy and soak it in acetone or similar solvent for awhile then pull it out and let the solvent FULLY evap off. The only thing that is on te copper mesh is mineral oil.

I would also review your copper disc design and make it better, only load the DMT into a pile in the center of it, lightly use a lighter without touching the ceramic disc to melt the DMT. Then use a butane torch to Vape.

Or take endlessness's advice.
Open your Mind (β’Ά) Please read my DMT vaping guide (β’Ά) Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

endlessness
#9 Posted : 8/2/2013 4:17:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gibran is right, its possible if you heat too much too fast, some will DMT will actually burn and create harsh compounds which could result on the cough.

That being said, for some people DMT is specially harsh, even with the GVG, but if you dont overload your lungs and take in the right amount, as Trav said, you dont even notice you are inhaling anything until you exhale it and smell and see the vapor

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#10 Posted : 8/8/2013 3:16:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Gibran is right, its possible if you heat too much too fast, some will DMT will actually burn and create harsh compounds which could result on the cough.

That being said, for some people DMT is specially harsh, even with the GVG, but if you dont overload your lungs and take in the right amount, as Trav said, you dont even notice you are inhaling anything until you exhale it and smell and see the vapor

The only complaint I have about the GVG is how poorly it performs in multi-person and/or multi-trip sessions.

Not meaning to threadjack the original poster here, but this is something I think about quite a bit and it seems relevant to the initial post.

-I have toyed around with the idea of icing the GVG between hits but I'm reluctant to add further steps to the ceremonial process. And tempered glass probably shouldn't be subjected to unnecessary thermal shock like that.

-Waiting longer between hits is not a reasonable option, sometimes the elves want you back ASAP to finish the conversation/demonstration and it's bad to interrupt the flow.
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.